What should I do.......30 days extension or get single-entry tourist visa ?

I entered Thailand 11 november 2016 on a 30 days exemption coming from Brussels. I have been in Thailand before this year (period 24 may until 8 september by using 30 days exemption + buy 30 days at immigration...then flying out to Kuala Lumpur and after returning at DMK doing this again; this went all very well...there were no problems). My last tourist visa dates back to 24 april 2015. 

I not work here but when in between projects in Europe I like to be in Thailand.

My passport (issued 7 november 2012 and valid until 7 november 2017) is full of stamps but between every stay there is always a period of at least two months that I have not been in Thailand.

When I arrived 11 november the immigration officer had problems with the many stamps, asked me where I worked and how long I would stay...I answered that I worked in Europe and gave him some names of the companies I work for there and offered to call them but he said no and he handed me over to a senior officer who just took me to another desk and stamped me in only telling me "next time get a visa".

I will be flying back to Europe january 5 2017 so I would have enough with a 1.900 baht 30 days extension(would save me the trip to Vientiane)  but I not have a good feeling. I saw the 1st immigration officer typing something while talking to me but of course could not see if that was connected to me.

My question is: should I try to get another 30 days ...then fly out back to Europe and get me a new clean passport(will have to do that anyway) or better go to Vientiane and get me a tourist visa even if it is for only 1 month ?.

Looking forward to hear your opinion. 

Thanks Joe......your answer gives me "hope".....I will go to the immigration-office 6 december then should there be trouble I will have time enough to go to Vientiane.

What would be the first possible date to apply for another 30 days.....my 30 days end december 10 but with december 5 and 12 coming I would like to know it as soon as possible.

35 minutes ago, nuckyt77 said:

Thanks Joe......your answer gives me "hope".....I will go to the immigration-office 6 december then should there be trouble I will have time enough to go to Vientiane.

What would be the first possible date to apply for another 30 days.....my 30 days end december 10 but with december 5 and 12 coming I would like to know it as soon as possible.

I don't recall any report of the 30 day extension being denied. 

You could apply late next week at most offices.