Thai Embassy /visa section in Singapore

I've seen a number of posts that warn members against applying for visas in Singapore. Can anyone please explain what the issues are.

I'm a permanent resident (16 years) in Singapore but looking at a more 'permanent' move to Thailand as my business winds down in Singapore. I'm still considering visa options (including the newly announced 10-year scheme), but I wonder whether it will look like I'm trying to 'game the system' if I were to apply for a visa in Penang or Hanoi rather than Singapore where I reside. FWIW, I'm 54 with both Australian and Canadian passports.

Being a permanent resident of Singapore should make it easier to get visas at the Thai embassy there.

They are often unfriendly to those not living there getting visas and often come with new rules to deny accepting the application. I suggest people not go there to get a visa if that is the only reason they are going to Singapore.

For retirement you could apply for a OA long stay visa there.

You would not have a problem applying at other embassies and consulates for tourist visas. 

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Being a permanent resident of Singapore should make it easier to get visas at the Thai embassy there.

They are often unfriendly to those not living there getting visas and often come with new rules to deny accepting the application. I suggest people not go there to get a visa if that is the only reason they are going to Singapore.

For retirement you could apply for a OA long stay visa there.

You would not have a problem applying at other embassies and consulates for tourist visas. 

Thanks for your reply, Joe. Much appreciated....

The staff at Thai embassy in Singapore mostly being Singaporeans adhere to rules and regulations strictly.

You must have all the proper paperwork required.

If you got extensions too many times for Thai tourist visa you will be flat out refused with advice to stay away from Thailand for 3 month or 4 months.

But if you got all proper paperwork and am not someone who is doing visa runs. I don't see why you will be refused a visa.

These are all my observations from all the times I have been to the Thai Embassy in Singapore.