Japanese Sweets & Bakery

lotus eater

I know of a place on the food court floor of the airport plaza - which doesn't quite have the things I'd like - or would see in a japanese place in europe (probably also Bangkok).

Does anyone know another such place in Chiang Mai?

I can recommend Baan Bakery. It's a Japanese bakery on Suriyawong Road. Turn off the moat (the outside) at Chiang Mai gate and go down towards Kad Kom market. It's a small bakery on the corner of the first soi on the left (before the Chiang Mai gate hotel). Don't know what you're looking for but their stuff seems really good to me!

I know of a place on the food court floor of the airport plaza - which doesn't quite have the things I'd like - or would see in a japanese place in europe (probably also Bangkok).

Does anyone know another such place in Chiang Mai?

I can recommend Baan Bakery. It's a Japanese bakery on Suriyawong Road. Turn off the moat (the outside) at Chiang Mai gate and go down towards Kad Kom market. It's a small bakery on the corner of the first soi on the left (before the Chiang Mai gate hotel). Don't know what you're looking for but their stuff seems really good to me!

Got to agree - Baan Bakery , whilst not being partcularly large, has a really good selection of wonderful baked goodies. The bakers (family concern) are Thais, trained for many years in Japan.

Really nice guys and family - with perfect English .

Ask them for what you want - you just might get lucky !

We have bought from them very many times - top stuff !