November 25, 20169 yr I Am a UK citizen if I enter Thailand overland and get a 30 day visa exemption. Can I then extend this the next day giving me 60 days In Thailand? Or do I have to wait until the end of the first 30 days then apply. I want to know this because If I can do this I want to then go to the British Embassy on day number 3 to apply for a new passport. This will give me about 57 days to complete the process. I am hoping I can use my old passport to exit and my new one to apply for a new tourist visa somewhere else. Or do I have to get the stamps transferred? I want to do it this way so if I do have to get stamps transferred I won't have a visa in my new passport. So will this all work? Or am I going about it the wrong way? Thanks for any helpSent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
November 25, 20169 yr You cannot extend your 30 day entry until near the end of it. You can apply for new passport and use the old one to apply for the 30 day extension. You do not apply at the UK embassy for your new passport. You apply at VFS visa center in the Trendy building. Info is here: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports Recent reports indicate the average time to get a new passport is about 3 weeks. There should be no need to go out for a visa using your old passport. Once you have your new passport you will show both passports on departure from the country and they will transfer your permit to stay stamp to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it.
Create an account or sign in to comment