Selling an asset back home, documents need for incoming money?

35 minutes ago, catman20 said:

when your money arrives in Thailand be sure to get a tor tor sam from your bank as you need that to take the money back out of Thailand if ever you wish to do so

So how much are you allowed to take out of Thailand in cash? In both THB and another currency? Before you have to declare it?

14 hours ago, TSF said:

So how much are you allowed to take out of Thailand in cash? In both THB and another currency? Before you have to declare it?

No, it's the equivalent of $20,000 US in CASH or cash equivalents in a foreign currency.

Far less for Baht.

However the OP is not asking about CASH. For the OP, I refer him to catman20's post ~4.

On 25/11/2559 at 4:07 PM, catman20 said:

when your money arrives in Thailand be sure to get a tor tor sam from your bank as you need that to take the money back out of Thailand if ever you wish to do so

if your sending the money by wire,if its to a bank acc.you need to say what its for or they can refuse to except it.

If you transfer for than a certain amount, you will need to declare it to the Thai National Bank – it used to be equevalent to $20,000, but may have raised to $50,000 – your Thai bank will notify you, or ask in your local branch. When registering the transfer, make sure you get a stamped copy back – takes abou a week – and keep it, as that will eligible you to transfer the same amount out of Thailand, should you wish so at a later date.

On 25/11/2559 at 4:07 PM, catman20 said:

its an international money transfer certificate.

i sent my pensions once a yr.and always declare what its for.

when transfering a large amount when we bought our house they thai ministry wouldnt except it untill we proved what it was for. 2008.

6 hours ago, meatboy said:

its an international money transfer certificate.

i sent my pensions once a yr.and always declare what its for.

when transfering a large amount when we bought our house they thai ministry wouldnt except it untill we proved what it was for. 2008.

in Thailand its called a tor tor sam !

I recently transferred the equivalentof 6million bht by wire transfer via a forex account into thailand, i was only asked by the forex company in australia what the money was for. i have since withdrawn the money from thai bank no questions asked.

In my thai bank account its states the amount coming in and OTFR next to it which i guess is overseas transfer.

a year ago i had no problems transferring 4milllion bht back to australia as long as the amount added up to or less than i transferred into thailand.  Ihad to show the tansfers in an old bank passport i had kept.

The money was used for a property purchase in thailand, and the transfer back to australia a year ago was a property sale

10 hours ago, machans88 said:

I recently transferred the equivalentof 6million bht by wire transfer via a forex account into thailand, i was only asked by the forex company in australia what the money was for. i have since withdrawn the money from thai bank no questions asked.

In my thai bank account its states the amount coming in and OTFR next to it which i guess is overseas transfer.

a year ago i had no problems transferring 4milllion bht back to australia as long as the amount added up to or less than i transferred into thailand.  Ihad to show the tansfers in an old bank passport i had kept.

The money was used for a property purchase in thailand, and the transfer back to australia a year ago was a property sale

yes machans88 forex would inform thailand when the transfer was done.

when ours was refused we used a currency broker who forgot to ask us what it was for.they soon sorted it out.

Archived