Report to imigration?

I arrived to Thailand last week, i had a single entry non o visa.

I live in my own house and have the yellow house book.

Now my friend tells me that i have to report to imigration within 24 hour or i will get a 4000 thb fine.

Is this really correct?

I have never made a report erlier at arrival.

4 minutes ago, TheSwede99 said:

What is your advise?

Is it best to hand in TM30 or take a chance and do nothing.

I don't recall them fining individuals for not doing it soon after arrival. It is your choice.

You will need at least your yellow book and copies of your passport to do it.

Don't over complicate things. Do the report and when/if they ask you when you arrived home, tell them the day before. If they ask where you were between airport arrival and then, just tell them you stayed at a guest house. It is up to the guest house to report you. Pick a guesthouse in another province.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSwede99 said:

What is your advise?

Is it best to hand in TM30 or take a chance and do nothing.

2 hours ago, TheSwede99 said:

Will i get a fine if i hand in TM30 tomorrow?

• You need to ask your local office if they want the TM.30.
  • They will go by the date you put on the TM.30 as the date you arrived at the property, and it's unlikely that they would strictly enforce the 24 hour rule.
  • The maximum fine/penalty is 2,000 baht. The typical fine is 800 baht.

Do you live in your own house? I note you have a yellow book so maybe like me the house belongs to your partner. If so then the partner is the landlord and the partner is responsible for the TM30 (not you).

Just a possibly stupid question: Do I,, a holder of a Permanent Residence Permit (with the appropriate Aliens Police Book), respectively my wife who is the house owner (a Thai),  need to submit a TM30? I have had the PR Permit for over 10 years now.

3 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Just a possibly stupid question: Do I,, a holder of a Permanent Residence Permit (with the appropriate Aliens Police Book), respectively my wife who is the house owner (a Thai),  need to submit a TM30? I have had the PR Permit for over 10 years now.

No you don't since you have PR. Those like 90 day reports and etc are only needed for those with a temporary stay.

Can anyone advise me on this potential problem?

I am an ex-pat living in Thailand using the retirement annual extension basis for 13 years but have been doing the 90 day reports for the last 4 years from a house I now live in but which is owned by a company, 51% of whose share are owned by my Thai daughter-in-law, who currently lives in the UK.   I own a few shares and am the Managing Director, so that I can sign the annual accounts.  

My question, perhaps belatedly, is:-   Is a form TM 30 required in my case, presumably signed  by my daughter-in-law? 

24 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

Hmmmm....I thought foreigners with the yellow Tabian Ban book in their names didn't have to file the TM30, guess maybe I was wrong?

Having a yellow house book does not exempt you from doing a TM30 report.

3 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I am an ex-pat living in Thailand using the retirement annual extension basis for 13 years but have been doing the 90 day reports for the last 4 years from a house I now live in but which is owned by a company, 51% of whose share are owned by my Thai daughter-in-law, who currently lives in the UK.   I own a few shares and am the Managing Director, so that I can sign the annual accounts.  

My question, perhaps belatedly, is:-   Is a form TM 30 required in my case, presumably signed  by my daughter-in-law? 

You should be able to do the TM30 form yourself if asked to do one since you are the managing director.

4 hours ago, alant said:

Do you live in your own house? I note you have a yellow book so maybe like me the house belongs to your partner. If so then the partner is the landlord and the partner is responsible for the TM30 (not you).

That doesn't help you, if you apply for another extension or visa.

At least here in CM they request it

(and funnily, they want to see proof instead of checking their system ... luckily I had a screenshot on my phone)

4 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

That doesn't help you, if you apply for another extension or visa.

At least here in CM they request it

(and funnily, they want to see proof instead of checking their system ... luckily I had a screenshot on my phone)

I have heard that although it was not requested of me in september or october for my extension (married). I do my 90 day next week lets see what happens then. My problem is I don't have one, it is filed electronically, no paper.

5 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

And Ubonjoe advised:

"You should be able to do the TM30 form yourself if asked to do one since you are the managing director".

Thank you Ubonjoe.  I wondered if that might be the case, although it seems crazy that effectively being the (part) owner of the house, I will be notifying that I am living in it.  Still, this is Thailand after all.

On 11/25/2016 at 3:40 PM, thequietman said:

Don't over complicate things. Do the report and when/if they ask you when you arrived home, tell them the day before. If they ask where you were between airport arrival and then, just tell them you stayed at a guest house. It is up to the guest house to report you. Pick a guesthouse in another province.

Good luck. 

That'll work.Lie to immigration on your first extension.Do it tomorrow and tell the truth.

5 hours ago, alant said:

I have heard that although it was not requested of me in september or october for my extension (married). I do my 90 day next week lets see what happens then. My problem is I don't have one, it is filed electronically, no paper.

Luckily, the juristic office was so smart to take a screenshot and send it to me.

A printout of that was sufficient.

BTW: I was for 2 weeks in my homecountry and met my property agent, who is doing her business mainly with farang, after returning with a short stopover visiting friends in Pattaya and Kamphaengphet.

She strongly advised me to report my return  to CM immigration... the reason being that I would be registered in the Immigration computer in 2 different locations already....

As an addon can anyone please clarify the current policy on reporting a change of address using  Form TM.28 when visiting friends for a few days?  Do I ask the friends to bring me to the police station to drop of this form, should they match it up with form TM.30 discussed in this thread? 

I have my TH home base at my wifes house in BKK. Do I need to submit TM.28 also after filling out the arrival card? Do I need to resubmit after staying a couple of weeks at a seaside resort?

Thanks!

ETA. for the time being I stay on tourist visas in TH.

Edited by RTH10260

26 minutes ago, RTH10260 said:

As an addon can anyone please clarify the current policy on reporting a change of address using  Form TM.28 when visiting friends for a few days?  Do I ask the friends to bring me to the police station to drop of this form, should they match it up with form TM.30 discussed in this thread? 

I have my TH home base at my wifes house in BKK. Do I need to submit TM.28 also after filling out the arrival card? Do I need to resubmit after staying a couple of weeks at a seaside resort?

Thanks!

ETA. for the time being I stay on tourist visas in TH.

• You don't need to report a change of address when visiting friends for a few days. That law is not enforced.
  • Your friends should submit a TM.30 form in the same way that a hotel would, but if they don't immigration have no way of knowing. It's not something you should not be concerned about, and it's not likely to be an issue for your friends.
  • Technically your wife should submit a TM.30 after you've entered the country, but it depends on the local offices policy whether you need to comply. BKK immigration don't seem to be enforcing TM.30's.
  • If your wife wants to do a report she can send it by post.

I jave s retirement visa.
I live in my partners house. Returned from trip two months ago and only just found out my partner should have lodged TM30.
She was not aware of this rule and neither was I until I looked on this site.
What happens if you don't lodge TM 30.
Does it come up when I do ninety day report?
Or next time I depart Thailand?
What are the options?

Sent from my D6503 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

10 minutes ago, Rockee said:

I jave s retirement visa.
I live in my partners house. Returned from trip two months ago and only just found out my partner should have lodged TM30.
She was not aware of this rule and neither was I until I looked on this site.
What happens if you don't lodge TM 30.
Does it come up when I do ninety day report?
Or next time I depart Thailand?
What are the options?

Sent from my D6503 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Nothing to get excited about. As said before it depends upon the office you report to. Some offices ask for it anytime you do something there and others never ask for it.

Certainly no problem when leaving the country.