What sort of People do you Beware of?

NoshowJones

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Any pretentious w****r who tries to bring their 'alleged' wealth into the conversation.

what about the person whose grandma has just passed away or whose buffalo is too sick to plough the rice fields.

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I do also take an evasive like gait when I'm about to encounter one of those Israeli hand and nail cream peddlers.  They sell mud and honey as well....

If they're aggressive and in my face then they'll be forcibly moved out of my way and I still won't look them in the eye.

6 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I do also take an evasive like gait when I'm about to encounter one of those Israeli hand and nail cream peddlers.  They sell mud and honey as well....

I also despise them, they always come to my missus though. Very annoying.

Also don't like the promotors for the gyms, they ONLY pick overweighted people...and also gossip when you passed them but hey i can speak thai and sure reply them...with their own fat behind, how dare they?

21 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Anyone who's too overly friendly the first time you meet them.  I'm not talking customer service people whose job it is to kiss-up to customers.  But just people you've met for the first time, but they act like they've been your buddy all your life. 

Hmmm had that last  night off the security guard here, he's  new................"hello, how are you, where are you going"..........

I answered "Scotland" and walked off

Edited by kannot

22 minutes ago, acid thunder said:

If they're aggressive and in my face then they'll be forcibly moved out of my way and I still won't look them in the eye.

That's the exact time you look them straight in the eye.....That's how you dismiss them.....They understand that.....

9 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Only Nigeria?? What about people from Yorkshire?

You cannot tell. Many years ago in Australia, I worked as a precision machinist. A new guy started work in the workshop and it was such an <deleted> of a place he was never taken round and introduced to all the workers. By mid afternoon I was well aware no one had approached his machine to talk to him. He was Chinese and I just thought the workers may not like Chinese (yes Australia is racist). So I went up to him and said G'day and enquires as to where he was from. I nearly fell over when he replied Bradford in the thickest Yorkshire twang I had heard since I left England.

3 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

You cannot tell. Many years ago in Australia, I worked as a precision machinist. A new guy started work in the workshop and it was such an <deleted> of a place he was never taken round and introduced to all the workers. By mid afternoon I was well aware no one had approached his machine to talk to him. He was Chinese and I just thought the workers may not like Chinese (yes Australia is racist). So I went up to him and said G'day and enquires as to where he was from. I nearly fell over when he replied Bradford in the thickest Yorkshire twang I had heard since I left England.

Was he a loudmouth?

Depends where I am. Out in the sticks, nobody. Lower Sukhumvit Bangkok, everybody. 

Indians are particularly pushy but so am I. 

Anyone with a permanent grimace on their face.

ANY drunk Thai.

Nigerians/West Africans. 

Unfortunately for all the cool English dudes, there are a shit ton of arrogant america haters that feel the need to tell you why they hate americans within the first 2 minutes of knowing them.  

Ladyboys. 

40 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

He was Chinese and I just thought the workers may not like Chinese (yes Australia is racist). So I went up to him and said G'day and enquires as to where he was from. I nearly fell over when he replied Bradford in the thickest Yorkshire twang I had heard since I left England.

Almost Benny Hill'esh comical.....It does always set one aback when someone opens their mouth and shatters our preconceived ideas.....

Unfortunately, it probably doesn't happen enough......

When I first moved here it surprised me that some "white" farangs didn't speak english....Lesson learned - repeatedly......Now I listen & observe better - or try to before I offer help or a remark.....

Edited by pgrahmm
Too many oooo's

2 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Most foreigners, especially English teachers, blokes wearing cargo shorts and sandals, and backpackers of course. 

I wear cargo shorts and flip flops and t-shirts all the time lol. I have good stuff but I'm not wearing that out and about in isaan with swamp-ass everyday. Plus my good stuff is from the states, dubai, etc... And Im not wearing that stuff and then hanging it out in the sun to get all faded over and over again.