Blood pressure

White Christmas13

So I had my blood pressure monitor for a number of years because of my high blood pressure

I checked every few days or so and it always has been near enough the figure the

doctor told me ( it went up to 150 or even more some times ) I take pills to keep it under

control for years never had any problems today I went to see my doctor for some

ointment for skin infection I have for a year now, yes no problem  got a few repeats

to carry on to fight my skin infection so the doctor never checked my blood pressure

well I wasn't worried because I do that at home every few days so while watching TV

(which was boring) I decided to check my blood pressure and wow I could not believe

what I have seen first I thought it was a mistake so I tested again a few times and

the reading was still the same between 110/85 and the lowest about 96/76 I guess

I have not changed my diet or drinking habits how can it drop so sudden shall I stop

taking my tablets for a few days? Anybody else had that problem before ?

This is not a problem, it is a normal BP.

What time of day and in what posture do you normally take your BP? It is to be expected that readings will be different at different times of the day, will also be different if you have been at rest vs moving about, lying down as opposed to sitting, etc etc

I suggest you resume doing the readings at your usual time and note the results for a week or two before considering a change in your medications. Also that you compare readings from your machine to another. Pharmacies usually will take your BP for free. Bring in your machine and take it on their machine and yours, 5 minutes apart.

If the BP stays consistently down and you get the same reading on other machines, then at your convenience you could discuss with your doctor a possible change in dosage. Do not just stop the meds.

Another idea.

Based on my own experience, read the instruction leaflets of your medication (if not available, google it).

i.e., I had my experience with xanacom which was prescribed for reducing the eyepressure in one eye. These eyedrops are extremly systemic. That means some ingredients of the medication go into your body with positive or mostly negative side effects. There may be side effects, but must not.

In your case, maybe one of your pills had the side effect to reduce the blood pressure. In your case a positive side effect. In my case, the awful side effects of these before mentioned eyedrops have been noticeable now, nearly 1 year after the first intake.

Edited by puck2