Baht depreciation expected

3 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Mocking precedes learning.  Get some sleep..don't worry about it..

anybody who claims that Gold has kept its value has still a lot to learn and that starting from the scratch including simple basic arithmetics. let's start today... repeat after me ''two plus two equals four''.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Naam said:

anybody who claims that Gold has kept its value has still a lot to learn and that starting from the scratch including simple basic arithmetics. let's start today... repeat after me ''two plus two equals four''.

A simple question for you: Can you guarantee the same worth of you dollar or pound for next year.

Only fools trust fiat currency.     You seem to be a victim of the grand illusion.

That which is limited and desirable will always be valuable.

Your scrap of paper with a dollar or pound written on it is another story.

I hope this is simple enough for you to grasp.

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

A simple question for you: Can you guarantee the same worth of you dollar or pound for next year.

Only fools trust fiat currency.     You seem to be a victim of the grand illusion.

yes Sir, you are simple enough to grasp.

45 minutes ago, Naam said:

yes Sir, you are simple enough to grasp.

Enough of this boring nonsense. 

If you are open for knowledge...Study the techniques of the Warren Buffets of this world.  Then you can tell him what he's doing wrong.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who uses the term "fiat currency" is just a bit over the deep end.  How do you pay your bills if not with "fiat currency?"  Money in itself is worthless except what you can purchase with it.  I don't invest in dollars or pounds, but I do use money to invest in things like real estate, stocks, etc.  If you think that investing in gold is better than investing in land or Apple stock, just say so.  But this harping on fiat currency is pointless. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who uses the term "fiat currency" is just a bit over the deep end.  How do you pay your bills if not with "fiat currency?"  Money in itself is worthless except what you can purchase with it.  I don't invest in dollars or pounds, but I do use money to invest in things like real estate, stocks, etc.  If you think that investing in gold is better than investing in land or Apple stock, just say so.  But this harping on fiat currency is pointless. 

You're quite right mate..I was trying to explain that gold has a value that doesn't

change.  I don't have gold.. I have a farm in the UK and renovate old houses with my son who is architect.. So I am always skint..and no-one understands me!

Edited by talahtnut
not changed

8 hours ago, jerry921 said:

I've never found arguing about gold with someone worth my time. It seems to have no effect. You can never convince a gold bug, they just sit there and look at you.

and are sore losers :smile:

On 3/15/2018 at 9:26 PM, talahtnut said:

I am not sure you understand the meaning of exchange value. 1 oz of gold exchange value against USD is currently around $1300+. What value are you wanting to assess gold other than compared to itself?

28 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I am not sure you understand the meaning of exchange value. 1 oz of gold exchange value against USD is currently around $1300+. What value are you wanting to assess gold other than compared to itself?

Demand makes the price.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:26 AM, talahtnut said:

Speaking for myself, no I can not. The remedy I've found that works best is to make more of those dollars against the possibility that each of them may become worth less.  I'm not particularly fond of this strategy but it is what works best for me in a global economy that I can't change one iota.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

6 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Demand makes the price.

:crazy: The answer to my "I am not sure...." appears to be a straight no.

Edited by SheungWan

41 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

:crazy: The answer to my "I am not sure...." appears to be a straight no.

Gold value is unchanged but price changes.

We all know you know the answers..So what motivates you to ask me silly questions?

I love this thread title (started Nov 2016).

The "depreciation" since then:

thb_usd.jpg

For the EUR it looks a bit less depressing.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Naam said:

rabugento1.gif

A brief example: In New York gold is approx $1300..on a dry desert island it is worth the same, but you would sell it for the price, of a bottle of water.   Price and worth?

And I would be laughing at you.

Edited by talahtnut
addition

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

A brief example: In New York gold is approx $1300..on a dry desert island it is worth the same, but you would sell it for the price, of a bottle of water.   Price and worth?

And I would be laughing at you.

Edited by Naam

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I love this thread title (started Nov 2016).

The "depreciation" since then:

thb_usd.jpg

For the EUR it looks a bit less depressing.

There is no more "conventional wisdom" than that of journalists and conventional wisdom in almost every case turns out to be wrong. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

There is no more "conventional wisdom" than that of journalists and conventional wisdom in almost every case turns out to be wrong. 

I second that - and that applies to economists too.

I should know, as I was a macro economics lecturer.

The world has become so unstable, anything can happen.

23 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I second that - and that applies to economists too.

I should know, as I was a macro economics lecturer.

The world has become so unstable, anything can happen.

I think economists established the original #MeToo movement.

• Haha 1