The week that was in Thailand news: Blimey! Bangkok braces for the Bulgarians.

rooster59

9 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Known as Greek Fire but It was a Byzantine invention, can we credit all Byzantine things to Bulgaria? If not then at least they did bring us the first real air dropped bombs, that is indisputable.

so a positive contribution to mankind then

On 11/27/2016 at 1:49 PM, roo860 said:

You didn't try very hard there, did you?  I am not sure if you are expressing genuine concern or if it was a cheap joke, but either way it is utterly disrespectful, I don't suppose you would say the same for a nationality like American despite their obviously very high levels of poverty resulting in beggars on every US street corner.  And by the way, the Bulgars were a tribe in the 7th Century, modern day Bulgarians are not necessarily descended from Bulgars, so please use Bulgarian when referring to the nationality, that is if you genuinely "mean no disrespect", thanks. 

He was exactly right, the bloody underground was full them, and camping out on a memorial site! He was being very truthful, nothing to do with disrespect.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

It always nice to get another viewpoint from someone. Its educating and humbling at the same time. 

On 11/27/2016 at 8:43 PM, Shawn0000 said:

I wasn't aware it was politically correct not to make bigoted generalizations about a nationality, I thought it was morally correct.

depends on whose moral yardstick you are using, PC carriers don't usually have one of their own it all depends on the flavour of the month, even Jesus didn't think much of the Philistines or indeed of any non Jew but he did have a thing for Cheese makers

54 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

depends on whose moral yardstick you are using, PC carriers don't usually have one of their own it all depends on the flavour of the month, even Jesus didn't think much of the Philistines or indeed of any non Jew but he did have a thing for Cheese makers

No, they were just misunderstanding the term PC which only concerns the use of terms that might cause offense, making offensive generalizations clearly falls outside of this.

"even Jesus didn't think much of the Philistines or indeed of any non Jew but he did have a thing for Cheese makers"

Sorry, what are you on about there?

4 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

No, they were just misunderstanding the term PC which only concerns the use of terms that might cause offense, making offensive generalizations clearly falls outside of this.

"even Jesus didn't think much of the Philistines or indeed of any non Jew but he did have a thing for Cheese makers"

Sorry, what are you on about there?

Blessed are the cheese makers ( you didn't see 'the life of Brian' ?)

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Blessed are the cheese makers ( you didn't see 'the life of Brian' ?)

Oh, I did actually, but what has Jesus got to do with it, and what has Jesus got to do with Jewish feelings characterized within the Old Testament, for that matter?  You appear to be all mixed up!

On 11/27/2016 at 4:19 PM, Shawn0000 said:

The fields were also full of hard working Romanians and many of the Gypsies were from Bulgaria.  But all is not as it seems with the Romany, the people you see on the ground begging, robbing, prostituting themselves and all the other associated problems are more often than not Sinti gypsies who are enslaved by rich Romany families, they really need to be helped but no one wants to as they think they are the problem whereas the real problem lie in mansions throughout Europe.

Nice to hear from someone who understands this stuff. Thanks.

On 11/28/2016 at 7:02 AM, soalbundy said:

what have the Bulgarians ever done for us

Well, they were part of the coalition of the willing. As were Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.

Coincidentally, this impressive collection of well heeled countries makes up a third of the countries in the visa waiver programme! 

13 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Oh, I did actually, but what has Jesus got to do with it, and what has Jesus got to do with Jewish feelings characterized within the Old Testament, for that matter?  You appear to be all mixed up!

well it's nearly Christmas. the world is too serious, relax a little