Woman who ‘admitted to royal fraud’ allowed bail

rooster59

Woman who ‘admitted to royal fraud’ allowed bail

By KESINEE TANGKHIEW 
THE SUNDAY NATION

0daddd574c63d80ef5e37d5f0dbe087d.jpeg

A WOMAN accused of fraud and pretending to be a royal descendant has been released on bail after being arrested for allegedly tricking people into paying Bt100,000 each to enter the Throne Hall and pay respects before the King’s Urn without having to queue.

Yesterday, police took suspect Anoyapat Sitheeraphon, 27, to the Criminal Court to seek permission for an initial period in custody. Anoyapat had already confessed to deceiving others to believe that she was a royal descendant and could offer them special seats at the Royal Funeral and get into the Throne Hall without queuing.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30300912

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-27

When me and my farang/thai family wanted to visit the Grand Palace there was a tout who said the palace was closed. He brought us to the longtailboats for a trip with discount, after that the palace would be open again he claimed.

We knew he was fake, reported him at the reception but they were not interested and even couldn't speak english...

So this Tomboy tried the same trick and even asked 100k baht, i would expect this to be punished to the max. but of course i'm wrong again.

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

When me and my farang/thai family wanted to visit the Grand Palace there was a tout who said the palace was closed. He brought us to the longtailboats for a trip with discount

Old trick...

Reminds me of something that happend on my first trip to LOS, got in a taxi and said Pat Pong, taxi driver say "Sorry Pat Pong closed,  today kings birthday me take you place that's open" ... by the way, this is in May. :cheesy:

Yes there are some ratbags that give Thailand a bad name.

1 hour ago, rodney earl said:

I wonder what happened to lese majeste in this case.

1 minute ago, nausea said:

Yeah, very weird - I thought they never granted bail on lese majeste, and it was one of the few offences you couldn't buy your way out of, a sort of Thai "core value" kind of thing.

That is the main problem with the law, lese majeste is in the eye of the enforcer

And so far I have not read that she was charged with lese majeste, only:

Later, police arrested Anoyapat on the allegations that she was an impostor involved in a fraud.