Where Can I Get Lamb/goat Meat In Chiang Mai

redbicycle

i buy lamb and mutton at macro. its frozen though but good enough for me. cause its a whole lot bloody cheaper compared to NZ stuff. look for the section where they have packed frozen meat. goat, crocodile, rabbit, lamb, wild boar, frog meat. all available.

i buy lamb and mutton at macro. its frozen though but good enough for me. cause its a whole lot bloody cheaper compared to NZ stuff. look for the section where they have packed frozen meat. goat, crocodile, rabbit, lamb, wild boar, frog meat. all available.

Thanks , how much does it cost?? As for its not difficult to get in chiang saen area and we rear live frog ourselves if i wanna eat just get it from my own pond .

Thanks , how much does it cost?? As for its not difficult to get in chiang saen area and we rear live frog ourselves if i wanna eat just get it from my own pond .

not sure of all prices but most of them 100 plus per pack. really not expensive.

not sure of all prices but most of them 100 plus per pack. really not expensive.

Thanks i will make atrip to makro today ?? Anyway are you a singaporean ?

I'm newish to CM so please excuse the question, but [/u]roughly where are Macro and Kasem's shop? Also does Macro require a membership card to shop there (as it does in England)?

I'll be looking in Rimping's.

Would like to locate a fairly regular source for goat's meat, preferably fresh but frozen would do.

I'm newish to CM so please excuse the question, but [/u]roughly where are Macro and Kasem's shop? Also does Macro require a membership card to shop there (as it does in England)?

Would like to locate a fairly regular source for goat's meat, preferably fresh but frozen would do.

OK

If you're looking for Kasem's, head down Thapae towards Thapae Gate, take the first corner (go right) past the Bangkok Bank (which is on your left) cross Changmoi and it's about 50 metres on your left. Parking is a real bitch. I believe that Kasem's have a 2nd store but I have never been there.

Makro is the opposite direction, take Charoen Muang to the superhighway (you will have to go left at the moment) and you will see Makro about 150 metres on your right.

I believe that you still need a Makro card to buy there (although my other half used to borrow one from the people immediately behind us in the queue at the checkout)

IMHO though the lamb bred in Thailand is a very distant meat than the NZ (or Australian) imported stuff albeit that it is frozen.

There is nothing wrong with frozen lamb. Just ask any Pom who grew up on the stuff.

There is just no comparison to NZ lamb followed by Australian lamb. :o

At the end of the day it is like most other things, you get what you pays for.

An example is the French oysters that are about which are selling for 100 baht a piece.

Edited by john b good

OK

If you're looking for Kasem's, head down Thapae towards Thapae Gate, take the first corner (go right) past the Bangkok Bank (which is on your left) cross Changmoi and it's about 50 metres on your left. Parking is a real bitch. I believe that Kasem's have a 2nd store but I have never been there.

Makro is the opposite direction, take Charoen Muang to the superhighway (you will have to go left at the moment) and you will see Makro about 150 metres on your right.

I believe that you still need a Makro card to buy there (although my other half used to borrow one from the people immediately behind us in the queue at the checkout)

IMHO though the lamb bred in Thailand is a very distant meat than the NZ (or Australian) imported stuff albeit that it is frozen.

There is nothing wrong with frozen lamb. Just ask any Pom who grew up on the stuff.

There is just no comparison to NZ lamb followed by Australian lamb. :o

At the end of the day it is like most other things, you get what you pays for.

An example is the French oysters that are about which are selling for 100 baht a piece.

Thanks - for the directions a nd the info.

• 1 year later...

You only need a card if you are a registered business, so you can claim back your vat, I think if you are not in business they just issue you a card to be used the one time but I know that anyone can use Macro