Retirement Visa Documents - Checklist

i'm helping someone do their retirement visa next wednesday and i'm just checking if i have all the documents together. i know about the 800,000 requirement; their pension is roughly 60,000 baht per month, so 720,000 per year. about 80,000 short of the 800,000. to make up for that, they have a 200,000 baht bank account. so...

- letter from embassy confirming annual pension of 720,000

- bank statement showing 200,000+

- photos

- photocopies of current visa, passport, etc.

that's all, i think? i'll also have them get a translation of the confirmation from the embassy (currently in english). does that document have to be registred at the ministry of foreign affairs (like when i got married, the translated documents needed to be registred ther) or is the english original good enough?

The income letter issued by the US Embassy which I used in September to obtain my retirement extension was in English, and no translation was required. (I haven't heard/read of anybody needing to get their income letter translated, either.)

They will also need the official letter from the bank manager, in addition to the photocopies of the bank passbook pages. And, bring the actual bank passbook in case they want to see that the current balance matches the letter & photocopied pages.

The income letter issued by the US Embassy which I used in September to obtain my retirement extension was in English, and no translation was required. (I haven't heard/read of anybody needing to get their income letter translated, either.)

They will also need the official letter from the bank manager, in addition to the photocopies of the bank passbook pages. And, bring the actual bank passbook in case they want to see that the current balance matches the letter & photocopied pages.

yeah, that's the bank statement i meant. the one you pay 300 baht for or whatever (could be less or more, i forgot) that shows the bank balance. thanks :o

i'm helping someone do their retirement visa next wednesday and i'm just checking if i have all the documents together. i know about the 800,000 requirement; their pension is roughly 60,000 baht per month, so 720,000 per year. about 80,000 short of the 800,000. to make up for that, they have a 200,000 baht bank account. so...

- letter from embassy confirming annual pension of 720,000

- bank statement showing 200,000+

- photos

- photocopies of current visa, passport, etc.

that's all, i think? i'll also have them get a translation of the confirmation from the embassy (currently in english). does that document have to be registred at the ministry of foreign affairs (like when i got married, the translated documents needed to be registred ther) or is the english original good enough?

Bring proof of the pension as well to Immigration.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

well, there's a letter from the government stating the pension. in addition, the embassy letter confirming that letter from the government. is that enough proof for immigration? i would think so... :o

or do they need to see the pension actually coming into thailand each month as well?

Edited by rainman

That should be fine. They just want documentation as you provided your Embassy or in the case of not providing your Embassy documentation the paperwork to back up your statement of income.

okie. sounds good. will let you all know how it went tomorrow afternoon :o

When I renewed my retirement visa at Nong Khai in early October they definitely wanted copies of my wife's tabien baan. They also checked the address against my 90 day slips in my folder. I have lived there nearly four years.

They also kept the pension letter and said I must get a new one next year.

will be going to immigration tomorrow. had to get some additional letters from the embassy today. do you think its a problem if the bank letter states LESS than the actual account balance tomorrow? reason i'm asking is because after getting the letter from the bank, they had a wire transfer of about 60,000 baht come in, so the actual book balance shows 60,000 more than what the bank wrote on the letter. time for a new letter or not?

The applicant must provide three (3) copies of their certificate of health issued not more than three months earlier.

You did not mention the above requirement on your list. Guess you know, but .......

good luck

Nikhom

The is no longer a requirement for health certificate.

The bank letter should agree. If the total was met by Embassy letter it would probably not be questioned and perhaps will not be even now. But it could be so be prepared for an extra trip to get a new letter if it is.

You should have photo copies of bank passbook as well as the original to show.

List would be:

Passport/arrival card and copies of relevant pages.

Bank letter of account balance.

Embassy letter of pension. Copy for submission if they will accept.

Proof of Embassy letter amount of pension. No set requirement for this but pension/pay slip or tax record should be good.

4x6cm photo taken within 6 months.

TM.7 form (can be download printed back/back on one A4 paper or filled out in office).

1,900 baht fee for file of TM.7

Optional photo/passport copies for re entry permit. 1,000 single entry or 3,800 baht multi entry.