visa exemption stay for 48 days

I'm from the UK, currently in Moscow where I just found out they don't issue tourist visas for Thailand for people on a tourist visa in Russia. 

I have a flight to Bangkok on the 7th Dec and would like to stay until the 24th Jan which is longer than 30 days so I plan to get an extension at immigration in Chiang Mai.  In August I arrived in Thailand from the UK with an onward ticket that departed within 30 days but was never asked for it at immigration.  Is it a risk to arrive without an onward ticket that departs within 30 days? Could I book one at immigration if necessary?

Hi Damole,

Go to thai airways, airasia or any website that allows you to do bookings online without actually having to pay for it (but don't use the website of the airline for your departure flight)- 'book' yourself a flight from Chiangmai to, say, Seoul, Korea (or back to your place of permanent residence) for within the 30 day timeframe. If you do get asked for an itinerary, then you'll have one on hand without worry. Save it to your phone as a screenshot or as a pdf file.

The airline will 9 out of 10 ask you if you have a return ticket, it'll be good to show them a return ticket otherwise they won't let you board the flight - just show them the above itinerary you've booked and you'll be sweet - I usually do it this way with Thaiairways (they let you book, receive the itinerary, and have 72 hours to go and pay for it at their HQ) so that I'm able to have time to look for good prices nearer to do the date I actually want to go.

Hope that helps.

Where did the 9 / 10 come from?  Is that your personal knowledge of Moscow airport? It is not clear whether the OP will fly out of Moscow or UK but your information could well be misleading.  The Op himself and quite a few on here (myslef included) have reported as not being asked for an outward ticket at Heathrow.

9 hours ago, rogeroc said:

It is not clear whether the OP will fly out of Moscow or UK

Well he said he's from UK but in Moscow and tried to get a tourist visa in Moscow for Thailand, so it seems pretty clear he's flying from Moscow.

I'm from the UK, currently in Moscow