Lawsuit filed in Chile against Israeli justices for wall

webfact

6 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from source ;

"Examples of universal jurisdiction cases include: an extradition request by a Spanish Court seeking to try former Chilean President Augusto Pinochet for crimes such as torture, murder, illegal detention, and forced disappearances (1998); the prosecution and conviction of two Rwandan nuns, Sister Maria Kisito and Sister Gertrude, by a court in Belgium for war crimes committed during the 1994 Rwandan genocide (2001); the prosecution and conviction of Nikola Jorgic, a former leader of a paramilitary Serb group, and Novislav Djajic, a Serbian soldier, by German courts for acts of genocide committed in Bosnia and Herzegovina (1997); and the investigation and indictment of former president of Chad Hissène Habré by a Belgium court for crimes against humanity, torture, war crimes and other human rights violations committed during his presidency in Chad (2005)."

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, thank you for making two of my previous points, regarding irrational hatred and the lawsuit being a publicity stunt.

Most people could spot the difference between the crimes of the individuals appearing in your own link, and the allegations specified in the lawsuit mentioned in the OP

Edited by Morch

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I fear that you are leading me into a trap because I know that you are more clever than that, however I will take the bait...

UG did not imply 'irrational hatred' - he expressly stated it. My assessment was, based on the previous posts he has made that I have read,  that anti-semitism was at the root of the lawsuit. As I said earlier, if I am wrong, I will be happy to admit it.

You are wrong. Not all of the hatred against Israel is anti-Semitism. There is are also misguided leftists who root for the "underdog" no matter what.

Edited by Ulysses G.

You are wrong. Not all of the hatred against Israel is anti-Semitism. There is are also misguided leftists who root for the "underdog" no matter what.
That's correct. Not all. But plenty is and it comes from the left and right. It usually easy enough to tell based on the rhetoric.

22 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Chile has more than 300,000 residents of Palestinian descent, making it home to the largest Palestinian diaspora outside the Arab world.

And now we know who is pushing this. I doubt actual Chileans care.

Don't be too sure about that.

Support for Palestinians is showing up all over the world even in the most unlikely places.

Just ask the Celtic FC fans.Celtic FC fans .jpg