September 3 - Italy (Monza)
September 17 - Singapore (Singapore)
October 1 - Malaysia (Sepang)
October 8 - Japan (Suzuka)
October 22 - USA (Austin)
October 29 - Mexico (Mexico City)
November 12 - Brazil (Sao Paulo)
November 26 - Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi)

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/11/f1-fia-confirms-2017-calendar.html

Well Toto's phone must be red hot now...

I was of the understanding Rosberg was contracted until 2018, so will other driver be able to break their contracts???

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/235509/1/vote-who-should-replace-rosberg-at-mercedes-in-2017.html

Seems early votes go to Fernando... with Jenson, Max and Pascal joint second.

Lewis and Fernado... that should make 2017 very interesting.:clap2:

Somehow I think this evenings championship presentation may be overshadowed bytalk of just who Toto, Nikki & Paddy may be seen with. 

Edited by Basil B

Nico's stats by F1

In a way I understand what he wanted to accomplish. It's that hard to become a Finn.

Nico's retirement must be the coolest thing any driver has done in F1 for years.

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, oilinki said:

So who is going to be the replacement for the champion seat?

Thinking hard Max would be probably be the best for Mercedes, but Max is contracted to Red Bull and would Max want to jump? Mercedes was the best car this season but there are changes for next year will Mercedes still be the best , silly thing to switch teams only to find the team you jumped from comes up with a better car.

Max is a young driver who is showing promise, he probably will go on to be world champion but that's a few years down the road, certainly could learn a lot from Lewis and for the next couple of seasons may well accept being the no 2 driver at Mercedes.

Max would be an exiting new driver for Mercedes. Then again, he would be exactly the same as when Hamilton became the second driver to then still young Alonso. 

If this happens and if the Mercedes is still the top team in 2017, there will be sparks for us to see. :)

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

This is the reason why I don't like Hamilton.

It's all about Lewis, according to Lewis.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127372/hamilton-not-surprised-by-rosberg-retirement

As much as you hate Lewis, had Lewis not had those engine failures he was likely to have won the championship by more than 50 points.

Rosberg knows there is little chance of beating Lewis next year, he probably thought hard about it, he knows the danger of the sport and decided he loves his wife and daughter more than F1.   

How about Vettel?
One thing the F1 FB pages comments are saying is how up set the Rosberg fans are that he isn't defending his title.
I think it's put to bed any talk of action by Wolfe against Lewis, in fact I'd be asking for my engineers back.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Maybe shook Nico News, but nice to see a driver go out on top, so very few have over the years, he has done what he set out to do be a world champion.

I am sure there are many drivers that would fit into being No 2 driver for  Mercedes, but is that what  Mercedes would look for ? I'm sure Lewis would be very happy to have a No 2 driver as his partner..

As for name floating about Alonso or  Vettel can't see them wanting or settling for a No 2 seat.. both looking for another shot of a world championship before they retire.

Max Verstappen that would be sparks, there is NO No 2 in his mind he would not think twice of slipping by Lewis every race. 2017 will be different cars, so will Mercedes still be No 1 car ?

What does Mercedes want???

A one-two every race, but they do not want their driver battling each other on the track.

Maybe Daniel...

Or maybe Toto has offered RB Racing a trade   ...Lewis for Max & Dan.:tongue:

Edited by Basil B

Bwoah.. now even Ferrari is making fun about Kimi's way to start a thought. :) 

I can't watch him seriously, when he starts to talk next time

10 hours ago, Mosha said:

Wolff has decided to to punish Lewis, probably because he'd have looked a right prat after Nico quit.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Toto got out the tickling stick??? have not read of any punishment.

Fortunately for Toto, Lewis has another two years to run on his contract, even so he could put the wind up Toto by letting it be known he was not happy and and was open to offers  for 2019.