Kuwaiti arrested for credit card fraud in Pattaya

webfact

Kuwaiti arrested for credit card fraud in Pattaya

By Albert Jack -

cardfraud1.jpg?fit=1606,987 The suspect (Right)

PATTAYA: -- On November 30 Pattaya police arrested a twenty-three year old Kuwaiti national after reports of a bank card theft.

Mr Mohammad Haha Almuwail was detained at the We Sea Hotel in Pratumnak Hill after forty-six year old American businessman Mr Mohamed Said Murshed reported that his bank card was missing and was being used in Pattaya.

After checking with the bank officers discovered that the missing card had been used in a Pattaya department store to buy items to the value of 64,000 baht.

Investigators reviewed CCTV footage and were able to identify the suspect before arresting him at his hotel.

The suspect denied stealing the bank card and claimed he had found it at a restaurant in the shopping mall.

He has been detained and charged with theft.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/kuwaiti-arrested-credit-card-fraud-pattaya/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-12-02

Ohhh, ok! So he "FOUND" the card that doesn't belong to him! I see. So is perfectlly fine to use it then, right??? He's a dummy, prosecute his ass! Thailand needs to curb corruption that goes on especially in tourist dense areas so that it is truly touist friendly!

Well when you find something you try to hand it back to the most appropriate place where the owner can find it,but when you use and abuse it then you need to be taken in and screwed by all other criminals . Good luck and enjoy the experience U Stupid Idiot?

1 hour ago, DKHawaii said:

Ohhh, ok! So he "FOUND" the card that doesn't belong to him! I see. So is perfectlly fine to use it then, right??? He's a dummy, prosecute his ass! Thailand needs to curb corruption that goes on especially in tourist dense areas so that it is truly touist friendly!

I have yet to experience an arab admitting to anything whatsoever, no matter if they are caught red handed.

It's never their fault, by definition.

Would the store not require some identification like a passport or driving license or ID card before accepting the card for 64,000 baht worth of goods .It should not normally be possible to 'find ' a card and walk into the nearest store and spend 64000 baht without proof of ownership.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, jippytum said:

Would the store not require some identification like a passport or driving license or ID card before accepting the card for 64,000 baht worth of goods .It should not normally be possible to 'find ' a card and walk into the nearest store and spend 64000 baht without proof of ownership.

Require?  Probably yes on paper in the fine print of the store's policy.  But in general they don't check.  but 64,000 is well over 1,000 USD.  Amounts over 1,000 USD are rarely possible to do with a debit card, especially a US Debit card.  Without the PIN how does one use it?  I don't use my debit card for purchases often because here in the USA I get points for using my credit card, but when I do use the Debit card I need to use my Pin.  Do they maybe use an old fashioned receipt over there and the person just signs it instead of entering a PIN

On 12/1/2016 at 1:48 PM, Thaiwrath said:

He said he found the card in a restaurant, then used it to buy goods in a Department store, that, my friend, is illegal, never mind how you got the card. 

Yeah.  Stealing a card could be nothing more than a nuisance.  It is when somebody uses the card that things get serious.  This story is so common today as people rationalize the things they do.

On 02/12/2016 at 7:45 AM, DKHawaii said:

He has been detained and charged with theft (English for "prosecute his ass!") so how do you come to the conclusion that corruption is involved in this case?

On 04/12/2016 at 5:13 PM, gk10002000 said:

Require?  Probably yes on paper in the fine print of the store's policy.  But in general they don't check.  but 64,000 is well over 1,000 USD.  Amounts over 1,000 USD are rarely possible to do with a debit card, especially a US Debit card.  Without the PIN how does one use it?  I don't use my debit card for purchases often because here in the USA I get points for using my credit card, but when I do use the Debit card I need to use my Pin.  Do they maybe use an old fashioned receipt over there and the person just signs it instead of entering a PIN

It was a credit card, not a debit card, but not all debit cards need a PIN anyway, my Bangkok Bank debit card does not need one, just a signature after swiping.