Are The Next Two Mondays Dry Days?

scottiejohn

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The OP could do with some short, sharp attitude re-adjustment!

No. I do not.  I think the attitude adjustment need redirecting in your own direction.

The OP is only asking for a definitive answer, if available.

I know that such an answer may not be available, but the question, and appropriate answers, if available are all that are required.

Inappropriate, snide and ill-informed comments such as yours are not welcome or help anyone trying to find the (possible/impossible!) answer

Lets get back to an answer, if there is one.

I will ask the forum again (I do not have inroads to the chief of police!) does anyone have any accurate! response

The accurate response is to ask a bar owner in the area where you may want to imbibie if they will be open on 5 Dec-  The norm is that the police station that controls the area will have already notified the bar owner to either close or not. It is different in each jurisdiction. Mom and Pop will have alcohol available for off premises drinking. Normally, hotels ar exempt except certain times they get the word of no alcohol.  This is the best answer you will get.

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

That would make sense normally but this is Thailand! 

It was Immigration at the Airport that told me they were going to be closed that day (12 Dec).

" That would make sense normally but this is Thailand!  "

It isn't commemorating the existence of a constitution at the moment, but the transition to a constitutional monarchy  and the establishment of the first constitution.

What I love is people who make Thai bashing comments that demonstrate their ignorance, referring to something making sense "normally."  What would be the basis for normally canceling a holiday without reason?

No. I do not.  I think the attitude adjustment need redirecting in your own direction.

The OP is only asking for a definitive answer, if available.

I know that such an answer may not be available, but the question, and appropriate answers, if available are all that are required.

Inappropriate, snide and ill-informed comments such as yours are not welcome or help anyone trying to find the (possible/impossible!) answer

Lets get back to an answer, if there is one.

I will ask the forum again (I do not have inroads to the chief of police!) does anyone have any accurate! response

This is a discussion forum not your personal question board. You'll find you can avoid "snide" comments by adopting a better attitude yourself. It's called "netiquette".

This thread has completely derailed.

The OP asked a legitimate question and got a few constructive answers.

The rest is the usual "you have an alcohol problem" chatter.

Any further off topic, nonsense and moral lecture posts will be deleted.

Answers to the OPs question preferably with proof/source.

All else will go to the bin.

1 hour ago, malt25 said:

"Does anyone know (for sure!) if either, neither or both the next two Monday holidays (5&12 Dec) are 'Dry Days'?"

Maybe at licensed facilities, but I'll bet most, if not all, mum & pop shops will happily oblige.  

And, I'd go so far as to say that if you took your own beer or wine to a dry restaurant they'd most probably have no objections to you drinking it.

But hey, just my opinion.

Two Kings birthdays ago, we were at an Air Traffic Controllers club (may have been quasi govt not sure). We were having dinner, me and three Thai friends. The staff could not sell us alcohol, but had no objection to our opening a bottle of Strawberry wine we had bought that day on a tour of the countryside, apart from the wine being disgusting, and two of our table guests also being government employees, it was all very 'sabai'.

32 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The accurate response is to ask a bar owner in the area where you may want to imbibie if they will be open on 5 Dec-  The norm is that the police station that controls the area will have already notified the bar owner to either close or not. It is different in each jurisdiction. Mom and Pop will have alcohol available for off premises drinking. Normally, hotels ar exempt except certain times they get the word of no alcohol.  This is the best answer you will get.

You have not read the previous posts I have made.

I have asked local bars in my area and conflicting advice as usual is forthcoming.

Yet another answer that does not answer the question!

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

I have asked local bars in my area and conflicting advice as usual is forthcoming.

No surprise.

Even in Pattaya bar/gogo operators often don't know exactly until a day before.

Just now, scottiejohn said:

You have not read the previous posts I have made.

Yet another answer that does not answer the question!

They did take the time to respond, they're not winding you up, so perhaps a little courtesy in order?

You would not say that to their faces, would you?