90 day report away from home province?

My question is most likely contradictory due to address registration etc. but here goes. Traveling to a Northeast province in Thailand on 15 December. A family member from Europe have fallen in love with this place (no, the place ) and rent a relatively big house there for a month and four family members from Europe will spend a month there and my Thai wife and I are invited as both guests and guides to spend the holiday with them. 

I have next 90 day report 5. January 2017 ( I hold a visa extension based on retirement) Will I have to be back in "home province" for that report or could I do it at the Immigration office in the "visiting" province without change my main address in Thailand?

Thanks

Felt.

The first day to try online reporting is Dec 22.

If you don't get through then next day send it via postal mail.

Do it via EMS and store the slip carefully.

Prepare the photocopies, TM47 and (return) envelopes before you leave home.

Last day to report in person at your office is Jan 11th.

5 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Hmm.....getting old, did not actually think about the online option, but then again maybe because there was some problems with that last time I tried. Was it not something about a specific browser or OS?

Felt.

Easiest to use Internet Explorer (IE) browser for which the site was developed, but people have been successful using other browsers with an IE extension (emulates IE capabilities).  Not the easiest thing to use, but works for many people.  There will be a complaint early on that the site security certificate is not secure, but that is "normal" and so you can proceed ahead disregarding that warning ;-)  You also need to accept the terms of use (click on box at bottom of terms).  When you finally reach the online application form you should always prefer using drop-down lists (magnifying glass icon present on certain fields) or the calendar icon rather than trying to type your information in yourself.  Using the site requires a bit of patience.  For the inpatient there's always the mail-in option.

There are certain people for whom the online application does not work through no fault of their own (apparently has to do with a lack of correct or up-to-date data in their immigration database records used by the application which is, of course, out of their control), but for many others it does work and is wonderful when it does so.

As mentioned above, there is a window during which you can try to use the online system.  That window is 15 days to 7 days before your 90-day report would be due.  Trying to use the system outside that window will not work.  If you try to use it early on in that window and are unsuccessful it allows you the opportunity to use the mail-in option.

Filling the online form is a form of art :tongue:

Maybe this checklist is of use for you:

I can't use online anymore since I got a new passport in the meantime :dry:

Via postal mail:

My last report via postal mail was "not found" at the office although it had been clearly delivered via EMS. That's why you need to keep an eye on the slip and check tracking status.

Return mail can easily last two weeks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Return mail can easily last two weeks.

Not if you put 40 baht worth of stamps on the return envelope. Been doing it for over a year now that way.

Last report was sent on Monday, received on Tuesday, processed and mailed on Wednesday and got the EMS back on Thursday.

On 12/3/2016 at 9:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can only do the 90 day report to the office where you got your extension.

You could do your report by mail or online.

Are you sure Joe, not that I should question you. I did last year's extension in Jomtien on 16th December. Moved up to Photsanulok on 2nd January this year and have been doing 90 day reports here ever since.

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Are you sure Joe, not that I should question you. I did last year's extension in Jomtien on 16th December. Moved up to Photsanulok on 2nd January this year and have been doing 90 day reports here ever since.

You moved and changed your address at your new immigration office. The OP is not moving permanently to a new address.

You can only report at a different immigration office if you formally change your address.

On 12/4/2016 at 2:33 PM, ubonjoe said:

You moved and changed your address at your new immigration office. The OP is not moving permanently to a new address.

You can only report at a different immigration office if you formally change your address.

Thanks as usual Joe