First the pier - now soldiers intend to clear up Beach Road in Pattaya

rooster59

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Right on ! and when are they going to go up the side streets like Soi 13/4 and get rid of the structures that COMPLETELY obstruct the sidewalk ?

Certain sois in Pattaya are still privately owned and can generally be spotted by the poor state of the road surface and the penchant for businesses along these roads to stake out their claim on the sidewalk and up to half-way across the soi. I understand that Chaiyapoom is one and these and all the sois from 13/1 (Yamato) through 13/4 and a half (Pattayaland 3). There was a horse trade with City Hall several years ago where some degree of 'control' was signed over to City Hall which enabled garbage collection but when it comes to flash floods and the turds that accompany them on Soi 13/2 (Soi Post office), the city management don't want to know.

Back on topic. I think it is safe to say that at least once a year for the past dozen years or so, the city management and police made a push to clear the motorbike rentals off Beach and reduce their presence at (for example) the Pizza Hut corner. No effort has ever been sustained and after a few weeks the bikes are back. This is the first time the Army has stated they are making plans to address the issue. Considering that since the expiration of the tenure of the previously 'elected' city management about 6 months ago, Pattaya City Hall has been managed by officials directly appointed by the current army regime in Bangkok. Somehow I don't think that this will more of the same this time.

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Certain sois in Pattaya are still privately owned and can generally be spotted by the poor state of the road surface and the penchant for businesses along these roads to stake out their claim on the sidewalk and up to half-way across the soi. I understand that Chaiyapoom is one and these and all the sois from 13/1 (Yamato) through 13/4 and a half (Pattayaland 3). There was a horse trade with City Hall several years ago where some degree of 'control' was signed over to City Hall which enabled garbage collection but when it comes to flash floods and the turds that accompany them on Soi 13/2 (Soi Post office), the city management don't want to know.

If the soi has a number I doubt very much it is still private.

Chaiyapoom might be a privare soi, but I don't think any of the sois between second and beach road are private, and for sure no government agency like the post office would open on a soi with private access.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Wait? You mean I should wait here in Pattaya? In God's waiting room?

God's waiting room. :cheesy: 

Hardly elderly people trying to enhance their spiritual lives. I could say a lot more about this but frankly I find it very sad and pitiful that one's final days on earth could be in the Pink Pussy bar with Noi from Buriram.

8 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

If the soi has a number I doubt very much it is still private.

Chaiyapoom might be a privare soi, but I don't think any of the sois between second and beach road are private, and for sure no government agency like the post office would open on a soi with private access.

As I said Anthony, it was part of the 'horse trade', garbage collection was provided in lieu of public access among other things. Talk to some property owners on Soi Post Office about it (not Thailand Post) and they will probably agree that they got the arse-end of the horse.

6 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Hardly elderly people trying to enhance their spiritual lives. I could say a lot more about this but frankly I find it very sad and pitiful that one's final days on earth could be in the Pink Pussy bar with Noi from Buriram.

Yes, I truly believe you could and be going off topic.

Again.

The biggy for the army, I guess, will be resolving the sewerage and drains issues so that beaches along the coast are clean and fit to swim in safely. Pattaya's dirty beaches and water are well known back home - whether clean, safe beaches in Pattaya can win out over Thailand's exotic islands in attracting tourists is a moot point, but at least it would be a big start.

42 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

The biggy for the army, I guess, will be resolving the sewerage and drains issues so that beaches along the coast are clean and fit to swim in safely. Pattaya's dirty beaches and water are well known back home - whether clean, safe beaches in Pattaya can win out over Thailand's exotic islands in attracting tourists is a moot point, but at least it would be a big start.

The water may be dirty but Pattaya Beach is pretty clean.

P_20161121_174649_1_p.jpg

P_20161121_174625_1_p.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:23 AM, volsfan said:

Later the cops will be hanging out on beach road pulling over every blue bike and then ticketing people because the color on the bike does not match the color on the owners book.

You do not have to produce ''The Owners Book''

Only License, Tax and a Helmet...

7 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

You do not have to produce ''The Owners Book''

Only License, Tax and a Helmet...

Sorry, mate, but that's not altogether true -- depends on the cop. I have been asked to show the owner's book, a few times, but I admit it's rare. I keep a copy of it on my phone, and if asked, I show that -- seems to work. Cheers. 

41 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Sorry, mate, but that's not altogether true -- depends on the cop. I have been asked to show the owner's book, a few times, but I admit it's rare. I keep a copy of it on my phone, and if asked, I show that -- seems to work. Cheers. 

correct, you need to keep a copy of the green book or original and show it when asked, 400baht fine if you are unable, it is on the list of offences in the Pattaya police station, I got caught out with this one and on my way to the police station I dropped by my home and took the green book with me and the fine was scrubbed

On 03/12/2016 at 9:34 PM, mcfish said:

And not only will they have to repaint they will be forced to move to off the the road parking to specific areas. I don't get it what's the downside?

If they could rid sukhumvit of the 1000s of stalls squatting there and samet and cosy beach and Bali hi then why would you think this ain't gonna happen?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

The downside in Sukhumvit is the loss, of livelihood for 1000s of people and the creation of a bleak wasteland of characterless pavements in a once charming and energetic area. Lower sukhumvit is unbearable now. As for the consequences of interference in peoples lives in Pattaya it will not be good. The beach is crap now all the deckchairs have gone.  

17 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Not sad-glorious! 

On 12/4/2016 at 1:25 PM, daveAustin said:

Ban ladyboys, hos and wife-beater wearing farang. Job done, 'cept there'd be nobody there anymore. :tongue:

Why ban wife beater wearing Farang? It's the shirtless ignoramuses that should be banned.:post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by possum1931
Added emotican.

The downside in Sukhumvit is the loss, of livelihood for 1000s of people and the creation of a bleak wasteland of characterless pavements in a once charming and energetic area. Lower sukhumvit is unbearable now. As for the consequences of interference in peoples lives in Pattaya it will not be good. The beach is crap now all the deckchairs have gone.  

Deck chairs from where?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

On 05/12/2016 at 8:24 PM, The manic said:

Every day now deckchairs gone or only Wednesdays ??

Drove along Beach Road yesterday pm.......the usual hoards of motor bikes parked there with..."For Rent"....signs....written on scraps of cardboard.......

These people have no regard for anybody.....including the Army

Maybe they would take more notice if the Army drove a "Tank" along the road next to the pavement....(sidewalk....to our American friends)

Edited by DD13

2 hours ago, DD13 said:

Drove along Beach Road yesterday pm.......the usual hoards of motor bikes parked there with..."For Rent"....signs....written on scraps of cardboard.......

No such rules are applied in one night ! :wink:

Renters have to receive the official notice (some did already)

but mainly Pattaya City has to paint the "authorized areas"...

On 12/3/2016 at 9:40 PM, Brer Fox said:

The police can't do their job. They are nothing more than 9 -5 monthly envelope collectors. Someone has to do it so the Army steps in. The move is coming . Soon the police will be redundant and maybe in time will end up polishing the boots of the soldiers.

You do not make 270,000 armed men redundant, even if you have a bloody army behind you . Get real. Why do you think they have never ever been held to account.

Ants do not rape elephants.

On 12/3/2016 at 9:40 PM, Brer Fox said:

The police can't do their job. They are nothing more than 9 -5 monthly envelope collectors. Someone has to do it so the Army steps in. The move is coming . Soon the police will be redundant and maybe in time will end up polishing the boots of the soldiers.

The police is occupied at dongtan beach collecting money from the fruit vendors and looking at farang using the bathrooms. It's 4 polis on watch outside the bathroom from 9-5

every day. So they have no time take care of business inside Pattaya that needs to be done

On 08/12/2016 at 7:23 AM, DD13 said:

These people have no regard for anybody.....including the Army

Maybe they would take more notice if the Army drove a "Tank" along the road next to the pavement....(sidewalk....to our American friends)

The army are supposed to be servants and protectors of the their people not their oppressors! That they are held in low regards reflects their status as hijackers of power. it also reflects well on the Thai people that they hold their micro management and interference with low regard.

On 12/8/2016 at 10:07 AM, Pattaya46 said:

No such rules are applied in one night ! :wink:

Renters have to receive the official notice (some did already)

but mainly Pattaya City has to paint the "authorized areas"...

completely by chance i came across official notices being handed out dec 1st, beach rd....................

dec 1 001 (Custom).JPG