TrueVisions to lose BBC Entertainment package

maddermax

4 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Bbc 1/2/4 cebbebies/news

Itv 1/2/3/4

Ch 4/5

Sky 1/atlantic/news/ movies (comedy/premier/greats/A&a/crime/drama. Sports 1234/F1 HD

BT sports 123

TSN 12345

Euro sport 12

Ben sport 11/12/13

Santana ta sport

At the races Racing uk

Nikelodian

Disney chanel nick Jr uk Disney Jr uk

Cartoon network

Mtv hits

Abc news can international fox news bloom berg Al jazerra

Box nation

Nfl network super rtl

Mio stadium 1 to 10

Discover chanel /

history/science  uk/

Nat geographic / wild uk

Animal planet history chanel food network

Film 4 

E4

Yesterday

Drama uk

Cbs action

Gold uk

Australia plus

Dave

German chanels I won't list 

French chanels I won't list

Pretty sure I've included all (may have missed a couple of sport chanels.

no HBO?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bbc 1/2/4 cebbebies/news
Itv 1/2/3/4
Ch 4/5
Sky 1/atlantic/news/ movies (comedy/premier/greats/A&a/crime/drama. Sports 1234/F1 HD
BT sports 123
TSN 12345
Euro sport 12
Ben sport 11/12/13
Santana ta sport
At the races Racing uk
Nikelodian
Cartoon network
Mtv hits
Box nation
Nfl network super rtl
Mio stadium 1 to 10
Discover chanel /
history/science  uk/
Nat geographic / wild uk
Film 4 
E4
Yesterday
Drama uk
Cbs action
Gold uk
Australia plus
Dave

Unfortunately, while CBBC is there, CBeebies, while advertised, isn't! Of course this is only of interest to those with 1-3 year old kids, but when True discontinued it, it was one of my main reasons for moving to Pulse.

Fortunately, my contact at Pulse has promised to look into getting it back!

16 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Bbc 1/2/4 cebbebies/news

Itv 1/2/3/4

Ch 4/5

BT sports 123

TSN 12345

Euro sport 12

Ben sport 11/12/13

Santana ta sport

At the races Racing uk

Nikelodian

Cartoon network

Mtv hits

Box nation

Nfl network super rtl

Mio stadium 1 to 10

Discover chanel /

history/science  uk/

Nat geographic / wild uk

Film 4 

E4

Yesterday

Drama uk

Cbs action

Gold uk

Australia plus

Dave

one last thing are the channels all HD?  example CNN is HD?  I sort of assume they are but thought to ask...  cheers

18 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Looking at Pulse TV (pulse-tv.net) web site prices seem two or three times others. And it only runs off an Android device? What's the benefit I wonder?

I'm getting buffer free FHD and EPG straight thro to a SmartTV (m3u playlist) with no device attached from other providers.

well I have done lots research and only Pulse have the variety of programs including all the BBC, Sky, ITV that I wanted. I have gone for the premier package with upgraded box (12,000) they have not put that on the web site as an option yet as it's a new offer.  Goodbye True and good riddance!  

well I have done lots research and only Pulse have the variety of programs including all the BBC, Sky, ITV that I wanted. I have gone for the premier package with upgraded box (12,000) they have not put that on the web site as an option yet as it's a new offer.  Goodbye True and good riddance!  

What extras do you get on the premier package please

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

23 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Hmmm. I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't offered the improved box. Despite upgrading my True internet to 50/20 mbps I'm still having buffering issues.

It has to be your Internet sorry to say contact them you might still get the new box tell them your problems see what they say. 

1 hour ago, whiteman said:

thank you for the info here re the 12k better box deep in Thai.

I always believe you get what you pay for except with true tv which I have never had in my 13 years here in Thailand :post-4641-1156693976:

actually it was i who mentioned the better box but mai pen rai  lol 

3 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Sorry to jump in nothing extra on chanels it's just a new upgraded android box

A-hem... Didn't I say that the post before this?  in response to the question?  anyway I have ordered the improved box which is a NEW addition and only listed separately on their website not part of a package (to be offered as a package soon @12,000). 

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

According to Pulse, the new box is only of benefit to people without good wifi or a big distance between the router and the Pulse box. If you have decent wifi/ethernet the original box is fine.

yes but for 2,000 extra why not get the newest box available?  personally I have 70mg download but still think if the dual WiFi box with faster processor helps it's worth the 40 quid

BTW what's the on-going annual cost after we pay the first year which includes box?

yes but for 2,000 extra why not get the newest box available?  personally I have 70mg download but still think if the dual WiFi box with faster processor helps it's worth the 40 quid

BTW what's the on-going annual cost after we pay the first year which includes box?

That would depend on what box the so called better box actually is. What model is it? What are the specs? It may be good value as part of the overall package or it may not be. There is insufficient information to know.

Seems year on year charges are still 10000 but you don't get a box after the first time. I think when ours runs out I'll get the mrs to subscribe therefore getting another box. As for the updated box any one know what name is it and model number to see if it's worth it. I have a better box spec wise than the one provided but to be really honest there is no noticeable diffrence in picture or stability. 

56 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

That would depend on what box the so called better box actually is. What model is it? What are the specs? It may be good value as part of the overall package or it may not be. There is insufficient information to know.

pls open an account and all the details are there.. not on the public page but once you 'join'

hope this helps   :smile:

So, the "better" box appears to be a Minix box of some description but the description is still very vague. They appear to be charging 6,500 baht for only the box - without any sub. Even if this is the top Minix model (Neo U1) this is significantly more expensive than other sources.

Some time ago i downgraded from Platinum ,to gold , have now cancelled gold ,to be blunt its a waste of money , just repeat after repeat , much better to download all the latest stuff to a usb and watch it free on your tv ,its so simple .

Buy a cheap Android box install Mobdro app, connect to router

with RJ45 cable and to Tv with HDMI cable, loads of channels

for free, all the HBO 's, that TRUE stopped, BBC,ITV, Loads U.S.A.

channels, sports,etc. like i said for free.you can add many more apps.

When streaming to Tv, I find it best to connect to router with cable

than using WiFi,less or no buffering.

regards worgeordie

On 1/30/2017 at 7:41 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Seems year on year charges are still 10000 but you don't get a box after the first time. I think when ours runs out I'll get the mrs to subscribe therefore getting another box. As for the updated box any one know what name is it and model number to see if it's worth it. I have a better box spec wise than the one provided but to be really honest there is no noticeable diffrence in picture or stability. 

that doesn't seem 'right'?  so the box stays the same for 10 years while new subscribers get a better box as time goes by?   that's a very odd way of doing it and no wonder I couldn't find the info.  The box must have value so why charge us for it the next year?

PS when the 'premier' box arrives I'll post details - it's on the way i'm told then we can compare the specs ourselves on here

Edited by LannaGuy

You would expect it be a minix U1 but when you consider the other box they give i doubt it.

The MXQ box they give you is 1600 on Lazada so even on the 6 month offer you are overpaying. On the months subscription you are blatently being ripped off.

Thats why i went for the years subscribtion. I have 3 houses next to each other so i can use it in there on spare boxes i have. The 24 playback also played a factor.

If i was just using it in one house i probably would of stayed with flawless.