TrueVisions to lose BBC Entertainment package

maddermax

Doesn't appear that anything we expats might say to persuade True to keep BBC Entertainment will have any effect at all.  We lost the History channel 567 recently without any reason being given.  I hear from other expats that BBC World News has also been lost from some service providers.

Does anybody know where else we might get the BBC Entertainment package?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Do people still pay for cable TV ? You can stream just about anything from the net or youtube

A veiled insult to people who pay for cable TV?

Yeah, I do. 300 baht a month doesn't break the bank LOL. It's nice to just switch on the TV and watch... and I also stream and YouTube etc. Would you believe I even pay for a landline.

10 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

For 1568 bahts per month, we now get NO Premier League football, NO History, and we are are apparently losing Entertainment and possibly BBC News.   We will be cancelling soon.   No cable here, so what are the best options?

My suggestion is get in contact with the prior BM that was High Hatting everyone that paid for their entertainment.

For 1568 bahts per month, we now get NO Premier League football, NO History, and we are are apparently losing Entertainment and possibly BBC News.   We will be cancelling soon.   No cable here, so what are the best options?

You can add the Premier League football for around 200 baht a month (Bein channels).

40 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I get nearly every premier league game through True Vision on the BeIn Channels.

48 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

If your internet is good them something like flawless iptv or iviewhd.

100s of channels.

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

No big loss. I used to be a big fan of BBC until I watched their incredibly incompetent coverage of the riots around 2010 by reporters who just did not have a clue about what was going on. 

The BBC is the worst provider of news, current affairs, drama, documentary, comedy, and general entertainment... except for all the others.

(Apologies to Winston Churchill)

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Truevisions has now become a monopolised rip off, as others have mentioned,

buy a TV Set Top Box like the Minux brand and you can stream or watch live 

through your internet.

Google "UK TV in Thailand" for lots of info and keep up with the times.

2 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Truevisions has now become a monopolised rip off, as others have mentioned,

buy a TV Set Top Box like the Minux brand and you can stream or watch live 

through your internet.

Google "UK TV in Thailand" for lots of info and keep up with the times.

But doesn't that cost much more in data?

2 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Prbkk, internet service subscription for your home is unlimited in Thailand,

i'm with 3BB on a monthly payment contract of 630bt and been watching TV

through the internet for the last 3 years.

Really?  I pay around 700 ot 800 and assumed there was a limit that I never exceeded. I cancelled my True cable about 6 months ago because I hardly switched it on. Changed the phone from True to DTAC as well.

4 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Really?  I pay around 700 ot 800 and assumed there was a limit that I never exceeded. I cancelled my True cable about 6 months ago because I hardly switched it on. Changed the phone from True to DTAC as well.

I can be ambiguous when it says 10mb/2mb I took it to mean 10mb download limit to start with I of course was wrong it's 10mb down speed and 2 mb up. With internet itself being unlimited.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The BBC may represent the "Establishment", but to claim it is biased is nonsense.

How can you possibly say that re run the lead up to BREXIT then say it's not Biased. Or every Election and see who gets the most air time come on man time to wake up and taste the pig

Edited by Deepinthailand