Six questions about information from the official website

Rokir

Hello, everyone!

In the topic above there are two links for the checkilsts on the official website. There was another information before and I got a copy of it.

Can you please answer me for some question about it:

3. ORIGINAL MEDICAL CERTIFICATE (5 DISEASES FORM) FROM CLINIC ORHOSPITAL (VALID FOR 1 MONTH)

1. What does it mean by “5 diseases“?

3) - IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED IN NO.4 -> TAKE ONLY A PHYSICAL TEST

- IF YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED IN NO.4 - FULL STEP FOLLOWING

• TAKE A TRAINING 4 HOURS
  • TAKE A PHYSICAL TEST
  • TAKE A THEORY TEST
  • TAKE A PRACTICAL TEST

2. What means by “qualified” and “disqualified”?

3) TAKE ONLY A PHYSICAL TEST

-TAKE A TRAINING 1 HOURS
-TAKE A PHYSICAL TEST
-TAKE A THEORY TEST
-TAKE A PRACTICAL TEST

3. This said in the section about renew. Should I take only physical test or all 4 tests to renew?

4. How many mistakes are acceptable?

5. How much does it cost? The official website says: 105 for 2-year license, 505 for 5-year. But Pattaya Expats Club says 2-year:  250 Baht for car, 155 for motorbike and 5-year:  505 for a car and 350 for motorbike. And also 100 baht for photo and printing.

6. How much does it cost to rent a bike or car near office to pass the exam?

Edited by Rokir

Your questions suggest you are taking this too seriously.

Get the medical certificate.

Learn the rules of the road then go to test centre for 8:30am with helmet and bike. The bike can be from anywhere, if the police stop you on the way, tell them where you're going and offer the nice man 100B to buy a beer, it must be hot working in the sun. Take 1000B for the licence and any licences you currently have, Thai or other.

Do as you are told.

Smile for the camera and get your licence. If you have change from 1000B, stop on the way home for a massage/beer/burger.

If you really want to know, the five diseases.

Leprosis

Tuberculosis

Elephantiasis

Drug addiction

Third stage of syphilis

But as written: in most cases the certificate is issued without any examination.

Sometimes even no doctor seen.

" What means by “qualified” and “disqualified”

You have taken that out of context.

I am too lazy to look after but isn't it about renewal within one year after expiry or later than one year.

Renewal later than one year is basically the same like doing a new DL. (for your question 3).

4. How many mistakes are acceptable?

45 out of 50 must be correct.

5 mistakes allowed.

6. How much does it cost to rent a bike or car near office to pass the exam?

You posted specifically in the Motorcycles... forum.

But your questions refer to car and motorbike.

So I move this thread to the Thailand Motor forum where DL questions are discussed on a nearly daily basis.

Everyone will know a good local pharmacy / surgery / clinic .. I know a surgery in my city that's open until 11.00 PM - he charges between 50-100B and his checkup takes place on the front desk and consists of "so are you feeling ok? Any dizzy spells? fainting? - no? Ok .. Here you are"

i would suggest that you advise people not to take the doctors note requirement too seriously and look for a similar clinic - the paper is just a formality, it's not even looked at, just filed away. If the applicant does have genuine health concerns that could effect driving, it would be better to address those with a reputable hospital rather than reveal them to the DVLC.

Worth noting that when applying for a full license (after a temporary) - then the doctors note is not always necessary - it's down to the test center.

To renew a license, if you do this within a certain time frame then the minimum requirement would be a certificate of residence, the reaction/colourblindness test ( possible doctors note ) 

If if you are outside a timeframe, then some centers request that you watch the video - also some centers may insist you take the whole test again ( I think that's outside of 1 year ) - there's a whole lot of individual interpretation by each center.

If you anticipate an issue, then it's advisable to print off the government website and show them - a typical misinterpretation is that westerners cannot hold a 5 year license. Non-O holders are allowed ( irrelevant of extension or ME ), tourist visas aren't generally allowed.