Street food (day time) close to Soi 2 Suk Rd?

alt

Hi all,

We'll be hungry arriving to Soi 2 next week. We've always stayed on Soi 2 but rarely ate in the area.

I'll have a serious craving for a Pad Thai.

Can anyone advise on a Soi to wander up for street food during the day close to Soi 2? Don't want to travel too far as we'll be starving after a long flight.

Many thanks.

Turn left and head towards Ploen Chit...there is a food area just past Langsuan on the left....loads of excellent options.

Or even before there under the bridge is closer....or Soi 4 I suppose.

Edited by smokie36
Thought was Soi 3....early mornings wh?

11 hours ago, the donger said:

I haven't been there for a year, but isn't the whole area between plon chit and nana full of street vendors for the office workers?

I honestly can't remember, not been in BKK since last Dec.

We'll have a look around and find something handy, i'm sure. I just can't wait to get some Street food into me as soon as we arrive.

Street food in BKK... Leaded or unleaded? An extra side of mercury and arsenic perhaps? If you knew the level of contaminants in that food, you'd never go near it. People are only too happy to live in ignorance. The level of pollution everywhere in Thailand is always terrible (proximity to China being the main cause). Even in rural areas, air quality is dire. In Bangkok? Multiple times worse. If you don't believe me, check this website (http://www.airvisual.com/earth) and check it every week of the year... The air quality in Thailand never improves. It's always hazardous. Eating street food is putting your long-term health on the line.

7 hours ago, the donger said:

I'm pretty sure if you turn left from soi 2 and go towards the bridge, the south side of the road should contain a lot. unless it has been a victim to bma's street clearing efforts. 

agree,

walk up to Sukh from soi 2, turn left, and you will find many street food suppliers within the next 500-600 meters

(now, in the Ploenchit shopping centre (on the corner of soi 2 and Sukh) you will also find a bunch of eateries)

yeah...under the bridge you can find most anything and certainly not go hungry...

you can also go along to wireless road (witayu) and go left and there are food stalls about halfway down between sukh and the US embassy...very busy at lunchtime...

there's also MacDonalds and middle eastern food in the basement of the Ploenchit center...there's a Burger King on the north side of sukh around there...plenty of middle eastern food on sukh soi 3...Bully's pub on sukh near Nana has got some nice salads, good with some garlic bread...

On 12/8/2016 at 6:05 AM, melvinmelvin said:

agree,

walk up to Sukh from soi 2, turn left, and you will find many street food suppliers within the next 500-600 meters

(now, in the Ploenchit shopping centre (on the corner of soi 2 and Sukh) you will also find a bunch of eateries)

On the sixth floor of the Ploen Chit center is a good food court.  Very crowded during the lunch hour, but a good option for a variety of food and good priced.