Cameroonian woman arrested at Suvarnabhumi with fake visa

webfact

Cameroonian woman arrested at Suvarnabhumi with fake visa

fv.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- Immigration police on Monday arrested a woman from Cameroon who was found to be in possession of a fake visa.

Police arrested Mirabel Disue Misori, 26, as she tried to pass through immigration at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Upon checking her passport, immigration officers had suspicions regarding the legitimacy of her visa, reported Thairath.

The visa was then confirmed to be counterfeit after it was checked using a visa detection machine.

Miss Mirabel, who had travelled to Thailand from Nairobi, Kenya, admitted that she had paid $800 to a man in Cameroon for the fake tourist visa.

She said she had travelled to Thailand to try and find employment, Pol Col Paritthipong Prayoonsiri, from Suvarnabhumi immigration confirmed.

Officials later found the visa was issued at the Thai Embassy in Cameroon.

Pol Col Paritthipong added that visitors from South Asia and Africa are on an immigration watch list with officials ordered to check for counterfeit visas and travel documents.

There was no information on what, if any action will taken against the Thai Embassy in Cameroon.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-06

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

You would think if the Thai embassy issued the visa, albeit fake, it would be non fake. I hope they nail the corrupt official/s.

No doubt no Thai official involved, it must be locally recruited staff members !

The visa was then confirmed to be counterfeit after it was checked using a visa detection machine. - What is a visa detection machine? Does it have flashing lights and make beeping sounds?

Officials later found the visa was issued at the Thai Embassy in Cameroon. - If the visa was issued at the Thai embassy, then how can it be fake?

15 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

You would think if the Thai embassy issued the visa, albeit fake, it would be non fake. I hope they nail the corrupt official/s.

"...There was no information on what, if any action will taken against the Thai Embassy in Cameroon..."

Well, that's that then !!!

$800 for the fake tourist visa. At that fee, they would probably be loath to "stamp" it out (providing they get their cut).

no action.jpg

The  Visa was issued by the Thai Embassy in Cameroon and then checked in the "machine" at S/Bhumi on her arrival and found to be fake.

I would suggest that there is no reason for this woman  to be deemed as "guilty" she should be given a tourist visa and an apology and sent on her way.

Immigration Thailand then need to get off their backsides and get on the phone to the Thai Embassy in Cameroon and ask what the hell is going on!!!

With a parallel fake US embassy in Ghana operating under the noses of the US authorities

and the locals for 10 years ! providing full and legit visas , what do you really expect?

Africa and other places are hives of fake visa, passports and permits, so no wonder

this is happening....

7 minutes ago, CARBO said:

I'm a Cameroonian and apparently, there is no Thai embassy in Cameroon. I wonder where that is or what embassy they are talking about.

Could well be the reason why it was deemed to be fake if issued by a non-existent embassy..................;)

23 minutes ago, KIWIBATCH said:

The  Visa was issued by the Thai Embassy in Cameroon and then checked in the "machine" at S/Bhumi on her arrival and found to be fake.

I would suggest that there is no reason for this woman  to be deemed as "guilty" she should be given a tourist visa and an apology and sent on her way.

Immigration Thailand then need to get off their backsides and get on the phone to the Thai Embassy in Cameroon and ask what the hell is going on!!!

I think you are supposed to apply in person at Embassies to obtain a visa, in this case it would appear she did not.

Giving a man $800 dollars to obtain it on her behalf should have raised a massive red flag.

59 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

The British Embassy in Bangkok is staffed by many Thai people also. It's possible to pay a bribe to an "agent" to obtain a Brit visa which would otherwise be denied. I know people who've done it for their girlfriends.

1 minute ago, Andrew65 said:

The British Embassy in Bangkok is staffed by many Thai people also. It's possible to pay a bribe to an "agent" to obtain a Brit visa which would otherwise be denied. I know people who've done it for their girlfriends.

considering the state of the UK today you could probably bribe a Brit member of staff for a visa,no need for an agent

12 minutes ago, CARBO said:

I'm a Cameroonian and apparently, there is no Thai embassy in Cameroon. I wonder where that is or what embassy they are talking about.

This gets funnier and funnier--------- She was issued a fake visa(free visa for $800?????-----) from a fake Embassy.Good job we have a VISA DETECTION MACHINE !!!

20 minutes ago, CARBO said:

It seems there is but it's mobile:

http://www.thaiembassynigeria.com/eng/index.php/news-and-event/109-thai-embassy-organized-consular-mobile-unit-in-cameroon

This is utterly confusing, unless there is a standing policy (which is racism) to not allow Cameroonians into Thailand, why would she not be allowed to get a visa legitimately? Just apply at the Embassy? If she can pay $800 for a fake one, that $800 would surely be enough to support her tourist visit to Thailand, and therefore obtain a legit visa?

And anyway, why not just pay $800 for a fake British passport and just get a Visa exempt entry? 

Edited by AlQaholic

Please keep up with the advances in modem technology folks.  The fake detection machine to detect fake visa stamps is humming  AWAY IN THE BOWELS of a secret location only known to a few million Thai's.

Super Secret computer.JPG