Al Gore calls his meeting with Trump 'extremely interesting' 

webfact

Al Gore calls his meeting with Trump 'extremely interesting' 

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Vice President Al Gore said Monday he had a "productive" meeting with Donald Trump, calling it "an extremely interesting conversation."

Gore, a leading voice on the dangers of climate change, met with the president-elect at Trump Tower in New York City and spoke briefly to reporters afterward. He categorized the meeting as a "sincere search for common ground."

When asked what was discussed, Gore said only, "To be continued."

Gore said he also met with Ivanka Trump, the president-elect's daughter. Transition officials said earlier Monday that the two would discuss climate change. During the campaign, Donald Trump called man-made climate change a hoax, and he has pledged to undo a number of regulations to protect the environment.

Since the election, however, Trump has sent mixed signals on the topic.

"I think there is some connectivity. Some, something. It depends on how much," he said of the link between human activity and climate change in a post-election interview with The New York Times.

"I'm looking at it very closely. I have an open mind to it," he said on the topic of whether he will withdraw from climate change accords.

Gore is well-known for the film "An Inconvenient Truth," about his efforts to spread the word about global warming. Gore and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change shared the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.

During the 2016 presidential race while campaigning for Democrat Hillary Clinton, Gore warned that Trump, "based on the ideas that he has presented, would take us toward a climate catastrophe."

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-12-06

I just saw a bit of a National Geographic special on climate change "Years of Living Dangerously."  All the parts about climatologists saying climate change is real is what one would expect; of course it is real, and of course Trump couldn't care any less what the climate of the earth will be like after he is dead.  

One part I wasn't aware of, about power company interests pushing legislators to pass restrictions and fees that effectively limit the use of roof-top solar panels.  Not only is the central US government not supporting use of renewable energy sources at different levels government legislation actively prevents it.  

Arnold Schwarzenegger is one of a number of actors in the show, serving as presenters exploring different facets (along with a really old looking David Letterman).  According to another similar documentary while he was governor of CA he said he was supporting renewable energy, per public policy, but at the same time he was supporting legislating to eliminate use of electric cars, instead focusing on use of fuel cell technology, which wasn't ready and wasn't going to be practical, likely in direct support of a special interest group.  

So goes climate change resolution support in the US in general; everyone points at someone else for the better solution, while established polluting industries pay the government to do nothing.  Actors with insane carbon footprints support change, and they recycle aluminum cans and may or may not even drive a hybrid, and that's it. 

When asked what was discussed, Gore said only, "To be continued."

Translated:
"I told Trump how to make billions trading carbon credits while perpetuating junk science." 

I gotta admit, Gore and his partners capitalized big-time on "An Inconvenient Truth" while zombifying a generation of useful idiots who will chant the global warming/climate change mantra on demand ad-infinitum.

Unfortunately, the mindless, indoctrinated climate alarmists aren't following the money:

"Gore and Blood, the former chief of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), co-founded London-based GIM in 2004. Between 2008 and 2011 the company had raised profits of nearly $218 million from institutions and wealthy investors. By 2008 Gore was able to put $35 million into hedge funds and private partnerships through the Capricorn Investment Group, a Palo Alto company founded by his Canadian billionaire buddy Jeffrey Skoll, the first president of EBay Inc. <It was Skoll’s Participant Media that produced Gore’s feverishly frightening 2006 horror film, “An Inconvenient Truth”.>
-
Blood And Gore: Making A Killing On Anti-Carbon Investment Hype, Larry Bell, Forbes Op-ed, 11-03-2013

It's all about the money, but good luck uncoverting the converts.  And Gore will only get richer even though Trump is right - it's a hoax.  But now maybe a hoax that Trump can be convinced to cash in on too?  Time will tell. 

Edited by connda