very small prickers

watgate

I was helping a monk I had just met with clearing off debris from a small buddhist pedestal in the woods.I went to grab something on the floor and it had small prickers which I am fairly certain somehow penetrated my hand without causing any bleeding. It was kind of weird. In any event, a day after I developed a rash or blotch on my right hand. There are small bumps which I am assuming are where the tiny prickers are inbedded that go from my pinky to my middle finger.I seem to have between 15- 25 small bumps on my hand. There is no pain but it has been itching. I went to see a pharmacist who gave me something to take orally for allergies/itching and also gave me a topical cream to use for inflammation. I was wondering if these small prickers would dissolve over time or do I need to see a dermatologist to have them removed by cutting open my skin? I really can't ask the monk because his communication is basically non-existent. I also went back to the site where this event occurred but unfortunately could not find any remnants of the small prickers which I had swept off the pedestal  into the dense forest/jungle. Lastly, the ointment and pills that I have been taking don't seem to be helping much.

Edited by watgate

If there is a foreign body in there , it needs to be gotten out and creams won't help.

Doesn't really matter what is is so no need to knock yourself out getting samples, Just tell the doctors that you think you have some splinters inside the hand.

If one the other hand there aren't any splinters inside, it could just be a contact dermatitis.  But that would usually respond to antinflammatory creams.

Sheryl- I went to see a Dr at McCormick Hospital who said my body's immune system would eventually handle  the situation.She said since the prickers were so small it would be best to leave it alone and not make 40-50 tiny cuts or punctures in my hand. She did prescribe a 5 day supply of Prednisolone to take along with the other meds that the pharmacist had already given to me previously.