Dhammakaya’s digital TV channel ordered shutdown for 15 days

webfact

Dhammakaya’s digital TV channel ordered shutdown for 15 days

DMCTV.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) yesterday ordered the digital television channel of Wat Dhammakaya, DMC, to stop operation on a temporary basis with reason that it was used as a tool to mobilise followers to the temple to shield the controversial former abbot, Phra Dhammachayo.

The decision of the national broadcasting regulator came after the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) complained with it that DMC channel, it’s only mouthpiece, continued to invite followers to the temple to perform religious practises.

However the DSI saw this was intended to protect Phra Dhammachayo and to intercept his arrest.

The DSI said the broadcast by DMC was tantamount to violate Section 64 of the interim constitution and defied Order 97 of the National Council for Peace and Order.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dhammakayas-digital-tv-channel-ordered-shutdown-for-15-days/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-07

Dhammakaya Defies Order to Halt Broadcasts

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

Screen-Shot-2016-12-07-at-2.49.32-PM-e1481101988892.png

Guards search vehicles entering Wat Dhammakaya on Wednesday in Pathum Thani province.

PATHUM THANI — The satellite channel of an influential Buddhist sect had yet to comply with an order to cease broadcasting Wednesday after it called for acolytes to gather in what police say is another bid to thwart the arrest of its fugitive abbot.

Wat Dhammakaya in northern metro Bangkok was told Tuesday to shut down its DMC TV and radio channels in anticipation of officers entering to execute an arrest warrant for the abbot, Dhammachayo, who faces prosecution on two criminal matters.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/12/07/dhammakaya-defies-order-halt-broadcasts/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-0

They are quicker in shutting down other channels.

All that Dhammakaya story is a farce.

This goblin with the big glasses laughing about his own jokes...

They are on the satellite as long as I can think back.

36 minutes ago, ldiablo72 said:

I'd hate to see the Thais in a real war.
Should we attack general? Well lets wait and see. Ok lets attack now. Are you sure? Hmmm, jusst wait a little bit longer.How about now? Maybe in a few more days. Ahhh forget it, I'm going home.

Thais have never been in a real war. The last bit of history says they put up their hands and rolled over to the Japanese with unmentionable sweeteners.

Much more brave when a mob of juveniles thugs bash and kill a disabled man on the streets.

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

They are quicker in shutting down other channels.

All that Dhammakaya story is a farce.

This goblin with the big glasses laughing about his own jokes...

They are on the satellite as long as I can think back.

Well somebody had to laugh after canned  laughter was banned.

10 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Thais have never been in a real war. The last bit of history says they put up their hands and rolled over to the Japanese with unmentionable sweeteners.

Much more brave when a mob of juveniles thugs bash and kill a disabled man on the streets.

That's because of firm belief in war what's  it for. Absolutely nothing y'all sing it ti me

17 hours ago, webfact said:

defied Order 97 of the National Council for Peace and Order.

Order 97 - a media outlet that violates the ban on criticisms of the NCPO and military actions will face an ethics inquiry by relevant media associations. It doesn't seem credible that DMC's invitation to followers to the temple to perform religious practises violated Order 97; and if it had, a shutdown would not follow. Otherwise the NCPO hasn't taken any actions with regard to the arrest of Dhammakaya other than to tell DSI to work something out with Dhammakaya that would not cause public conflict.

I could not find Section 64 of the Interim Constitution. The NCPO 2014 Interim Constitution contained 48 sections.

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

Order 97 - a media outlet that violates the ban on criticisms of the NCPO and military actions will face an ethics inquiry by relevant media associations. It doesn't seem credible that DMC's invitation to followers to the temple to perform religious practises violated Order 97; and if it had, a shutdown would not follow. Otherwise the NCPO hasn't taken any actions with regard to the arrest of Dhammakaya other than to tell DSI to work something out with Dhammakaya that would not cause public conflict.

I could not find Section 64 of the Interim Constitution. The NCPO 2014 Interim Constitution contained 48 sections.

Never mind, they will rewrite the constitution when they take over.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The DSI said the broadcast by DMC was tantamount to violate Section 64 of the interim constitution and defied Order 97 of the National Council for Peace and Order.

Boy they sure came across this breaking of the law in short order. Were they perchance looking the other way all these years. 

19 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

No, there was some kind of naval confrontation with the French in 1940 or 41, I think before the Japanese asked permission to send their troops through Thailand into Malaysia. That's what Victory Monument is about. They did crush the Kingdom of Vieng Chan back in 1827.

21 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

The last bit of war the Thais were involved in was the Vietnam War,  over 38,000 soldiers were sent, deaths were 351. Before that there was the Korean War with 11,786 soldiers sent and 136 dead.

1 minute ago, harrry said:

If the TV station is running in defiance  of a legal shutdown order the answer is to turn of its electricity and as it is hard to seperate that from the rest of the complex that means all of it..

That will at least starve the monks of the power to chant loudly, starving them of the power of the voice. 

Meanwhile the guardians of this weird chicken coup that's going on; hold up any little old visiting ladies clucky enough to try to present Sangatan - now that will starve the monks

Why not just bombard the Wat with 24 hour long Justin Bieber,  Justin Timberlake and Justin Case that's not enough Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" on a loop. That should get the devotees incensed enough to want to leave.

I like Justin Timberlake and Led Zeppelin. Whose Justin Case, not heard of him, is he good? Justin Bieber would have half of Thailand's kids and their mums turning up. No, you've got it all wrong.

In my opinion you should just invite me. Put me on stage, speakers on full volume and let me sing Look Tung music to everyone. Using Karaoke English. I do that at home and every man, women and child vanish from the soi. It's magic.

Don't believe me you try it. If there is one thing the Thais hate most in this world it is a farang singing their songs wrong. They hate it. 55555

4 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

I like Justin Timberlake and Led Zeppelin. Whose Justin Case, not heard of him, is he good? Justin Bieber would have half of Thailand's kids and their mums turning up. No, you've got it all wrong.

In my opinion you should just invite me. Put me on stage, speakers on full volume and let me sing Look Tung music to everyone. Using Karaoke English. I do that at home and every man, women and child vanish from the soi. It's magic.

Don't believe me you try it. If there is one thing the Thais hate most in this world it is a farang singing their songs wrong. They hate it. 55555

"Who's Justin Case, not heard of him, is he good?"             Surely you jest sir? Yes, I think you do.

"..........and Justin Case that's not enough .............":whistling:

'The problem is the devotees will probably love Stairway as they are all(trying to) buy a stairway to heaven. I think Justin Case that's popular should also ask Pete Townsend to play 'Won't Get Fooled Again' at full volume repeatedly before Justin himself returns to sing  a spirited version of ' I Surrender'