stamped in @ nong khai for 2 years on 0-A

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 0:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct.

When you get a re-entry permit it is issued to the date your current permit stay ends which should be December 6th, 2017.

Not sure what would be the best time to arrive would be but my suggestion would be there shortly after they open 8:30.

But he could try to go at Chaeng Wattrana and apply for a re-entry permit and see what they say??I

On 12/8/2016 at 10:41 AM, ray richards said:

Hi. relating to this topic,i am due to go to Lao for a new SETV, i am thinking of taking a domestic flight by Lao Airways direct to Vientiene but that will take me directly into Lao so will that mean i will then have to cross from Vienteine airport back into Thailand to exit at Nong Kai & then go back into Lao to the Lao embassy?? if so that will be a very messy proceedure.

Thanks for any welcome advise

A flight from Thailand into Laos is an international flight, not a domestic flight. You will clear immigration leaving Thailand and, on arrival in Vientiane, need to get a Lao visa on arrival (assuming you are not entitled to visa exempt entry) and be stamped into Laos. Before returning to Thailand, you go to the Thai consulate for your tourist visa. You can then enter Thailand either by land or by air.

• 3 weeks later...

As a final note: thank you for the advice to go to CW, that is what I did:

I had trouble getting out of bed to arrive 1 hour before opening as a buddy of mine does, but did get there like 815am, of course double wrapped line, couldn't even tell where the line direction was, but 0830 it opens, of course, I have unwisely, not brought "copies" of everything, so I do the usual downstairs jaunt, come back and fill out the form, I get two numbers, 

1 for the fixing of the 1 year error,  which goes fast, (so arriving early wasn't needed), however, they take my "copies" , don't charge me anything,   laugh a little bit  that Nong Khai  gave me 2 years. 

Since, my re-entry number is a ways away, I go and get the downstairs "copies" again, return then not a excessive wait  I get to the 1st re-entry desk ( i do notice that they seem to take appointment by the web, if that is not currently broken with the extranet?),  then there is a 1 hour wait, they inform me, so I go outside and kill time  and return for the re-entry permit stamp, out before noon.  

So, I suppose for re-entrys, it would have gone faster, but no big deal, to arrive at 0730.  But, not for the the fixing of the 1 year stamp.      

So, I'm good till next Dec , as I had expected.   Worse part was taxi'ing back to sukhumwit, which took about an hour, trying to get to a walkable area ,  55 :)

11 hours ago, chubby said:

As a final note: thanis you for the advice to go to CW, that is what I did:

I had trouble getting out of bed to arrive 1 hour before opening as a buddy of mine does, but did get there like 815am, of course double wrapped line, couldn't even tell where the line direction was, but 0830 it opens, of course, I have unwisely, not brought "copies" of everything, so I do the usual downstairs jaunt, come back and fill out the form, I get two numbers, 

1 for the fixing of the 1 year error,  which goes fast, (so arriving early wasn't needed), however, they take my "copies" , don't charge me anything,   laugh a little bit  that Nong Khai  gave me 2 years. 

Since, my re-entry number is a ways away, I go and get the downstairs "copies" again, return then not a excessive wait  I get to the 1st re-entry desk ( i do notice that they seem to take appointment by the web, if that is not currently broken with the extranet?),  then there is a 1 hour wait, they inform me, so I go outside and kill time  and return for the re-entry permit stamp, out before noon.  

So, I suppose for re-entrys, it would have gone faster, but no big deal, to arrive at 0730.  But, not for the the fixing of the 1 year stamp.      

So, I'm good till next Dec , as I had expected.   Worse part was taxi'ing back to sukhumwit, which took about an hour, trying to get to a walkable area ,  55 :)

Happy that u could solve.

I always go arround 9 from home by BTS to MoChit and then by bus but never so early. Arrive there at 10.30 when the big queue Is already gone, with all copies done the day before. Get the queue nr. and go to the CP food court to have lunch and normaly at 2pm the extention Is done and can proceed to re-entry desk which will be complketed arround 3pm. Then back to MoChit but never by taxi, better mototaxi and bus again till max 4pm, after that better only mototaxi ( cause of traffic jam that starts before 5 ) all the way to MoChit BTS and back home about 5pm In Krungthonburi rd. which Is more far than Sukhumvit.

Hope and wish u a very pleasant 2017