Famous car and motorbike racer Tik Jakrapong dies in motorbike crash in Bang Saen

webfact

Famous car and motorbike racer Tik Jakrapong dies in motorbike crash in Bang Saen

617_Tik.jpg

BANG SAEN: -- Famous car and motorcycle racer Jakrapong Nuamthong died Wednesday night after the big bike he was riding crashed into a power pole on a by-pass in Bang Saen of Chonburi.

The incident happened before midnight in Tambon Nong Maidaeng in Muang district.

According to Chonburi police, the 34-year-old well-known car racer known as Tik Jakrapong was riding on his 1000 cc black Suzuki big bike on the bypass when it skidded and crashed into the power pole.

His friends who were among his team of 30 big bikes were returning to Bangkok from Bang Saen and took the bypass.

They said Jakrapong’s vehicle instantly skidded and lost control and hit on a roadside traffic sign before crashing into the pole.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/famous-car-and-motorbike-racer-tik-jakrapong-dies-in-motorbike-crash-in-bang-saen/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-08

Just a generalization!  Makes me very sad to say or feel like this because I do have a son here.

I have seen the problems and result of how Thai drive here.   It is bad enough that they are killing themselves in small motorbikes. But the last few years I've noticed Thais with bigger and bigger bikes drivers with the same bad driving mentality.  I've seen in Pattaya,  bikers such as this zooming along Hwy 7. going well over 140 Km/H,  waving in and out of traffic.  Just last Songkran, on Hwy 7,  right after the Nongprue exit,  a big bike, was zooming in and out of traffic and suddenly a car wanted to change lane the driver didn't see him nor did the biker have enough time to react.  Sadly to say the biker was nearly cut in half.  I just drove by and shook my head thinking?

I see the problem growing bikers thinking the larger the bike the faster you seem to have to go. They do not understand on a bike you got no protection as being in a car. That a ton of steel or the concrete feel no pain but one's body made up of soft tissue has no chance.  And being a professional as in this case being stupid there isn't any discrimination.  Sorry this guy is dead but it was a matter of time and I hope the other 30 drivers learn something from their friends death. 

2 hours ago, Jim walker said:

tyres not up to temperature

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Those are either poor photos, or the guy was using racing slicks, ie tyres with no tread...

Yup and yup.  Maybe a little oil from the road surface and a wee too much throttle.  Happens.

Here's a brand new bike that didn't make it out of the dealer's parking lot.

when the big bike craze hit, a lot of folks bought a big bike without even knowing how to ride one just to be cool or enjoy the big bikes. I know a Thai friend who broke an arm due to his inexperience of riding a big bike. There are more crash then its reported in the news.

22 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Just a generalization!  Makes me very sad to say or feel like this because I do have a son here.

I have seen the problems and result of how Thai drive here.   It is bad enough that they are killing themselves in small motorbikes. But the last few years I've noticed Thais with bigger and bigger bikes drivers with the same bad driving mentality.  I've seen in Pattaya,  bikers such as this zooming along Hwy 7. going well over 140 Km/H,  waving in and out of traffic.  Just last Songkran, on Hwy 7,  right after the Nongprue exit,  a big bike, was zooming in and out of traffic and suddenly a car wanted to change lane the driver didn't see him nor did the biker have enough time to react.  Sadly to say the biker was nearly cut in half.  I just drove by and shook my head thinking?

I see the problem growing bikers thinking the larger the bike the faster you seem to have to go. They do not understand on a bike you got no protection as being in a car. That a ton of steel or the concrete feel no pain but one's body made up of soft tissue has no chance.  And being a professional as in this case being stupid there isn't any discrimination.  Sorry this guy is dead but it was a matter of time and I hope the other 30 drivers learn something from their friends death. 

it's Russian death racers round here - it's so worrying .