West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Morning chaps! smile.png

Bit early for that carmine. You were a half decent penalty away from losing that game.

biggrin.png

Jesus, West Ham are awful to watch aren't they.

But still better than Stoke.

Debatable at this point I'd say. The Hammers seem to be a woeful collection of carthorses and the barely talented.thumbsup.gif

Course that'll change when Carroll returns.rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Morning chaps! smile.png

Bit early for that carmine. You were a half decent penalty away from losing that game.

biggrin.png

But still better than Stoke.

nah caught a few bits of saturdays match v villa and although they lost hughes has got them playing some half decent football.

Morning chaps! smile.png

biggrin.png

and according to sam allardyce it is never, ever sam allardyce's fault that they are.

carlton cole. i mean seriously.

Allardyce has been at the club for 3 years and in that time spent 40 million on strikers, yet we started this season with an utter clown like Cole still up front who wouldn't even get into a championship side.

Yet we still have some in the media telling us how 'lucky' we are to have this northern dinosaur fraudster in charge. It defies belief.

Yet the 'ammers fans gave him a rousing ovation when he went off.

No they didn't they were cheering on the sub.

Er, no they weren't. They cheered him when he came on.

But you carry on there in dreamland.

From were I was in the STB stand it most certainly appeared that the crowd were not impressed with Cole.

Which stand were you watching it from?

From were I was in the STB stand it most certainly appeared that the crowd were not impressed with Cole.

The camera facing the dugout, where fans were on their feet clapping him.

Unless you are suggesting they were tiny totts fans.

And I can't say I was surprised as apart from the penalty he was probably the only West Ham player who actually threatened the totts goal.

I thought Postman Pat had buggered off with his back and white cat. Here's one for the poor chap, taken at Upton Park on Saturday. Not sure which is Pat and which is Jess. COYS

Did you ever find out if your Thai son will be able to support YOU later?

What a disgrace you are.

I thought Postman Pat had buggered off with his back and white cat. Here's one for the poor chap, taken at Upton Park on Saturday. Not sure which is Pat and which is Jess. COYS

Did you ever find out if your Thai son will be able to support YOU later?

What a disgrace you are.

Hahaha another of your superb out of context one liners - but this time aimed at my 18 month son. Every time you post you expose yourself more and more. Next?

The camera facing the dugout, where fans were on their feet clapping him.

Unless you are suggesting they were tiny totts fans.

And I can't say I was surprised as apart from the penalty he was probably the only West Ham player who actually threatened the totts goal.

They were clapping Valencia. No one would bother clapping anything Cole did in the game. He had his clown shoes on as usual.

You know damned well how, and that's why you had to give the Blades some 25 million.

No I want to hear your side as you think you know so much.

As a matter of interest have you paid them all the money you owe them ?

You mean the money they extorted and apparently blew, yes.

No I want to hear your side as you think you know so much.

It's not "my side", you breached Premier League regs. and for reasons that probably involved being a fashionable London club got off very lightly.

And you agreed to pay 25 million because if you hadn't and they took it to court, it probably would have ended up very badly for you.

Instead of hating Sheffield United, who you effectively screwed, be grateful the FA and PL let you off.

Fashionable London club?

There were no grounds for us to lose points. The rules we broke were allowing 3rd party influence by agreeing to let the players leave for a fee at a time of their choosing, and not acting in good faith by not telling the PL. The agreement was made when the "owner" of the players was unable to complete the purchase of the club and we were left with 2 players who didn't belong to us. There were no question marks over eligibility. We never did anything that benefited us or to disadvantage anyone else. Had the then owners renegotiated the arrangement as they should have done, there would have been no further problems.

We agreed to pay because the owners were bankrupt and couldn't sell while the litigation was happening. We didn't owe them anything and they were not awarded anything. There were relegated fair and square. The new owners, Gold and Sullivan reviewed the agreement, but it was too water tight. There had already been arbitration and judicial reviews which reaffirmed that the PL did not go against natural justice by not docking points.

This game will possible sell out now. I already have my £10 ticket. I would have paid full price for it, but as Sheffield Utd get half the takings, it's better to keep the price low.

West Upper in my case.. He did nothing to warrant applause and any he did get was just being glad to see him off the pitch.

Speaking of STB, he was given a lifetime achievement award just before the players came out so had no time to speak. They also wheeled out the players from the 64 cup wining team again, who were also quickly ushered off. It was very badly organised.

There were no grounds for us to lose points.

<snip>

There had already been arbitration and judicial reviews which reaffirmed that the PL did not go against natural justice by not docking points.

Nice attempt at obfuscation, but while the points deduction was a let off, what was more of a let off was effectively that you had a player in Tevez who basically kept you up.

If he had been ruled ineligible as he should have, you would probably have gone down.

West Ham are close to drawing a line under the costly Carlos Tevez affair with their final payment to Sheffield United to be made before the summer, it can be disclosed.

The Hammers agreed an £18.1million compensation deal with Sheffield United in 2009 over Tevez' role in keeping the London club in the Premier League in 2007 at the expense of the Blades.

Under the compensation deal, the payments were staggered until 2013 - the Blades' latest accounts confirm that, and that a loan from Santander bank was taken out in 2010 secured against the payments from West Ham. As of June last year, the amount guaranteed stood at £8.5million, and the final £6million payment is due by July.

West Ham were fined £5million by a Premier League inquiry for breaching rules governing third-party ownership, but controversially no points were deducted and Tevez was permitted to play in the final three games of the season.

The club claimed they had unilaterally terminated their third-party agreement with the players' advisors, a consortium headed by Kia Joorabchian.

Tevez scored in the final match of the season as the Hammers survived and Sheffield United were relegated.

Third-party ownership of players is prohibited in English football - on the basis that if one person or company owns a number of players at different clubs it can lead to conflicts of interest.West Ham are close to drawing a line under the costly Carlos Tevez affair with their final payment to Sheffield United to be made before the summer, it can be disclosed.

The Hammers agreed an £18.1million compensation deal with Sheffield United in 2009 over Tevez' role in keeping the London club in the Premier League in 2007 at the expense of the Blades.

Under the compensation deal, the payments were staggered until 2013 - the Blades' latest accounts confirm that, and that a loan from Santander bank was taken out in 2010 secured against the payments from West Ham. As of June last year, the amount guaranteed stood at £8.5million, and the final £6million payment is due by July.

West Ham were fined £5million by a Premier League inquiry for breaching rules governing third-party ownership, but controversially no points were deducted and Tevez was permitted to play in the final three games of the season.

The club claimed they had unilaterally terminated their third-party agreement with the players' advisors, a consortium headed by Kia Joorabchian.

Tevez scored in the final match of the season as the Hammers survived and Sheffield United were relegated.

The Blades took the case to an independent tribunal which ruled that Tevez had been ineligible to play.

Third-party ownership of players is prohibited in English football - on the basis that if one person or company owns a number of players at different clubs it can lead to conflicts of interest.

And more importantly:

Griffiths said in his findings: "If the Premier League had known what Mr Duxbury for West Ham was saying to Mr Joorabchian's solicitor following the commission decision, we are confident that the Premier League would have suspended Mr Tevez's registration as a West Ham player.

"We have no doubt that the services of Tevez were worth at least three points to West Ham over the season and were what made the difference between West Ham remaining in the Premiership and being relegated at the end of the season."

After being told the agreement had been terminated, the Premier League had then allowed Tevez to play for the Hammers in the crucial relegation battle that led to Sheffield United's eventual drop out of the top flight.

You acted shabbily and frankly what you paid is peanuts compared to what it's cost Sheff U.

Frankly if you hadn't agreed to pay and it had gone to court, you'd probably be paying a lot more.

Sheff U probably caved too early in retrospect, they must be kicking themselves when they see what they've really lost now that Premiership revenues have doubled.

Speaking of STB, he was given a lifetime achievement award just before the players came out so had no time to speak.

Saw his last away game at Arsenal when he came to Highbury in 1983/4 (?).

Standing ovation from all of us (it was a 3-3 if I remember) and no-one could understand why he was retiring, still had so much lead in his pencil.

Edited by Chicog

There were no grounds for us to lose points.

<snip>

There had already been arbitration and judicial reviews which reaffirmed that the PL did not go against natural justice by not docking points.

Nice attempt at obfuscation, but while the points deduction was a let off, what was more of a let off was effectively that you had a player in Tevez who basically kept you up.

If he had been ruled ineligible as he should have, you would probably have gone down.

You acted shabbily and frankly what you paid is peanuts compared to what it's cost Sheff U.

Frankly if you hadn't agreed to pay and it had gone to court, you'd probably be paying a lot more.

Sheff U probably caved too early in retrospect, they must be kicking themselves when they see what they've really lost now that Premiership revenues have doubled.

There's no obfuscation. There was nothing in the rules that said we should lose points.

There was no reason why the Argentines should have been ineligible. 3rd party ownership wasn't against the rules at the time. We weren't fined for that. We were lucky to have them at the club, but we didn't break the rules to acquire them.

We didn't cost Sheff Utd anything. They went down because they were the 3rd poorest team.

Speaking of STB, he was given a lifetime achievement award just before the players came out so had no time to speak.

Saw his last away game at Arsenal when he came to Highbury in 1983/4 (?).

Standing ovation from all of us (it was a 3-3 if I remember) and no-one could understand why he was retiring, still had so much lead in his pencil.

He said in his book that Devonshire's long injury made his mind up as it looked like their partnership was finished. Could have done with him in 85-86 when we came 3rd. Could have pushed us up another place or 2.

I think he was also more interested in his business. They make plastic binders.

Looks like Valeri Bojinov (ex-Man City) might be joining the Hammers

thought he was unlucky at man city, more than a decent player.

Yeah he was unlucky. Pretty much as soon as he arrived he did his cruciate ligament ( I think it was ) and then he was out for about 6 months. He worked hard to get fit and then soon after did his Achilles which ruled him for another 6 months. I haven't really followed him closely since he left us what must be about 5 years ago now but he seems to have been pretty much injury free.

Yeah he was unlucky. Pretty much as soon as he arrived he did his cruciate ligament ( I think it was ) and then he was out for about 6 months. He worked hard to get fit and then soon after did his Achilles which ruled him for another 6 months. I haven't really followed him closely since he left us what must be about 5 years ago now but he seems to have been pretty much injury free.

A bung knee? Perfect for us.

A bung knee? Perfect for us.

I don't think he's had any trouble with it since tw25

With a fraud in charge it don't matter who we sign as we will still play league 1 players like Nolan and Cole. Besides, this deal won't happen.

Sounds like PP is not happy sad.png

It's going to be a great day when Allardyce leaves West Ham and returns to his Northern slum. Arguably the most hated man ever employed by the club, thing is though he hates us as well. You may as well employ Don Howe or Howard Wilkinson, at least they may respect the clubs values traditions whilst playing anti football and blaming everyone and everything except himself. Cupped ear anyone? 18 sstrikers in 3 years and still starting with a 'striker' like Cole? Utterly pathetic and impossible to justify.

It's nigh time this dinosuar was finally made extinc, but the spunk brothers don't have any balls, and in the meantime we are sinking lower and lower as a football club with this disgrace as the global face of the football club.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

It's going to be a great day when Allardyce leaves West Ham and returns to his Northern slum.

I bet his "Northern slum" is a lot grander than your residence.

What my 7k a month room right here in the worlds bestest city? I have air con, cable tv, a bed, a fridge, and 3 coat hangers. I have to pinch myself every day.