West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

l think Eggy raised expectation levels at the club and failed to deliver, putting Neill and Lazyberg on 60 or 80 grand a week ( l doubt we will ever know the true figures involved ), did nothing but destablize the club. Dean Ashton must be choking on his pies to know Freddie gets nearly 4 times what he does in a week !!!!!!!

There is talk in the papers of a clearout this summer, hopefully that will include Freddie and Boa-Morte, seems the chairmans bank has been hit by the credit crunch :o

l think possibly the credit crunch could be convenient for Mr Gudmundsson because after the mess Eggy left him with, and the money wasted on players who are now injured, l think his love affair with the Boleyn isn't what it was when he took over.

The honest truth is we are a miles away from being a top side, the new ground with the increased capacity would help but the investment required to take there is possibly more than our chairman could swallow right now.

Now l think we will see BG take a more active role to protect his investment, starting with the summer clearout.

I think thpse figures of 80k a week for Neill especially, is a complete over exagreation, Neill in on between 35k - 43k per week.

All this talk abotu a clear out scares me, it's the big squad that we have got that has stopped us being in a relegation battle this year, without them next year, i honestly would fear the worse as there is not a great deal to suggest that the injury situation would improve..

Hope i'm worng.

l think Eggy raised expectation levels at the club and failed to deliver, putting Neill and Lazyberg on 60 or 80 grand a week ( l doubt we will ever know the true figures involved ), did nothing but destablize the club. Dean Ashton must be choking on his pies to know Freddie gets nearly 4 times what he does in a week !!!!!!!

There is talk in the papers of a clearout this summer, hopefully that will include Freddie and Boa-Morte, seems the chairmans bank has been hit by the credit crunch :o

l think possibly the credit crunch could be convenient for Mr Gudmundsson because after the mess Eggy left him with, and the money wasted on players who are now injured, l think his love affair with the Boleyn isn't what it was when he took over.

The honest truth is we are a miles away from being a top side, the new ground with the increased capacity would help but the investment required to take there is possibly more than our chairman could swallow right now.

Now l think we will see BG take a more active role to protect his investment, starting with the summer clearout.

I think thpse figures of 80k a week for Neill especially, is a complete over exagreation, Neill in on between 35k - 43k per week.

All this talk abotu a clear out scares me, it's the big squad that we have got that has stopped us being in a relegation battle this year, without them next year, i honestly would fear the worse as there is not a great deal to suggest that the injury situation would improve..

Hope i'm worng.

l think you're right about Neill 45k a week, l have it on good authority from my pal at the club that Freddie gets a basic 60k a week then approx 20 + from image rights, apparently Eggy was instrumental in the deal that brought him from Arsenal, and consequently this contributed to his downfall. But l find it hard to believe that BG did'nt know Eggy was smashing the wage structure for Lazyberg so who's to blame ??

l think there's been alot of speculation in the press, especially the tabloids about exaggerated wages since the arrival of the ' money ' at Upton Park, l don't believe we have that many big earners at the club but we do have a few people in my opinion that don't deserve what they get.

Maybe we could do a wages role reversal at the club, Boa-Morte, Ljungberg and Neill could swap with Ashton, Mcartney and Green then there would be some justice !!

There is talk in the papers of a clearout this summer, hopefully that will include Freddie and Boa-Morte, seems the chairmans bank has been hit by the credit crunch :D

Hope i'm worng.

l think you're right about Neill 45k a week, l have it on good authority from my pal at the club that Freddie gets a basic 60k a week then approx 20 + from image rights, apparently Eggy was instrumental in the deal that brought him from Arsenal, and consequently this contributed to his downfall. But l find it hard to believe that BG did'nt know Eggy was smashing the wage structure for Lazyberg so who's to blame ??

l think there's been alot of speculation in the press, especially the tabloids about exaggerated wages since the arrival of the ' money ' at Upton Park, l don't believe we have that many big earners at the club but we do have a few people in my opinion that don't deserve what they get.

Maybe we could do a wages role reversal at the club, Boa-Morte, Ljungberg and Neill could swap with Ashton, Mcartney and Green then there would be some justice !!

Saw the game on the box and we probably played our best football of the season in the first 40 minutes. Newcastle were out of it and could have lost by a few. From the kickoff the side had something to prove and so did the crowd. The combination of Parker and Noble looked good. Neil looked better in the middle of the defence, Bobby Zam looked alright. Only negatives were the injury to Freddie Swede, the small number of 'supporters' booing Boa-Morte when he came on (this was drowned out by applause) and the pointless bringing on of Noberto Solano in the 94th minute. Also Faubert looked a bit wayward at times with his passing but he's not up to speed yet. However we looked pretty good and it's going to be interesting at Old Trafford, It will be strange to have all those Chelsea fans urging us on next weekend. :o Come on you Irons!

Agree that we played some of our best Football of the Season on Saturday, i enjoyed it as much as i did Man City Away in the League where i thought we did play our best Football..

I have no qualms in getting beat next week, if it stops Chelsea winning the League, then i'm all for it !! :o

So long as Reading do us a afvour in drawing, beating T*ttenham.

Anyone think we're going to spoil the Party again this weekend ??

Just the presence of our fans spoils their party. :o I heard Steve McMahon totally dismiss our chances for the match which left me with a bit of hope as he is a hopeless pundit. However it's gong to mean Parker and Noble having a good game and AC motivating the rest of the squad. The one thing that is going to motivate them is the threat of a clearout at the end of the season.So some of the fringe players like super Johnny Paintsil, Bobby Zamora, Carlton Cole(if they play, of course) are going to have to shine for the last two games. I haven't heard any news of Roooney or Vidic coming back but that could make a difference as well. Anyway I hope Tevez does the right thing and have a stinker for the cause, along with Carrick and Rio. :D

Agree that we played some of our best Football of the Season on Saturday, i enjoyed it as much as i did Man City Away in the League where i thought we did play our best Football..

I really hope we can oblige you :o

Well if you don't you'll probably go down so i don't really mind either way, small Club with a HUGE Chip which seems to be on everyone of their Fans shoulder that i've copme accross ( & there's not really that many iether that i've come accross or on the whole ) when it comes to us...

Well if you don't you'll probably go down so i don't really mind either way, small Club with a HUGE Chip which seems to be on everyone of their Fans shoulder that i've copme accross ( & there's not really that many iether that i've come accross or on the whole ) when it comes to us...

<deleted> are you on about?

We ARE a small club....a small club that thrashed you 6-0 last year if I remember correctly :D

I know of nobody at Reading with chips on their shoulders or anywhere else for that matter, and if they do...they are evenly balanced with a chip on EACH shoulder

Where did you get this rubbish from?

FYI most other teams supporters enjoy Reading's style, it's great to know that there are some West Ham fans who don't like us, those that can't forget 1/1/07 (which must have been the lowest point in your club's history) and those that have never forgiven us for sending AP your way :D

I think it is YOU Sir that have the Chip :D

<deleted> are you on about?

We ARE a small club....a small club that thrashed you 6-0 last year if I remember correctly :D

I know of nobody at Reading with chips on their shoulders or anywhere else for that matter, and if they do...they are evenly balanced with a chip on EACH shoulder

Where did you get this rubbish from?

FYI most other teams supporters enjoy Reading's style, it's great to know that there are some West Ham fans who don't like us, those that can't forget 1/1/07 (which must have been the lowest point in your club's history) and those that have never forgiven us for sending AP your way :D

I think it is YOU Sir that have the Chip :D

Not sure what part of the " that I'VE come accross " part of my post you didnt understand but never mind.

Oh & i forgot, aside from the underlined T*ttenhamesque Supporter arrogance about them, Reading Supporters are one of my favourite past times when Fishing. More chance of catching one than a day out with John Wilson & that little Sweetheart went hook, line & sinker.. :D

Edited by MSingh

Nah.....I haven't got a freaking clue what you are on about pal.

We'll just leave it there shall we?

Didn't think you would have.. :o

We'll leave it there when you've caught this big kiss i'm just about to blow at you, Mwaaaahhhh.

Hope you beat the Pond Life tomorrow.

Nah.....I haven't got a freaking clue what you are on about pal.

We'll just leave it there shall we?

Didn't think you would have.. :o

We'll leave it there when you've caught this big kiss i'm just about to blow at you, Mwaaaahhhh.

Hope you beat the Pond Life tomorrow.

Msingh it is quite ironic that Thaipauly, a long standing Thaivisa chappie, actually was being civil in replying to your thread about Reading beating Spurs, yet you still manage to turn this good natured banter into a bitter little thread?

I have not commented about WHU because they are not the issue - you are .... :D

I can't wait for your highbrow reply , it will have the Oxford Union students foaming at the mouth with verbal accolades.

ps Oh bugger I bit didn't I... :D

pps I work with a guy named M singh , he's a nob end as well

pps does it not lend a hint to the fact you are unwanted, that fellow WHU fans seem to ignore your diatribe as well ?

ppps TP , hope we have a good match tomorrow me old mate :D

I wouldn't mind too much if you beat us truth be told :D

Edited by chonabot

Cheers Chon

lets highjack the West Ham thread for a while :o

I have always had good banter with Happy Hammer who is very clued up about WH and always makes sense with his well informed responses and posts.

But unfortunately is would appear that Mr.Singh is nothing more than a terrace boy with no class whatsoever.

it's really better not to bite, just pity the unfortunate chap.

Really praying for that win today

Right lads. I go away for a few days and what happens? Please play by the rules of TV. This is the football forum and a bit of banter is alright. But!

Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Next time i will hand out warnings. Ok MSingh?

Right lads. I go away for a few days and what happens? Please play by the rules of TV. This is the football forum and a bit of banter is alright. But!

Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Time you infidels left our board. :o While I don't like to see unprovoked attacks that are clearly below the belt. Football supporters sometines say the odd throwaway remark and ignore the feelings of the other fans but the way some people are responding to MSinghs posts it would seem he has done some massive crime against humanity. Instead he's being dragged over the coals for nothiing . Let it go and don't worry about it. :D . There are more important things to think about eg who is going to lose all of their hair first, Dean Ashton or Wayne Rooney. :D

Cheers Chon

lets highjack the West Ham thread for a while :o

I have always had good banter with Happy Hammer who is very clued up about WH and always makes sense with his well informed responses and posts.

But unfortunately is would appear that Mr.Singh is nothing more than a terrace boy with no class whatsoever.

With you on this TP. Sadly there are a couple kicking around recently who seem to like to try and start arguments for no real reason.

I wont mention the other culprit who also doesn't seem to have much respect for any other club than his own. Pretty sad really, when we should be enjoying the competative football all of the clubs have served up in the EPL this year. Hence, we are down to the last 2 games with relegation and champions rights to be decided.

. Let it go and don't worry about it. :D . There are more important things to think about eg who is going to lose all of their hair first, Dean Ashton or Wayne Rooney. :o

:D:D Rooney's looking good for that one.

Any ideas why Riley gave Zamora a yellow card in the 2nd half? Seems to me that he thinks people spend money to come and watch him.

Great goal by Ashton BTW.

Any ideas why Riley gave Zamora a yellow card in the 2nd half? Seems to me that he thinks people spend money to come and watch him.

Being in the Manchester United penalty area with unsportsmanlike intent to score a goal.

I think it was handball but maybe it was shoulderball :D Man U getting the rub again in their own backyard but to be fair we gave another non-performance in the 2nd half :o

Being in the Manchester United penalty area with unsportsmanlike intent to score a goal.

I think it was handball but maybe it was shoulderball :D Man U getting the rub again in their own backyard but to be fair we gave another non-performance in the 2nd half :o

:D Okay, okay. :D

Should never have never been a yellow though.

Very suprised about the 2nd half performance considering the numerical advantage. I'll take the 3 points though. :D

No probs Jock, i apologise if my posts were against Forum rules but if i'm honest, i thought it was just a bit of banter & people wouldn't be offended by it..

It seems i was wrong & apologies again but my, how the World changes..

It's not one rule for one etc though is it because this seedms to have been overlooked ??

From Chonabot,,Quote " pps I work with a guy named M singh , he's a nob end as well..Unquote ???

For what it's worth, how would i get offended by someone who i'm never met writing something on a Public Internet Board like the above, i wouldn't & am not offended, but if i'm being dug out for what i've wrote, the above is bordering on ludicrous if it's allowed to be written & the Person who wrote it isn't warned also ??

Cheers Chon

lets highjack the West Ham thread for a while :D

Thanks for that !!!! :o

In fact it is a compliment, i am a Terrace Boy, love my Club & used to adore the Terraces, if i had my way we would still stand but that's another story altogether..

& a nice little dig at the end with the " no class " bit just to top it off, nice.. :D

& to say you won't bite ??? :D

I remember writing " hook, line & sinker " last week so i have a funny feeling that you sure did.

I should have said at the time that i was only pulling your chain & i was stupid for assuming you knew i was.. :D

Unlucky actually for the weekend, Reading look like every bit the CCC Club that they are, here's hoping & fingers crossed that Derby can get their 2nd win of the Season.. :D

( I hope this is classified as Banter because that's what it is ?? )

Taken from KUMB... :o

It has been revealed that "the crowd" who has been missing through injury for a large part of the season will be available for the final home game V Aston Villa next Sunday.

"The crowd" who has had apathy and frustration injuries for large parts of the season is a key player in West Hams plans to finish the season on a high. "The crowd" has had some notable, but far too few, appearances this season at home to Man Utd and Liverpool but has been enjoying its best form on its travels.

Manager Alan Curbishley said today "I am delighted the crowd is available today it has been instramental here at home in the past and can lead us to victory next week"

News of the availability has spread through KUMB leading to renewed hope to secure the points next week, regular poster ESM said "I shall pretent we are plaing Sp*rs next Sunday and scream my lungs out from the East Stand ".

Another regular Major added "I dont give a f*** who we f***ing play , they are all c***s in my book I am old school and I will be abusing any brummie sh*t next week "

News of the appearance of the crowd has spread across seas with Joey Sweets remarking "Go hamers Go" and BO in the far east said "This is a tough thai for us but I am please the crowd are playing it will give us the edge".

The crowd will be leading the pre match warm up with old favourites Over Land and Sea and bubbles and hopes to last the full 90 minutes.

Meanwhile over at Reading - where "the Reading Fans" are listed in the programme as the twelfth man - the crowd have announced that they will be leaving at the end of the season if they go down.

QPR are favourites to sign them, partly because, since they appear to be on the up, they will be the natural home for the disaffected glory hunter, and partly because the crowd will save a few bob in having to buy new shirts.

Meanwhile over at Reading - where "the Reading Fans" are listed in the programme as the twelfth man - the crowd have announced that they will be leaving at the end of the season if they go down.

QPR are favourites to sign them, partly because, since they appear to be on the up, they will be the natural home for the disaffected glory hunter, and partly because the crowd will save a few bob in having to buy new shirts.

:o:D That IS Funny,

thats the sort of humour I like to see on TV

No probs Jock, i apologise if my posts were against Forum rules but if i'm honest, i thought it was just a bit of banter & people wouldn't be offended by it..

It's not one rule for one etc though is it because this seedms to have been overlooked ??

From Chonabot,,Quote " pps I work with a guy named M singh , he's a nob end as well..Unquote ???

For what it's worth, how would i get offended by someone who i'm never met writing something on a Public Internet Board like the above, i wouldn't & am not offended, but if i'm being dug out for what i've wrote, the above is bordering on ludicrous if it's allowed to be written & the Person who wrote it isn't warned also ??

The warning was a public one directed at everyone. No ones warning levels have been affected by it. :o

The warning was a public one directed at everyone. No ones warning levels have been affected by it. :o

Oh right, sorry, i just thought as you only referred to me, it was just directed at me, which would have been silly seeing someone called me a Knobhead & i never directly insulted anyone !!!!

Anyway, you live & you learn.. :D

COYI

Top ten finish. I'd have taken it ,injuries or no injuries. But as it goes an achievement considering.

Up and on a bit next season, a place in Europe and that'll be superb.

Thanks Curbs, you've done alright. :o

PS

Cracking Ashton goal weren't it. :D

Well...

Last season P38 W12 D5 L21 F35 A59 PTS 41

This season P38 W13 D10 L15 F42 A50 PTS 49

It is progress yes, but it's been very boring i think & it scares me how we tailed off after we reached 40 points IE Charlton & had nothing really to play for except London pride, by January..

Still, look on the bright side, we finished above the Pond Life & Reading got relegated which i am both happy about... :o

Top ten finish. I'd have taken it ,injuries or no injuries. But as it goes an achievement considering.

Up and on a bit next season, a place in Europe and that'll be superb.

Thanks Curbs, you've done alright. :o

PS

Cracking Ashton goal weren't it. :D

I haven't seen the match or even the goal yet but I have to agree it's been a solid season despite the injuries. I think a lot of West Ham fans are complaining because every season since 2000-2001 has been a roller coaster with relegation, playoff finals, a cup final and a relegation struggle last season. so this one seems a bit flat. Stuck in middle since last summer but it's going to take time for the club to move into the top 6 or so.Curbs has definitely had a charisma by-pass operation but he knows how to run a football club. So in the short/medium term future I suppose he's the most reliable person to get the club up there. :D