West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Bellamy confirmed out for a while on teh Official Site now ( You heard it here first though :D )..

Heard it first on Monday by someone who posts all the newspaper roundups on westhamonline actually. :D

Roll on Saturday, i need my fix...

We really ought to win this one. :o

To be fair, we usually do over there.

If we win I wonder if the Duke of Edinburgh might raise a smirk though he might already be pulling the strings from behind the scenes to ensure the victory, anyway. :DB)

We also need to remember that the mighty Quashie is now fit again. It's hard to imaigine a greater comparison of the Titans than Quashie versus Konchesky, if the former should be allowed to grace the team again. :D

Should be fit enough to drive the bus or give out the drinks as the players walk off at the end of the game. Though he reminds me of Hodges, the ARP warden in Dad's Army. :D I doubt if he'll play but if he does he'll come on as a sub and get booked or sent off within 10 seconds, in the fine tradition of Johnny Moncur. :D

Sits back in armchair , puffs on pipe and pours another glass of cognac. Ahh, the soggy complacency of something nearing mid-table mediocrity and possibly to have condemned Fulham to relegation , above the Spuds too. How sweet the luxuary after five years of blood, sweat and tears. I'll take it. :o

06/07 the great escape from relegation

05/06 the FA Cup run

04/05 Playoff promotion

03/04 Playoff defeat

02/03 Relegation

How sweet the luxuary after five extrodinary years (even by West Ham standards) of blood, sweat and tears. I'll take it. :o

Too right, though there a few West Ham supporters (Westhamonline) not satisfied with our ninth place, pushing for Europe, the emergence of promising youngsters and not a sniff of going down. Maybe they didn't notice Charlton going down against Blackpool yesterday. That could have been us :D Happy that the old blood pressure has stabilised and life is lovely and boring again :D

Great compliment to us yesterday.....Ironz fans chanting "Stand up if you hate Reading stand up if you hate Reading" :o

love it...thanx for beating Fulham, they are only one of two teams worse than us right now.

I feel what you guys went through last season now.

Depressed :D

Great compliment to us yesterday.....Ironz fans chanting "Stand up if you hate Reading stand up if you hate Reading" :o

love it...thanx for beating Fulham, they are only one of two teams worse than us right now.

I feel what you guys went through last season now.

Depressed :D

You're not in the same hole as we were last season-at least not yet but you need to get going soon!. At least Derby are gone and the Duke of Edinburgh has ordered Fulham to be relegated through his contacts in the Mi5 :D that leaves a few others. Newcastle, Sunderland and Bolton could be distracted by their UEFA campaign. The spirit seems alright and you kept going and grabbed that goal at the end. However you looked pretty shakey in the centre of defence. As for West Ham having a grudge against Reading It seems unlikely, most Hammers would like to see Wigan and Fulham go down after their mini-campaign to get points deducted from us last season. Also Reading are a footballing side and are a bit more enjoyable to watch. Chin up and good luck for the run in. Your hair might change colour and your stress levels will go up but if you survive it's a great feeling :D

Great compliment to us yesterday.....Ironz fans chanting "Stand up if you hate Reading stand up if you hate Reading" :D

It would indeed have been a compliment if that had happened TP. But you either misheard or it may possibly have been Fulham chanting that ? We only reserve that particular one for Totts or Millwall (when they were worth the bother). Even Chelsea only get "Stick the Blue Flag..."

You've got a 50/50 chance of staying up still. So keep hoping for the time being. :o

Just had a good read through the previous posts, been absent for a while ( working in London!!!) so have'nt had much time to look at the forum.

Quite a few references to our league position, personally l think Curbishley has done very well considering he's had no strikers for most of the season, with the greatest respect to Carlton Cole l think the limitations with one up front are there for all to see. Had Bellamy and Ashton been fit this season l think we would be top 6 no question.

On the subject of Ashton, his recent comments in the press about Curbs costing him his England place l find amazing. Ashton has done nothing to control his weight this year and deserves to be dropped, his work rate in the games l have seen this year has been crap !!

On the plus side Freddie ' im on 60 grand a week ' Ljungberg seems to be putting in an effort at last. :o

On the subject of Ashton, his recent comments in the press about Curbs costing him his England place l find amazing. Ashton has done nothing to control his weight this year and deserves to be dropped, his work rate in the games l have seen this year has been crap !!

Ashton is cerainly an enigma and I really can't decide. I never heard about this slagging off Curbs bit, that just reinforces my opinion that he was never what I call a 'West Ham player' and that he'll move on sooner or later - possibly in the Summer ?

But to be fair to Ashton he has just come back from an horrendous injury, has lost some weight and although he's scored next to nothing for his 7.5 mil, he does hold the ball up well and I think fits well into our present style of play.

But anyway we've got Cole (who really does deserve a chance in the England set-up , imho ) and my player of the month, Freddie.

As an aside. I've got this thing stuck in me 'ead recently about having both Curbs and Bilic being in charge with either, or as technical director sort of thing. Anyone else buy it ? :o

Ashton is cerainly an enigma and I really can't decide. I never heard about this slagging off Curbs bit, that just reinforces my opinion that he was never what I call a 'West Ham player' and that he'll move on sooner or later - possibly in the Summer ?

But to be fair to Ashton he has just come back from an horrendous injury, has lost some weight and although he's scored next to nothing for his 7.5 mil, he does hold the ball up well and I think fits well into our present style of play.

But anyway we've got Cole (who really does deserve a chance in the England set-up , imho ) and my player of the month, Freddie.

As an aside. I've got this thing stuck in me 'ead recently about having both Curbs and Bilic being in charge with either, or as technical director sort of thing. Anyone else buy it ? :o

I'm pretty Happy with Curbs. He comes across as a boring old git and it shows in the interview game. He does, nevertheless, know how to run a tight ship and we have shown flashes of good football Man City away, Liverpool and Fulham with Noble gaining confidence, Freddie and even the old warhorse Bowyer getting better. The defence is obviously improved under him. The only serious question mark are the forwards but even here you can state that Carlton Cole is a much improved player under him. Ashton is the enigma as you say but he has done it in the past so maybe he needs a more suitable partner, ie Bellend or even Zamora. If we are still drifting around 9th or 10th around April then I'd like to see him bring in a couple of youngsters into the first team. As for super Slaven Bilic coming in -not a bad idea - but could he do it at club level? I'm not convinced yet. Anyway I'm happy with our progress and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D

I'm pretty Happy with Curbs. He comes across as a boring old git and it shows in the interview game. He does, nevertheless, know how to run a tight ship and we have shown flashes of good football Man City away, Liverpool and Fulham with Noble gaining confidence, Freddie and even the old warhorse Bowyer getting better. The defence is obviously improved under him. The only serious question mark are the forwards but even here you can state that Carlton Cole is a much improved player under him. Ashton is the enigma as you say but he has done it in the past so maybe he needs a more suitable partner, ie Bellend or even Zamora. If we are still drifting around 9th or 10th around April then I'd like to see him bring in a couple of youngsters into the first team. As for super Slaven Bilic coming in -not a bad idea - but could he do it at club level? I'm not convinced yet. Anyway I'm happy with our progress and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D

Don't get me wrong, I've been a Curbs man since before even Pardew was appointed, let alone Roeder. And that hasn't changed one iota. But I really think that Bilic and Curbs would make a complimentary managership. But there again look what happened to Bonzo with Harry ? Still different Board different philosophy , I hope. Just sort of threw the Bilic bit out there really.

But, " Bowyer getting better." :D Can't say that I've noticed him playing, even though he's been on the pitch. Sorry, keddy, but the only time I have noticed him is when I've been screaming at the box to get him off.

There was talk in the english papers of some ltalian fella coming in as the technical director, can't remember his name, also they reckon we're after Bent again.

What worries me at the moment his the chairman, is he in it for the long haul, because one thing you learn being a life long hammer's fan is that nothing happens overnight at the Bolyen, and Curbishley has done a remarkable job to steady the sinking ship. My worry is does he want a quick return on his money or is he staying to build the new stadium and carry out his promises ?? They say he fell out with Magnusson because he splashed his cash on too many expensive flops, are the current moves to reign in the purse strings at Upton Park the next stage of the plan, or a money saving exercise before selling.

l think all that talk of making the club a top 4 side when they took over was a little naive, and premature to say it would happen within a few years. Firstly we have to get it right on the pitch, and l think slowly but surely Curbishley is doing that, it all takes time, just ask Liverpool !! Personally l don't like Curbishley l think he lacks the technical ability to take us to the top, but you can't knock the job he has done under difficult circumstances, so maybe he will prove me wrong over time ?? :o:D

There was talk in the english papers of some ltalian fella coming in as the technical director, can't remember his name, also they reckon we're after Bent again.

What worries me at the moment his the chairman, is he in it for the long haul, because one thing you learn being a life long hammer's fan is that nothing happens overnight at the Bolyen, and Curbishley has done a remarkable job to steady the sinking ship. My worry is does he want a quick return on his money or is he staying to build the new stadium and carry out his promises ?? They say he fell out with Magnusson because he splashed his cash on too many expensive flops, are the current moves to reign in the purse strings at Upton Park the next stage of the plan, or a money saving exercise before selling.

l think all that talk of making the club a top 4 side when they took over was a little naive, and premature to say it would happen within a few years. Firstly we have to get it right on the pitch, and l think slowly but surely Curbishley is doing that, it all takes time, just ask Liverpool !! Personally l don't like Curbishley l think he lacks the technical ability to take us to the top, but you can't knock the job he has done under difficult circumstances, so maybe he will prove me wrong over time ?? :o:D

I think that Nani qill be a good addition. Curbs knows about premiership and lower league domestic players. Tony Carr knows all about getting decent youngsters and turning them into first team regulars. The new guy knows about European and South American talent. Stay clear of injury prone players and we've got every area covered. :D

But dear god, not Bent. Why ?

l think all that talk of making the club a top 4 side when they took over was a little naive, and premature to say it would happen within a few years. Firstly we have to get it right on the pitch, and l think slowly but surely Curbishley is doing that, it all takes time, just ask Liverpool !! Personally l don't like Curbishley l think he lacks the technical ability to take us to the top, but you can't knock the job he has done under difficult circumstances, so maybe he will prove me wrong over time ?? :D:D

I think that Nani qill be a good addition. Curbs knows about premiership and lower league domestic players. Tony Carr knows all about getting decent youngsters and turning them into first team regulars. The new guy knows about European and South American talent. Stay clear of injury prone players and we've got every area covered. :D

Maybe the Bent transfer saga might turn out to be Bendtner transfer. He's still raw but he definitely has a lot of confidence and positive energy. Maybe we should have taken him on loan as a stop-gap if Wenger could have been persuaded last January . As for Bowyer He hasn't been that fantastic the last couple of games he's played in but looking at the season overall he has played to the levels he was at with Leeds. He's probably still not 100 percent after that recent op. As for the Italian technical director it wouldn't happen to be Paulo DiCanio by any chance? :o

l think all that talk of making the club a top 4 side when they took over was a little naive, and premature to say it would happen within a few years. Firstly we have to get it right on the pitch, and l think slowly but surely Curbishley is doing that, it all takes time, just ask Liverpool !! Personally l don't like Curbishley l think he lacks the technical ability to take us to the top, but you can't knock the job he has done under difficult circumstances, so maybe he will prove me wrong over time ?? :D:D

Maybe the Bent transfer saga might turn out to be Bendtner transfer. He's still raw but he definitely has a lot of confidence and positive energy. Maybe we should have taken him on loan as a stop-gap if Wenger could have been persuaded last January . As for Bowyer He hasn't been that fantastic the last couple of games he's played in but looking at the season overall he has played to the levels he was at with Leeds. He's probably still not 100 percent after that recent op. As for the Italian technical director it wouldn't happen to be Paulo DiCanio by any chance? :o

l think the Bent thing is a rumour from Ramos himself, hoping it might generate a bit of interest in him,what did spurs pay for his services ?? God l hope we don't get him !

l wish it was Paulo but unfortunately not. Can't remember his name just had a look on the net but no luck.

lntresting to see Thaksin returning to Thailand Thursday, can the Mancs see their transfer kitty dissapearing before their very eyes ?? Or maybe the reverse who knows ??

Please disregard my last post, as HH quite rightly points out the guys name is Nani, what a <deleted> l am !!

This London weather is doing my nut in making my mind go to mush !!

Maybe they will have room for me on that flight Thursday !

l wish it was Paulo but unfortunately not. Can't remember his name just had a look on the net but no luck.

I've already said it's Nani, Gianluca Nani. :o

:D

Nothing confirmed yet Gentlemen with regards to the Technical Director or whatever the position is called. I disagree about Ashton, surely it is the Manager, Coaching & Fitness Staff's job to keep they Guy fit & in shape, Ashton obviously can't be eating Kebab's at 3 in the morning but it's the Medical & Fitness Staff, who Curbishley is in charge of, that ultimately keeps him in shape, surely ?

Do people honestly, in their heart of hearts, believe Cole is worthy of an England call up as someone said recently ? I think Carlton Cole is probably our most improved Player this year, for sure, but he is by no means a good Striker, his second touch of the ball is invariably a sliding tackle & i would rather have Ashton, 10 times out of 10, overweight or not, take a goalscoring chance for WHU than him .

I've already said it's Nani, Gianluca Nani. :o

Nothing confirmed yet Gentlemen with regards to the Technical Director or whatever the position is called. I disagree about Ashton, surely it is the Manager, Coaching & Fitness Staff's job to keep they Guy fit & in shape, Ashton obviously can't be eating Kebab's at 3 in the morning but it's the Medical & Fitness Staff, who Curbishley is in charge of, that ultimately keeps him in shape, surely ?

Do people honestly, in their heart of hearts, believe Cole is worthy of an England call up as someone said recently ? I think Carlton Cole is probably our most improved Player this year, for sure, but he is by no means a good Striker, his second touch of the ball is invariably a sliding tackle & i would rather have Ashton, 10 times out of 10, overweight or not, take a goalscoring chance for WHU than him .

Have to pull rank on you here mate sorry, l work as a personal trainer Ashton is not controlling what goes in his mouth period, with the amount of training premership footballers do and the calories they burn they can get away with eating more food than the average joe, infact they need more calories to be able to sustain the training. Now unless Deano has a Thyroid problem that we are not aware of or some other related medical condition, he has a simple case of fat git problem !! The staff cannot sit at home with him and control what goes in his mouth.

Would agree with you regarding Cole, his commitment his 105% but unfornately his skills don't match his desire. Hopefully Zamora is back this week l think he good make an impact straightaway if his fitness is ok.

Would agree with you regarding Cole, his commitment his 105% but unfornately his skills don't match his desire. Hopefully Zamora is back this week l think he good make an impact straightaway if his fitness is ok.

To be fair, it's more Zamora who displays 110 % commitment , but is all too often more huff and puff than ability. It's just that it took longer to warm to Cole for a whole hosst of reasons - confidence being an early handicap in his case. I rate Cole as a far better forward than Zamora and the natural choice, whereas Zamora is a very good squad player.

IMO, of course.

Any predicictions for tomorrow ? I'm going for a 2-3.

Erm, I mean 2-2. :o

Curbishley has already stated in the press this week he intends to play Cole up front on his own, so the chances of getting 2 goals out of this system l think are remote. 1-1 Faubert to score his first goal.

Did you watch the Sheffield United Boro game in the week, l laughed mr bo##ocks off at the goal Boro scored, maybe they could sue us for the manner in which the goal went in !!

My dad has got all twisted over the whole issue he takes upon himself to write on the Sheffield Utd blogs at least twice a week, maybe when the legal action ends l can get him some counselling and he might stop !!! :D

Erm, I mean 2-2. :o

Curbishley has already stated in the press this week he intends to play Cole up front on his own, so the chances of getting 2 goals out of this system l think are remote. 1-1 Faubert to score his first goal.

Did you watch the Sheffield United Boro game in the week, l laughed mr bo##ocks off at the goal Boro scored, maybe they could sue us for the manner in which the goal went in !!

My dad has got all twisted over the whole issue he takes upon himself to write on the Sheffield Utd blogs at least twice a week, maybe when the legal action ends l can get him some counselling and he might stop !!! :D

It's about time Mark Noble scored a goal from open play. I'm going for 2-1, with Freddie getting the other. Some overpaid prima donna getting their consolation goal. As for Sheff Utd the whole campaign seems to have overshadowed their attempt to get back up and has been a big distraction. Though maybe your Dad should counter-sue McCabe for causing high levels of stress and and an increase in blood pressure. :D

Have to pull rank on you here mate sorry, l work as a personal trainer Ashton is not controlling what goes in his mouth period, with the amount of training premership footballers do and the calories they burn they can get away with eating more food than the average joe, infact they need more calories to be able to sustain the training. Now unless Deano has a Thyroid problem that we are not aware of or some other related medical condition, he has a simple case of fat git problem !! The staff cannot sit at home with him and control what goes in his mouth.

That's fair enough then with the Ashton thing, he really should be more reasponsible himself then i suppose, it's a shame too as i really think Ashton could be a very, very good Player but he simply is too overweight, i did actually think he looked like he lost some weight when he came on against Fulham, did anyone else notice ??

1-1 today Gentlemen, 1-2 at Anfield, our first win in 1,000,000 years & then a sneaky 0-3 at <deleted> Fart Lane.. :o

That's fair enough then with the Ashton thing, he really should be more reasponsible himself then i suppose, it's a shame too as i really think Ashton could be a very, very good Player but he simply is too overweight, i did actually think he looked like he lost some weight when he came on against Fulham, did anyone else notice ??

1-1 today Gentlemen, 1-2 at Anfield, our first win in 1,000,000 years & then a sneaky 0-3 at <deleted> Fart Lane.. :o

Ashton's problem is he gets the weight off but then puts it back on just as quickly, but as you say he's a great player there is no doubt about that.

l fancy 1-1 today can't see where we could nick 2 goals from playing Cole upfront on his own, but you know the way West Ham are, drawing against B'ham, losing at Wigan probably win 3-0 today !!

I've got this idea that we're goint to win at Anfield too.

But there again:

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man."

Friedrich Nietzsche

1-1 today Gentlemen, 1-2 at Anfield, our first win in 1,000,000 years & then a sneaky 0-3 at <deleted> Fart Lane.. :D

But there again:

Friedrich Nietzsche

Great quote HH but as you know hope is always seen as the teasing, tantalising thing it really is, when we sing 'Bubbles' :o

1-1 today Gentlemen, 1-2 at Anfield, our first win in 1,000,000 years & then a sneaky 0-3 at <deleted> Fart Lane.. :D

But there again:

Friedrich Nietzsche

Great quote HH but as you know hope is always seen as the teasing, tantalising thing it really is, when we sing 'Bubbles' :o

Good point about the greatly inspiring 'Bubbles'.

Anyway, always look on the bright side of life. de dum, de dum, de dum, de dum.

Spurs lost 4-1

Geordies lost 1-0

Villa only gained a point

Reo Coker injured

Lampard sent off

Sears scored for the U18's

Beware Scousers of the bite from the wounded animal. :D