West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Im off the opinion that the big teams ie Barcas/ Man U/ Real/ Juve etc... only get rid of these players as theyre not up to the job anymore and often never will be again, theyve made their money are reaching 30s when training gets that little bit harder and dont have the heart or speed for giving it 100% anymore.

Theres no doubt he can still do a job but only well enough for mid table obscurity.

Robbie Fowler is the epitomy of this new breed.

Gudjohnsens no great coup IMO but you never know.

But we never aspire to be in the same League as Barca, Real, Man Ure ( even though we have beat them 3 tiomes in our last 4 meetings :o ) et all so i'll gladly take a 30 year old Eidur Gudjohnsson thank you very much..

If the same applies to Players in that age group that you mention, then what do you make of T*ttenham signing a discarded 18 year old from Barca that's fee could rise to 8.4m, Dos Santos ??? :D

No brainer in my opinion, fingers crossed for Gudjohnsson at the Boleyn..

---------------------Green---------------------

---------Ferdinand----Upson----Neill---------

Faubert-----------------------------N'Zogbia

---------------Parker-----Dyer---------------

-------------------Gudjohnsen---------------

--------------Bellamy-----Ashton----------

:o

That'll do for me HH, is there anything in the N'zogbia or is he just on your personal wish list ?? :D

That'll do for me HH, is there anything in the N'zogbia or is he just on your personal wish list ?? :D

If N'zogbia doesn't show then push Dyer back in that slot and carry on with Mark Noble in the middle with Parker. Faubert at left back is a good idea -if he can tackle but even if he can't I like your thinking :D

Well, we haven't signed him yet mate.

Come to think of it neither have we Gudjohnsen. :D

Lennon and McCartney anyone? :D

IF it's true that Ferdinand is joining the Spuds and Lennon coming to us.

They were always better as a pair so yes bring him on and with Spector :D at the controls too, it would be a groovy little combination. :D but for hard cash, please! We don't want to lose Anton. :o

They were always better as a pair so yes bring him on and with Spector at the controls too, it would be a groovy little combination. :D but for hard cash, please! We don't want to lose Anton. :o

:D

I think it's all silly season crap too. We've even been linked with Reading's James Harper. Don't ask me. :D

Please Allah/God/Buddah, not Aaron Lennon in a WHU Shirt, please, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

I despise him, jumped up little cheating, prancing, T*ttenham Pr*ck...

NO THANK YOU..

( In though your nose & out through your mouth Mr Singh :o )

A good start to the Season for us i think Gents & i am pretty sure i am going to treat myself to a trip accross the Pacific for the 2 Games in N America too as i am going on Holiday & i think that may be a pretty good one, unfortunately on my own though..

Fixtures

Thursday, 24 July 2008

Friendly Match

MLS All-Stars v West Ham,

Saturday, 16 August 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Wigan, 15:00

Saturday, 23 August 2008

Barclays Premier League

Man City v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 30 August 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Blackburn, 15:00

Saturday, 13 September 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Brom v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 20 September 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Newcastle, 15:00

Saturday, 27 September 2008

Barclays Premier League

Fulham v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 04 October 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Bolton, 15:00

Saturday, 18 October 2008

Barclays Premier League

Hull v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 25 October 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Arsenal, 15:00

Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd v West Ham, 19:45

Saturday, 01 November 2008

Barclays Premier League

Middlesbrough v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 08 November 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Everton, 15:00

Saturday, 15 November 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Portsmouth, 15:00

Saturday, 22 November 2008

Barclays Premier League

Sunderland v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 29 November 2008

Barclays Premier League

Liverpool v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 06 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Tottenham, 15:00

Saturday, 13 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

Chelsea v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 20 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Aston Villa, 15:00

Friday, 26 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

Portsmouth v West Ham, 15:00

Sunday, 28 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Stoke, 15:00

Saturday, 10 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Newcastle v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 17 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Fulham, 15:00

Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Hull, 19:45

Saturday, 31 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 07 February 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 21 February 2009

Barclays Premier League

Bolton v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 28 February 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Man City, 15:00

Tuesday, 03 March 2009

Barclays Premier League

Wigan v West Ham, 19:45

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v West Brom, 15:00

Saturday, 21 March 2009

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 04 April 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Sunderland, 15:00

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Barclays Premier League

Tottenham v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Chelsea, 15:00

Saturday, 02 May 2009

Barclays Premier League

Stoke v West Ham, 15:00

Saturday, 09 May 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 16 May 2009

Barclays Premier League

Everton v West Ham, 15:00

Sunday, 24 May 2009

Barclays Premier League

West Ham v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Just wondering what your thoughts were for the coming season ?? Do you think not having any new faces at the club will add continuity, or do you think the lack of investment will hurt us ??

Seems Villa are the latest club to be linked with Anton Ferdinand today, with West Ham reputedly asking 8 million for him, interesting to see where this goes ??

The wife has forced me to get a settlement visa for the UK so will be seeing lot more games this season, wonder if l can get one for her by herself !!!!

:o:D

Just wondering what your thoughts were for the coming season ?? Do you think not having any new faces at the club will add continuity, or do you think the lack of investment will hurt us ??

Seems Villa are the latest club to be linked with Anton Ferdinand today, with West Ham reputedly asking 8 million for him, interesting to see where this goes ??

The wife has forced me to get a settlement visa for the UK so will be seeing lot more games this season, wonder if l can get one for her by herself !!!!

:D:D

I'm not very optimistic personally. The Manager doesn't inspire me or excite me, i worry about the Injury situation, don't really expect us to do a great deal in the League or, given Curbishley's record over the past 15 years, the 2 Cups either, think we may finish 10th again with T*ttenham finishing above us but us finishing above Blackburn, all in all another Season of not being entertained really as wa sthe majority of last Season..

& as for not strenghtening, utter madness, if we believe we have the perfect squad then serious questions need to be asked of that Person who made that decision because it's simply not true & if we can't improve on what we've got, then we may aswell give up ..

If BG doesn't want to part with money, then that scares the living sh*t out of me because taking into account Sales $$ incoming aswell as outgoing, he hasn't really spent that much money in modern day Football terms...

Still, saying all that, i'm more than envious of you going next year when i'm not, enjoy every minute Mate & think of us watching True Sport Extra 2 won't you ?? :o

Edited by MSingh

May the stars of Major League SOCCER beat West Ham thoroughly.

The only major thing about it is the (super) size bellies of the spectators. Anyway it should be a stroll in the grass with the result of little importance. I'm looking forward more to the Cubs winning the rounders this year in the 'world series' (sic) but as for AMERICAN RUGBY, HOOPBALL and PADDED HOCKEY I don't give a monkey's gonads. :o

The only major thing about it is the (super) size bellies of the spectators. Anyway it should be a stroll in the grass with the result of little importance. I'm looking forward more to the Cubs winning the rounders this year in the 'world series' (sic) but as for AMERICAN RUGBY, HOOPBALL and PADDED HOCKEY I don't give a monkey's gonads. :D

I got my Tix yesterday, $200 USD which is extortionate oif you ask me but i'm looking forward to it immensely. Just to let you know, in the previous 2 years of the Game against Chelsea & Celtic respectively, the MLS All Stars have always won, i don't fancy losing to the ASmericans & will go for a Gudjohnsson brace in a 2-1 win for the Hammers. I'll post some Pics Guys as a Postcard.. :o

:D:D

I'm not very optimistic personally. The Manager doesn't inspire me or excite me, i worry about the Injury situation, don't really expect us to do a great deal in the League or, given Curbishley's record over the past 15 years, the 2 Cups either, think we may finish 10th again with T*ttenham finishing above us but us finishing above Blackburn, all in all another Season of not being entertained really as wa sthe majority of last Season..

& as for not strenghtening, utter madness, if we believe we have the perfect squad then serious questions need to be asked of that Person who made that decision because it's simply not true & if we can't improve on what we've got, then we may aswell give up ..

If BG doesn't want to part with money, then that scares the living sh*t out of me because taking into account Sales $$ incoming aswell as outgoing, he hasn't really spent that much money in modern day Football terms...

Still, saying all that, i'm more than envious of you going next year when i'm not, enjoy every minute Mate & think of us watching True Sport Extra 2 won't you ?? :o

l think you could be right, mid-table at best is looking likely, you have to look at the investment teams around us are making not to mention the huge gulf from the top 4 to the next tier down.

Pompey and spurs seem to be spending a few quid, so will be intresting to see where finish relative to us.

Really hope the injury situation improves this year or else we could find ourselves dead in the water. On the flip-side if we can get our A team fit who knows ??

Have to strengthen the midfield this year Bowyer and Etherington are not cutting it for me.

Have to strenghten every year if you ask me Mark. Middle of the Park ?? Parker aside, we're not good enough. Right Back ?? Certainly could be improved on as could Left Back even though Macartney did have a good Season, Centre Backs ?? Upson had a great year, Gabbidon massively out of favout or injured & Collins has cruciate Knee Ligamant damage so a long time out, Ferdiannad rumours won't go away so that's another area we could strengthen, Laft Hand Side of Midfield ?? LBM & Etherington, i'll say no more, Right Hand side of Midfield ?? Faubert/Ljungberg/Bowyer, we are ok there i think, Strikers ?? BZ not good enough, CC not good enough, Ashton = Good enough but injury prone, Bellamy = See Ashton

I haven't mentioned Keiron Dyer as although i like Dyer a lot, i just can't help thinking even if he didn't break his Leg in an unfortunate accident, he'd have got an injury somewhere else down the line which is a crazy thing to think but just true..

If we have an Injry situation on a par or close to what we had last year, be prepared for a Relegation battle Gents..

If we stay relatively fit, we could possibly finish as high as 8th, but no more than that, i'll go for 10th again..

Major League soccer ? In footballing nations the truth is that most, if not all of those teams would be playing in our minor leagues. :o

Apart from,which, yer 'ammers I predict 7th this season. But Ashton to leave in the January transfer market.

Major League soccer ? In footballing nations the truth is that most, if not all of those teams would be playing in our minor leagues. :o

Apart from,which, yer 'ammers I predict 7th this season. But Ashton to leave in the January transfer market.

I can't see how both would be possible, if we are to finish 7th it means we would have started very, very strongly in which case Ashton would be scoreing a plenty, yet if he was to leave after just signing a new & improved Contract, based on the fact that he'd be scoring a plenty, he'd go for some serious, serious $$$$.. :D

I can't see how both would be possible, if we are to finish 7th it means we would have started very, very strongly in which case Ashton would be scoreing a plenty, yet if he was to leave after just signing a new & improved Contract, based on the fact that he'd be scoring a plenty, he'd go for some serious, serious $$$$.. :o

I don't know either. Both are just a hunch. I predicted 7th at the end of last seaon , but I may have to flip-flop a bit come Christmas. :D

Altough I really think that the vultures are hovering, waiting to see how a fully fit Ashton performs first half of the season. But as you say, that'd be serious £000,000's (to invest in a replacement ?)

No i can't see it thankfully HH, i think Ashton will be a West Ham Player for the foreseeable & the day that he isn't will mean only that he is at top form & banging them in for us ( who knows, it may lead to a Cup with a bit of luck ) & moving to a CL Club which you sadly couldn't blame him for doing, for big $$ Buckeroo's too..

OK fair enough. But you can understand my sensibilities about the possibility of gloating idiots from an antitetical team. And being somewhat pissed off anyway.

Although to be banned by a Totts may have a slight ring of honour to it. :D

mm how would that spurs fan b "pissed off" as u put it by a west ham team, loads of money and u had success last season with ur wealthy new owner, top of the bottom half of the league. congrats :o:D

OK fair enough. But you can understand my sensibilities about the possibility of gloating idiots from an antitetical team. And being somewhat pissed off anyway.

mm how would that spurs fan b "pissed off" as u put it by a west ham team, loads of money and u had success last season with ur wealthy new owner, top of the bottom half of the league. congrats :o:D

If i'm reading the above right, which isn't easy...........

How about West Ham having a bad Season using our Reserve Team for two thirds of the Season due to our own fault admittedly of an inexcusable Injury situation, spending less money than you did, selling more Players than you did, yet finishing above you ???

Edited by MSingh

mm how would that spurs fan b "pissed off" as u put it by a west ham team, loads of money and u had success last season with ur wealthy new owner, top of the bottom half of the league. congrats :D:D

How about West Ham having a bad Season using our Reserve Team for two thirds of the Season due to our own fault admittedly of an inexcusable Injury situation, spending less money than you did, selling more Players than you did, yet finishing above you ???

l second that !! :o

mm how would that spurs fan b "pissed off" as u put it by a west ham team, loads of money and u had success last season with ur wealthy new owner, top of the bottom half of the league. congrats :D:D

l second that !! :D

& just to add a correction to the Slave, depending if i read it right which isn't guranteed as i've read his post a dozen times now & am still wondering what Language it's written in, West Ham finished bottom of the Top half of the Table, T*ttenham finished Top of the bottom half of the Table..:o

West Ham have signed fitness coach Donough Holohan from Colchester, previous clubs include Hull and Preston. Now lm not knocking his ability but if this is the club's response to the injury crisis then lm flabbergasted.

lt appears we will not be spending much in the summer, so if we are relying on getting our A team fit then l would have thought solving the injury problems would have been of paramount importance.

Man Utd employ a team of top sports scientists, and l think it shows, last season they played many more games than us with no injury crisis.

What cost more 2 or 3 good sport scientists or 1 striker ??? :o:D

West Ham have signed fitness coach Donough Holohan from Colchester, previous clubs include Hull and Preston. Now lm not knocking his ability but if this is the club's response to the injury crisis then lm flabbergasted.

lt appears we will not be spending much in the summer, so if we are relying on getting our A team fit then l would have thought solving the injury problems would have been of paramount importance.

Man Utd employ a team of top sports scientists, and l think it shows, last season they played many more games than us with no injury crisis.

What cost more 2 or 3 good sport scientists or 1 striker ??? :D:D

Well, i found this, worrying, it is for me ????

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/mostpopular....jury_layoff.php

I think an awful lot of our problems this season has come from our fitness side of things, or lack of it to be more acruate.

The players pre match warm up now is back to the Whitton era, the odd ball being kicked at goal and plenty of chatting and laughing around ????

Stuart Ayles had them buzzing, they would do a proper warm up and the benefits of his work was plain to see.

I understand Tony Flynn is the physio, but he looks more like a dart player (if you know what I mean) anyone who was at Yeovil and saw when Stuart Ayles took his shirt off would know he certainly practises what he preaches and perhaps this Donough Holohan isn't all that hot either.

I would be a lot happier to see less of the clowning around like we are top of the league and a lot more serious stuff going on.

=======

Have to agree with a lot of that, although McLeods injury wasn't down to that since he hadn't been here a week.

A lot of things have gone back to the Whitton era unfortunately. Phil Parkinson brought this club forward leaps and bounds in terms of professionalism, the fitness and motivation levels improved dramatically and a winning mentality was instilled in the players. We did well in cup competitions which had been a major problem for many years.

We are now back to getting knocked out as early as possible in cups by lower league opposition, the fitness levels are way down, the professionalism has disappeared and mistakes at both ends of the pitch are continually made. Williams doesn't have a clue how to change a game whereas Parkinson often did. The players don't look interested most of the time and the winning mentality has gone, we can no longer string two wins together and even getting one consecutive win has been very rare this season.

===========

But the good news, Gudjohnsson will be a West Ham Player before i jet off to the N America Tour, i'll have 20 THB of anyone's money. ??? :o