Frenchman murdered on Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

Frenchman murdered on Koh Samui

dn.png

Police have launched a murder investigation after a French man was found dead in Koh Samui on Thursday.

Police found the body of the victim who suffered stab wounds to the face and neck floating face down at the Tan Rua waterfall just before 9.30am.

Police said the victim [name withheld] also suffered head injuries from being hit with a hard object.

The man's body has been sent to Surat Thani hospital for post mortem examination.

Thai media reports another foreign man, believed to be known to the deceased has been questioned by police, with claims the two men had a disagreement over a business dealing.

UPDATE

French restaurant owner arrested for murder of fellow Frenchman in Samui

dn.png

Image: Daily News

The French owner of a restaurant in Koh Samui has been arrested for the murder of a businessman.

The body of the victim [name withheld] was found at the Tan Rua waterfall.

Three men are believed involved in his his death. Two men have fled.

Arrested on Friday afternoon was Jean Paul Celine (name transliterated from Thai), 43, a restaurant owner on the holiday island. 

Two other men named only as Yves and George are wanted.

The murder relates to a business conflict over the sale of another restaurant. 

It was originally to be handled by the deceased but after one of the wanted men got involved in the sale an argument ensued that resulted in the murder of the victim.

Those responsible believed they could toss the body at the falls and make it look like drowning, said police.

Samui police chief Phaitoon Krajajang led the arrest on Thursday afternoon of the Frenchman.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-08

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Loeilad said:

More silly photos from the Police station

why is it that the police always present their case - or several versions of it to the press

1 - Before the investigation is complete

2 - before it goes to court?

yea the general said no parading of suspects or photos from what i remember. almost every business i have heard of with partners in thailand has had problems. many of them violent. better to go it alone if you are going to go into business here but then i guess only one person has to cop the complete annual losses.

20 minutes ago, mcfish said:

About to get a lot harder

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Especially if his ID saying he's 43 proves totally false and he is much older, as he appears, and very wanted...

Speculation, but it fits the scenario.

The media have reported that the police said that those responsible thought...

Even if the media could be relied on to report accurately, the police don't appear to have made any assumptions of their own other than the fact that this is a murder case and they have arrested suspects.

The only criticism I have so far is the use of photos that could encourage bias.

20 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I can't imagine killing anyone. it's not in my DNA. I wouldnt want that on my mind for the rest of my life.

I read many books about true killer stories. I have noticed that most killers seem to be either very smart, or very stupid.....not much inbetween.....but what they both have in common is they think they are smarter than the police. One case today where an Australian doctor killed his wife with an overdose of insulin. This guy seemed to be totally ignorant on computers, as the police found two days before he killed his wife he had been doing research on insulin overdose on his computer. He could have done this research in a cyber cafe with less chance of being found out. And he used a prescription for insulin he had written for another woman patient....not smart. And he had insurance on his wife, and a mistress he spent the night with after injecting his wife.

Another one in Washington State in the USA.....the wrong guy got convicted and ten years in prison. The killer confessed later and only did eight years before being released.....something wrong with this picture.

1 minute ago, Mansell said:

I read many books about true killer stories. I have noticed that most killers seem to be either very smart, or very stupid.....not much inbetween.....but what they both have in common is they think they are smarter than the police. One case today where an Australian doctor killed his wife with an overdose of insulin. This guy seemed to be totally ignorant on computers, as the police found two days before he killed his wife he had been doing research on insulin overdose on his computer. He could have done this research in a cyber cafe with less chance of being found out. And he used a prescription for insulin he had written for another woman patient....not smart. And he had insurance on his wife, and a mistress he spent the night with after injecting his wife.

Another one in Washington State in the USA.....the wrong guy got convicted and ten years in prison. The killer confessed later and only did eight years before being released.....something wrong with this picture.

Ya your right..something wrong with this picture.

I read the khaosod news in Thai and I don't know who the hell wrote this article here in Thaivisa. I had to make sure if it was even the same murder case or not.

First of all, there were no reports of stab wounds, but 3 bullet wounds from gunshot to the head.

The deceased is a 44 year old male who was running a property business here in Samui.

There were 3 suspects, "George Michel" (จอร์จ มิเชล) is 64 years old, and "Yves (อีฟ) [last name unknown]"  age unknown, and "Jean Paul Celine" (ฌอง ปอล ซีริล) age 43 which is supposed to be the owner of the restaurant.
Names were only available as transliterated in Thai, so the correct spelling in Latin is unsure.

The story tells that the deceased was supposed to be sole agent of handling the sale of the restaurant. He then got news that the owner was gonna sell directly without the involvement of the deceased. The deceased arranged a meeting at the restaurant between 3 other people and confronted them about his frustration, when one of the men in the group shot him point blank to the head. When the deceased fell, he was shot 2 more times to the head (obviously to make sure he's dead).

The men then dragged the body to the back of the restaurant and wrapped it in black cloth. Then put the body on a Mazda pickup truck and drove to dispose the body at the stream near the waterfall.

The police managed to apprehend and arrest "Jean", the restaurant owner. They also managed to catch "George" when he was about to board the ferry.
The picture we see in the first post must obviously be of 64 year old "George" and not "Jean".

"Yves" is still at large, and the police are anticipating he is in hiding somewhere on the island because ferry ports and airports has been notified.

There are also police checkpoints all over Samui.

1 hour ago, Mole said:

I read the khaosod news in Thai and I don't know who the hell wrote this article here in Thaivisa. I had to make sure if it was even the same murder case or not.

First of all, there were no reports of stab wounds, but 3 bullet wounds from gunshot to the head.

The deceased is a 44 year old male who was running a property business here in Samui.

There were 3 suspects, "George Michel" (จอร์จ มิเชล) is 64 years old, and "Yves (อีฟ) [last name unknown]"  age unknown, and "Jean Paul Celine" (ฌอง ปอล ซีริล) age 43 which is supposed to be the owner of the restaurant.
Names were only available as transliterated in Thai, so the correct spelling in Latin is unsure.

The story tells that the deceased was supposed to be sole agent of handling the sale of the restaurant. He then got news that the owner was gonna sell directly without the involvement of the deceased. The deceased arranged a meeting at the restaurant between 3 other people and confronted them about his frustration, when one of the men in the group shot him point blank to the head. When the deceased fell, he was shot 2 more times to the head (obviously to make sure he's dead).

The men then dragged the body to the back of the restaurant and wrapped it in black cloth. Then put the body on a Mazda pickup truck and drove to dispose the body at the stream near the waterfall.

The police managed to apprehend and arrest "Jean", the restaurant owner. They also managed to catch "George" when he was about to board the ferry.
The picture we see in the first post must obviously be of 64 year old "George" and not "Jean".

"Yves" is still at large, and the police are anticipating he is in hiding somewhere on the island because ferry ports and airports has been notified.

There are also police checkpoints all over Samui.

I can confirm the man in the picture is George, long time restaurant owner and wine seller in Maenam. He was involved in an altercation a few years ago where shots were fired outside his restaurant, another French caught one in the leg. The case was then 'settled' quietly.

56 minutes ago, longtom said:

I can confirm the man in the picture is George, long time restaurant owner and wine seller in Maenam. He was involved in an altercation a few years ago where shots were fired outside his restaurant, another French caught one in the leg. The case was then 'settled' quietly.

Thanks, I was sure the pictured gentleman looked familiar and is a local restaurant owner.

11 hours ago, balo said:

A lot of foreigners with criminal backgrounds in their home country open up business in Thailand.  I am not surprised. 

when u meet fellow falangs in los u really never know which shady character u just meet.....and it begins in the airplane suddenly u face a strange subculture of human kind .... better meet make friends and hang out with thais , after all the people and their culture makes up the land u choose to live or visit....

Archived