Frenchman murdered on Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

There seems to be a rather large community here in Thailand of people who are from the South of France. I see a lot of them in Pattaya, and when I visited South Thailand I also noticed the prevalence of Southern accents among French expats in the area.

Well, the South of France is known for its beauty but also for its very high crime rate, the presence of long established mafias, and now also the extreme right. Not exactly a nest of well-wishing, peaceful and law abiding do-gooders. As another poster said, a lot of bad guys from the West have established businesses in Thailand over the last 20-30 years, and they didn't come here for the weather or the Thai smile but simply because they risked being arrested in their own countries. They give other Western expats a bad name and it's very irritating. Bad guys out ? Yes please.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Mansell said:

I read many books about true killer stories. I have noticed that most killers seem to be either very smart, or very stupid.....not much inbetween.....but what they both have in common is they think they are smarter than the police. One case today where an Australian doctor killed his wife with an overdose of insulin. This guy seemed to be totally ignorant on computers, as the police found two days before he killed his wife he had been doing research on insulin overdose on his computer. He could have done this research in a cyber cafe with less chance of being found out. And he used a prescription for insulin he had written for another woman patient....not smart. And he had insurance on his wife, and a mistress he spent the night with after injecting his wife.

Another one in Washington State in the USA.....the wrong guy got convicted and ten years in prison. The killer confessed later and only did eight years before being released.....something wrong with this picture.

It was also a switched on police officer that detected the red needle mark on her buttox  that the autopsy missed.

51 minutes ago, Thechook said:

This is an adult forumm

As Mole says that man is in fact George Michel, though his possible namesake George Michael,  the singer from the UK, a man with a friendly approach to strangers in public urinals is more widely known, especially in the world of  public conveniences.

French George is 64 therefore your claim that you are 17 if his age is really 43 reveals your true age to be 17+21=38. Is that right?

16 hours ago, balo said:

A lot of foreigners with criminal backgrounds in their home country open up business in Thailand.  I am not surprised. 

That's correct....they will have there assets stripped in there home country's, once charged and found to have untraceable income, so they head here.

7 hours ago, longtom said:

I can confirm the man in the picture is George, long time restaurant owner and wine seller in Maenam. He was involved in an altercation a few years ago where shots were fired outside his restaurant, another French caught one in the leg. The case was then 'settled' quietly.

'longtom': Not really accurate: the story I heard was: he fired the fully loaded gun he was carrying empty outside a restaurant (in the next street to his restaurant), and a Frenchman was indeed hit in the shoulder. 'Oddly' it seems the BiBs for some good reason (...?) have at the time decided to 'close the case', without criminal charges against that George person .

My guess is when theBiBs would have done their job(!) right (locking up a madman wielding an illegal gun in public and shooting with it on the street, wounding another person while doing so), the suspect would still be in jail (or would at least have been expelled out of Thailand since), some Frenchman would still be alive today...

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thanks, I was sure the pictured gentleman looked familiar and is a local restaurant owner.

Yes, that's George alright, often had a drink with him in JORDANS Bar opposite his restaurant in Walking st Maenam. He would stroll over after he shut up for the night. Really a strange sort of a guy and i always felt uneasy with him, especially after the time a couple of years back when shot another guy. Police quickly dismissed that event saying that they searched and there was no gun $ $ $.      George said that he was closing for a few days to sort out the work visas for his Myanmar staff girls. He must have been doing a 'runner' then.

5 hours ago, Yann55 said:

There seems to be a rather large community here in Thailand of people who are from the South of France. I see a lot of them in Pattaya, and when I visited South Thailand I also noticed the prevalence of Southern accents among French expats in the area.

Well, the South of France is known for its beauty but also for its very high crime rate, the presence of long established mafias, and now also the extreme right. Not exactly a nest of well-wishing, peaceful and law abiding do-gooders. As another poster said, a lot of bad guys from the West have established businesses in Thailand over the last 20-30 years, and they didn't come here for the weather or the Thai smile but simply because they risked being arrested in their own countries. They give other Western expats a bad name and it's very irritating. Bad guys out ? Yes please.

George once told me that he comes from MARSEILLES  Southern France

5 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Too many Frenchmen, one too many restaurants, too many suspects, it would be a very wise man to say that the Police will solve this case correctly. 

But he served excellent Lamb Shanks cooked in wine !

10 hours ago, free123 said:

when u meet fellow falangs in los u really never know which shady character u just meet.....and it begins in the airplane suddenly u face a strange subculture of human kind .... better meet make friends and hang out with thais , after all the people and their culture makes up the land u choose to live or visit....

I usually get talking to people in the same bars i go to who i dont really know but know them to see and around 90% cant tell me what they do for a living !! Its this and that is their usual answer !!

One guy i met and got to know was arrested for being on the run from several countries and was wanted for 50 million gbp drugs shipment !! Only got caught due to being to flashy in promoting a new business he opened .:shock1:

3 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

George once told me that he comes from MARSEILLES  Southern France

Then he lied to his French customers... Paris it seems to be. But does it change anything to the horror of this 'alleged' crime he's the suspect of...?

4 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

But he served excellent Lamb Shanks cooked in wine !

Why wouldn't there be some decent cooks among the criminals? As it seems he was regularly bragging about meeting a notorious French serial killer-and-robber while doing time in the same jail, this could prove to be right...

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

As they say: If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen!!

Out of the frying pan into the fire is another that comes to mind....

just another day in  paradise

You have to take the good with the bad

It takes one to know one

The list of cliches is endless, really

4 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

George denies having done it , the others deny having done it, so its obvious , the guy shot himself 3 times in the head......Suicide !

Some media talks about 4 shoots in the head – the guy shot himself 3 times in the head – but who then shot him the first time; or was that the last shot, just to make sure his suicide succeeded..?:whistling:

On 12/9/2016 at 7:31 AM, Loeilad said:

More silly photos from the Police station

why is it that the police always present their case - or several versions of it to the press

1 - Before the investigation is complete

2 - before it goes to court?

On 12/9/2016 at 6:18 AM, Thechook said:

Sure he is only 43? Looks in his 70's

If he is 43 then I'm 33.

I thought PM had stopped these silly photos?

interesting case.  .  The deceased guy wanted his agent or representation fee or cut, and somebody else said not!  Nobody will know for sure what words were used at the meeting and if the deceased made some nasty threats that turned on him?  Did the deceased have anything in writing about being the sole sales agent?  Probably not.  So anger and greed and frustration and probably some desperation as the people wanted their monies.  Now their lives are likely to be a bit more difficult, I hope they will be anyway

Archived