Crash Helmet Liners CNX

Dellboy218

Most decent helmets have snap-in liners. Just go to E-Bay, search you helmet brand, and pick out one of a hundred that are selling replacement liners.  I just ordered the center pad liner section for my Shoei, about 1500 baht,  took less than a week to get here from Hong Kong, and less than 30 seconds to remove the old one and snap in the new. Easy!

32 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

As Dirt Shop Bangkok is the official distributor of Nolan helmets in Thailand, it would be a logical place to ask them if they have a dealer in Chiang Mai, or maybe that is just my idea. And if they should not have a dealer in Chiang Mai, I bet that buying the required parts from the official distributor in Bangkok and shipping them to Chiang Mai would be much cheaper than ordering them online from an American online shop. Or maybe I'm just weird....

39 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

No response so far from Nolan Thailand.  Havnt found an official distributor in Chiang Mai.

In retail business most countries have only one distributor appointed by the manufacturer, the distributor appoints or looks for local dealers. As Dirt Shop Bangkok is the main dealer/distributor for Thailand it would be logic to ask them if they have a dealer in Chiang Mai...

http://www.nolan.it/index.php/dove/estero/reg-asia

13 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

Yes perhaos it would but I also have another helmet that requires its lining replaced.  This post should have remained in Chiang Mai as if I have to go to Bangkok for the Nolan then I might as well get it from the States.  Easier if someone in Chiang Mai refurbished helmet liners which is why I posted it in Chiang Mai section.  

What is the big difference ordering from the US or from Bangkok, for both you need to send a few emails, maybe even a few phone calls, both will probably charge you by credit card. The person who answer the phone at Dirt Bike Bangkok speaks pretty good understandable English... So I not see the big problem?

Also it's pretty standard that you call or contact the local distributor of a product and they will inform you if they have a dealer in your location...  again I not see the problem?

15 hours ago, AllanB said:

If everything else fails why not get it refurbished locally, with a good seamstress, it is only a liner and presumably not structural?

Thank you.  I have found a local shop that will repair.  I will find out how good later!

Archived