Famous Thai air hostess busted photoshopping herself to boost followers, and it’s hilarious

webfact

Famous Thai air hostess busted photoshopping herself to boost followers, and it’s hilarious

By Coconuts Bangkok 

northern_light.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Being a flight attendant is perceived by Thais as a glamorous job, but this Thai air hostess went above and beyond to show off her hi-so life to her Instagram followers by photoshopping herself into world-famous destinations.

Thai netizens took to social networks to discuss the questionable logic of the Thai air hostess behind the Instagram account @ticha_ek. The hashtag #ticha_ek has been trending on Twitter and Facebook since yesterday.

The Emirates flight attendant, only known as “Ticha Louktarn,” has over 150,000 followers on Instagram, where she posts her travel pics and snapshots of her glamorous life.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/12/09/famous-thai-air-hostess-busted-photoshopping-herself-boost-followers-and-its-hilarious-0

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-12-09

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

But she works for Emirates! where the hostesses give a much better service than at Thai air. Also the food is much better.

I don't understand why this is news, also naming and shaming is not allowed on this forum.

I fly with them regularly............believe me it aint "that good" Even in first class the Tv wasnt working

Edited by kannot

Flight Attendant Bullied Over Pics Gets Last Laugh

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter -

tt.jpg

@Ticha_ek hit back at the flamers Thursday after a scandal erupted over her photoshopped Instagram images.

BANGKOK — Instead of ghosting, raging or lawyering up, a former flight attendant ridiculed online for her bogus travel photos thumbed her nose at the scorn and one-upped those mocking her.

In her Instagram reply to all the memes mocking her photoshopped travel pics, @Ticha_ek posted her face atop an image from the Apollo moon landing, scribbled some home colors over the flag and captioned it, “I’ve been to the moon … Opps! Would @nasa report me?”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2016/12/09/flight-attendant-bullied-photoshopped-pics-gets-last-laugh/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-09

Had so many girls tell me they wanna be an air hostesses. I never really understood what was glamorous about it. Cleaning horrible toilets and asking "Tea or coffee?".

Funny how we jump on some people for being fakes when it seems most people are nowadays. 

Photoshopping is similar to computer graphic effects that are created in films, that are not realistic and never convincing. The technology has not been perfected yet that can make artificial images and effects blend in perfectly, although some created by professionals is near the mark but still not quite there. 

I guess that one day movie actors will be made redundant and replaced by computer graphics whereas viewers will not be able to distinguish between what is superimposed and the real thing, including photographic images. But this is probably a long way off yet. 

24 minutes ago, kannot said:

I fly with them regularly............believe me it aint "that good" Even in first class the Tv wasnt working

Only fly with Emirates when flying overseas. {Unless they don't fly where I am heading that is}

Always found them to be excellent.

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, wxpwzrd said:

I am still laughing at the statement "famous Thai air hostess"

You obviously don't understand the power of social media.

150,000 instagram followers is impressive.  

Make that 159,000   She's obviously gaining followers from this little bit of publicity (I followed her from both of my accounts).

She has some great pics.

Edited by seancbk
updated info

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Photoshopping is similar to computer graphic effects that are created in films, that are not realistic and never convincing. The technology has not been perfected yet that can make artificial images and effects blend in perfectly, although some created by professionals is near the mark but still not quite there. 

I guess that one day movie actors will be made redundant and replaced by computer graphics whereas viewers will not be able to distinguish between what is superimposed and the real thing, including photographic images. But this is probably a long way off yet. 

Obviously you don't know a lot about Photoshop and the talent of some people using this software

2 minutes ago, DavidVincent said:

Obviously you don't know a lot about Photoshop and the talent of some people using this software

Also I doubt many people commenting have bothered to look at her Instagram account.

Most of her pics are not photoshopped and the ones that are have been done well.  

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

You obviously don't understand the power of social media.

150,000 instagram followers is impressive.  

Make that 159,000   She's obviously gaining followers from this little bit of publicity (I followed her from both of my accounts).

She has some great pics.

Actually, I understand the power of digital media in general perfectly. I find the whole HiSo glamourous air hostess thing amusing. What she really is (maybe), is a popular hot chick that happens to be an air hostess. 

2 hours ago, kannot said:

I put them third behind Etihad and Qatar. For actual service, not decor, newness and food and beverage, the Gulf crews are better too. That's my experience. They were the bees knees in 10/12 years ago but have been overtaken. 

I fly Thai regularly in business class. Have to say the cabin crew up front are anything but glamorous. Not as bad as the U.S. carriers but not far off. The few that do look OK service the back of the plane. Singapore Airlines and the Middle East carriers are streets ahead of Thai. Same old story jobs for the boys (or girls in this case)

Also I doubt many people commenting have bothered to look at her Instagram account.

Most of her pics are not photoshopped and the ones that are have been done well.  

And yet she faked pictures.

As to them being done well, they aren't.

However, maybe they are poor attempts and a lot of the others are equally fake, just did a better job on them.

Edited by Bluespunk

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

And yet she faked pictures.

As to them being done well, they aren't.

However, maybe they are poor attempts and a lot of the others are equally fake, just did a better job on them.

Edited 2 minutes ago by Bluespunk

Have you looked through her pics?

Just now, seancbk said:

Have you looked through her pics?

On her account, no. I neither use nor ever will use instagram.

Like Facebook/twitter/love me please social BS media, I don't need them.

As to the faked ones, yes I've seen some of them.

Terrible job.