What Products From Back Home Are You Missing Here In Thailand?

george

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much. Actually if I were in the US I'd miss more products from Thailand than I currently miss from the US.

Pecans

Mr Pibb (soft drink)

Stick deodorants - Old Spice, Mennen, something other than Gillette

Vitamins - a larger variety to choose from

What products from back home are you missing here in Thailand?

Imported products?

Food (not fresh food, but canned, processed food etc)?

Delicatessen?

Other products?

The ecommerce guys at Thaivisa need feedback from you as they are sourcing for new products for our on-line store.

Our current store, which is very successful with only a limited amount of products, is located at http://store.thaivisa.com

If you have ideas for products you would like to have, please let us know here!

Thanks! :o

The obvious which is not available here in Isaan:-

Vegemite, Bonox, Gravox, etc.

If your in Bkk - try Villa supermarkets -- they have all of this ---- and licorice ----- :o))))

Just might be worth a trip to Krung Thep and stock up --- set up a small market stall up there and take some lamb with you --- just about anything Aussi --- Heinz and SPC spaghetti - bake beans - you name it they seem to have it -- except good sardines --- there is a shop in Sukhamvit 71 - Food Glorious Food -- all imports from the land down under -- and great pies and pasties sausage rolls --- wines and fresh veg and fruit - their sausages are the best in bkk -----well thailand --- not the cheapest but really good produce

Thank you for this info BUT shopping on line is the object here. I have no intention of travelling 650km just to buy a jar of vegemite.

I can’t be sure and probably there’s no way to verify it, but I have a feeling this topic beats the record for the fastest first 100 replies. So much for “you can everything easily in Thailand”.

---------------

Maestro

Please dont say Marmite, which I thought everybody would say!

When I get the pleasure of getting out of this shit hole, that they call, the Uniterd Kingdom, I can honestly say that I wont miss a thing about England 2whatsoever.

oh, maybe my electric blanket. But if im in asia, I wont need it. ha ha mum. put it in the loft for me when I get back in few/couple yrs time!!!

xxx

Please dont say Marmite, which I thought everybody would say!

When I get the pleasure of getting out of this shit hole, that they call, the Uniterd Kingdom, I can honestly say that I wont miss a thing about England 2whatsoever.

oh, maybe my electric blanket. But if im in asia, I wont need it. ha ha mum. put it in the loft for me when I get back in few/couple yrs time!!!

xxx

Wait till you get here first eh?

Real root beer, if nobody has mentioned it, and Fabreeze. For those not familiar, Fabreeze is a corn derivative product that gets rid of many houshold odors from baby puke to cat piss to cigarette smoke by bonding with it. Works great and quickly. Surprised its not in Thailand yet. I've seen it in Malaysia.

Pickled Onions and / or Pickling Spice

ROOT BEER ?

There are several A&W shops in Thailand including at Pantip in BKK.

Also A&W Root Beer is sold in the big grocery stores.

Or do you consider A&W as not real Root Beer?

Rick

Splenda (a sugar substitute) similar to EQUAL. I used it all the time in the US but I haven't seen it anywhere here. It's the only sugar substitute that I've found that doesn't leave any aftertaste.

Skippy or JIF creamy style peanut butter and Smucker's strawberry jam... in much larger size packaging. These last two are available here in the local supermarket, but only in the smallest jars!

Edited by DFCarlson

Heinz baked beans, gravy granules, tea bags, a full range of herbs and spices, malt vinegar.

Child car seats, baby teething soothing gel (quickly please!), toys that might last > 1 day.

More farang-sized shirts, shorts.

I dare say that most of this stuff is available elsewhere, but I can't find any of it here in Isaan country.

German gummi bears, like Haribo

You are in luck, they sell them in a coffee shop near the Burger King in the New Airport

"""(:o@

I saw Haribo in Big C last night ...

Btw Besides Stella Artois!!!!!!!! It's also impossible to find jeans (or any trousers) in a (western) normal size. Or the trouser is too short or the waist is too big ... nothing fits here

How are the administrators here gonna sort it all out, good luck guys!!!

Big BBQ

cheese curds

10 diff flavors of pancake mix

trampoline

tinted double panes windows

mildew resistance paints

battery operated home security gadgets

western style electric garage door

ammonia

sun tan Lotion

spray-on Mosquito repellant

quality silverwear w/knife set