What Products From Back Home Are You Missing Here In Thailand?

george

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellman's mayonnaise

or

Best Foods mayonnaise

(the variety sold here is not the same rich formula as sold in North America)

MAXX large condoms

10.5 + men's shoes

Villa soi 13 Bangkok has the real stuff from time to time.

The Kraft Mayo you can find in the shops over here is pretty good.

The Best foods mayo is horrible. :o

Mrs Fields Cookies--or at least the ingredients to bake them myself.

Paul Newman's Spaghetti Sauce--the whole lot of them (profit to good causes too)

Noah's Bagels--I wouldn't mind buying them frozen

Vitamins--too expensive here

I reckon diet or sugar free soft drinks would be a big hit also, and orange squash (or any other squash). I'd love a big bottle of Robinsons apple and blackcurrant.

totster :o

A big yes to this, RONINSONS SQUASH

German gummi bears, like Haribo

You are in luck, they sell them in a coffee shop near the Burger King in the New Airport

"""(:o@

They sell them at the Villa off Sukhumvit soi 11, too, but I don't live in Bangkok and I hate going there. I can't get them here in Korat, and would be happy to order some online. Us poor relations out in the sticks lack a lot of things y'all in the big city have.

Somebody earlier mentioned Old El Paso salsa. I have seen it here, can't remember if it was Lotus or Freshmart, but I think it was Lotus.

Add Heinz cocktail sauce to my list. You can get that at Villa, too, I know.

But NOBODY has Fritos.

German gummi bears, like Haribo

You are in luck, they sell them in a coffee shop near the Burger King in the New Airport

"""(:o@

They sell them at the Villa off Sukhumvit soi 11, too, but I don't live in Bangkok and I hate going there. I can't get them here in Korat, and would be happy to order some online. Us poor relations out in the sticks lack a lot of things y'all in the big city have.

Somebody earlier mentioned Old El Paso salsa. I have seen it here, can't remember if it was Lotus or Freshmart, but I think it was Lotus.

Add Heinz cocktail sauce to my list. You can get that at Villa, too, I know.

But NOBODY has Fritos.

why does sum tiny dump like Bahrain got all the fritos (including the dished dip type) and Rolled Gold pretzels one could want and Thailand ain't got shit?...and, let's talk about cottage cheese, Old El Paso salsa, Vlasic pickles...all available at the small Al Jazeera super near our flat in Manama...if you live in Thailand (outside of the upper Suk expat ghetto) it's an expedition...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

A decent kebab and a fat girl from Dagenham.

Plenty of chubby chavs in the 'nam. I'd skip the kebab for a Jakes burger though. :o

hey...look out...I was down by the ford plant once talkin' to sum one about a job...had a look around an' I knows what youse talkin' about, bein' from Pasadena California an' all...

(is Essex part of Dagenham?)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Scottish oatmeal, brothmix for soups, oatcakes, haggis, blackpuddings, redpuddings. scottish turnip (neeps) .

haggis?...easy enough to make at home...take oatmeal of whatever type and the smelliest old sock that you can find...stuff the sock with the oatmeal and bile...might be hard to find proper 'neeps and tatties in thailand though...

but seriously, I always did like a scottish fryup with square sausage, blackpudding and a nice fresh loaf...coat yer stomach and hit the Gallowgate lookin' for them quarter gill bars...

(tutsi, ye sentimental old bastid...go bile yer heid...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I reckon diet or sugar free soft drinks would be a big hit also, and orange squash (or any other squash). I'd love a big bottle of Robinsons apple and blackcurrant.

totster :o

A big yes to this, RONINSONS SQUASH

We've gotten our Robinsons from Tops Silom Complex.

Branston Pickle, Monster Munch, Wheat Crunchies, Skips, Double Decker, Aero, Topic, 10p Chomps,

Branston Pickle is available here but very expensive 290 baht for a small jar.

Monster Munch: I love them too. Pringles just don't match-up.

Double Decker: I am 99% sure they have been discontinued in the U.K.

When I come back to L.O.S. from the U.K. I always bring 8 bisto gravy granules and chicken granules and tea bags. They are all not so dense.

I would bring plastic squeezy HP sauce and Heinz salad cream but they are too dense. Available here for 109 baht per small bottle, over double U.K. price.

Above all, I would like to see U.K. newspapers at a reasonable price. 200 baht for a daily newspaper is 3 quid, a very high mark-up, in this day and age and technology, it should be available for UK price X 2.

Where can you get Branston Pickle from? You can get Monster Munch at Tops Silom Complex.

I agree, there are places in Bangkok you can get some of this stuff but alot of members don't live in Bangkok and aren't necessarily willing to travel all that way for it.

A mail order shop for expats in Thailand is an excellent idea George :o

Crunchy cheetos, Fritos, again on the Dr Pepper, Root beer, Pretzels, and Jello brand instant pudding.

sausages , so i brought my own sausage machine , nice

I hear that one...a meat grinder is indispensible in these parts as ground beef is hard to find outside of BKK. Most grinders come with sausage attachments and you can be as creative as you like with meat mixtures, spices and etc...a good recommendation for any falang kitchen...