Chiropractor - recommendation plse

gingerandtabby

Phillip Parry is a UK chiropractor who has hours at Rajavej hospital in CM every second weekend, contact the hospital for details - I could be very wrong but it doesn't sound as though a chiropractor is what you need, perhaps get checked out by the highly regarded Dr Chanakarn, an ortho surgeon at Rajavej.

• Like 2

Just want to applaud the prudent advice offered here by the other posters so far. Any form of manipulation of hip, legs, or spine, may have a negative outcome. The pain may, or may not, originate from where you think it comes from (look-up "referred pain").

Please, get a thorough evaluation from a good orthopod, soon. Without knowing the details of the prior history, surgery, rehab regimen, medications (and their possible interactions) you take now, etc., we're dancing in the dark here: even if we knew all the details, if I were you, I wouldn't listen to medical advice from the likes of us :)

Dr. Paiboon at CM Ram took very good care of me years ago after a hit-and-run motosai-fiend, probably drunk or stoned, crossed to the wrong side of the roadway, and ran me down, breaking my right leg in several places. I love Dr. Paiboon, but, to put it mildly, when I received a bill for 50k baht over the written estimate, my perceptions of the hospital ... changed: of course that was the administration's doings, not the good Doctor's.

I had a hip replacement 18 years ago in the US, and it went very well; I worked at rehab like a demon: two months post-op was doing 20 mile bicycle rides in hilly country. At this age (ripe), I would never "push so hard."

best wishes for your health, ~o:37;

Thanks very much for your good advice Orang. Moe, Dante and CM. I am 6 mo. post very successful surgery, take very little meds (for pain only), see  a PT regularly, exercise like the dickens with a very good Pilates instructor, am pushing 80, am very active, but can walk for only about 20 min. The pain is not in the joint, but the attached muscles, ligaments, fascia etc.As I say, I grabbing at straws for solutions. The original surgeon said to give it more time... guess I'll have to...

Tnx again.

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2018 at 6:04 PM, THAIPHUKET said:

Did Dr Chanakarn go off to better things? At least, phone seems to be disconnected

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The office is only manned during business hours that are limited... it’s better to just go to the office... there is just a short queue if any... There may be another doctor in place of Dr Chanakarn

47469634-635A-4654-8325-B403968AB246.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin