Alcohol Watch calls for probe of top cop

webfact

5 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Are you a Thai citizen?  if you are not making any steps to becoming one,  which I highly suspect,  then  you have absolutely no right to tell anyone what Thai public officials should our shouldn't do. 

You make clear on one hand what you think of Thai people and culture and then have the audacity to  suggest what they should do.

As a retiree,  you should be grateful with the relaxed  visa laws that allow you to remain as a guest in this country.

Puke

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take a look at his official salary and weigh that against your monthly expenses.

Of course government officials (including especially the low paid cops) need to moonlight.  It seems this guy was doing it legally, and reporting the income.

If Thailand is to ever get rid of corruption, government officials need to be paid enough for a decent living.  Where they live, not on a farm in the sticks.  With a salary high enough that they think twice before putting their job in jeopardy with backhanders.

Edited by impulse

As malt 25 stated , I am surprised anyone is surprised!!!  Endemic

surinderek, not quite true, this kind of thing happens in most countries , but here they do not concern themselves with hiding it very well, should be cash & never banked just enjoyed

1 hour ago, Johnniey said:

Are you a Thai citizen?  if you are not making any steps to becoming one,  which I highly suspect,  then  you have absolutely no right to tell anyone what Thai public officials should our shouldn't do. 

You make clear on one hand what you think of Thai people and culture and then have the audacity to  suggest what they should do.

As a retiree,  you should be grateful with the relaxed  visa laws that allow you to remain as a guest in this country.

No public official should not take money from a private concern while in office.  It is an obvious conflict of interest and has nothing to do with citizenship, relaxed visa laws or, as we can see, "reform".  There are guests and paying guests.  Paying guests are entitled to an opinion.  It would be a wondrous thing if Thais, in and outside of Thailand, were not terrified to express themselves.

They are landlords, lawyers, restaurateurs, store owners, consultants, investors, public speakers, corporate directors, a realtor, a chiropractor, an insurance broker, a nurse, a doctor and a club director. They are also our members of the Canadian Parliament.

Lots of countries allow top officials to have other souces of income. So long as he is not using his position in the police to force payment and so long as he has no conflict of interest and it is declared there should be no problem. The discussion here should be about the ethics of two jobs where there could be conflict of interest not about tea money.

I know.. a bit off topic but... 

and of course, first off I like the labels. very nice....

anyone know where the 'Only Drink When Ice Cold' bitter hops flavor comes from? that is added to the yellow coloring and alcohol?

Edited by maewang99

3 hours ago, Estrada said:

He must have read  Donald Trump's "Art Of The Deal". He has a long way to go to catch up with The Donald and friends coming into power in the U.S., who have much greater conflicts of interest.

But... but... isn't the don going to make America great again for free?

6 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Now wouldn't that open quite a can of worms.

Public officials shouldn't be allowed to have other sources of income except with prior approval which should not be given lightly or simply on ' the nod '.

However having said this I'm sure nothing will change because it would affect too many important people and especially those who can make the decision to stop this sort of thing.

Cannot break ye ole daisy chain. 

I see how this works he can be on the board of directors sort of of many corporations. What does he advise on any way? Does Thai Beverage just bandy his name about in pushing their product. Then there is the dark world aspect does he grease the wheels in some way shape or form. Is he the tip of the iceberg and this practice is wide spread? Answers please. 

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Strap em on kid he is coming for you. High noon. Quit commenting on asinine things happening here enjoy the sunshine. Departmentalize your mind. File this in the self enjoyment part opinion not to be shared with others.  

Edited by elgordo38

7 hours ago, optad said:

Beautiful. It is incongruous how he could ethically receive those payments given his role.

All public officials should have to declare alternate revenue sources.

Since the RTP don't really serve the public, there's no need to declare bugger all.... unless someone wants him gone of course.

He should, of course, quit his police job, but we all know he won't.  If he does not resign, he should be fired will loss of all benefits.  But we all know that won't happen either.

If Prayut was sincere about stomping out corruption, he would make a very public show of firing this man as an example of his sincerity and to set an example of what will happen to other corrupt officials.

But we all know Prayut will do NOTHING.  Too many skeletons in too many closets.  So stand by for the parade of excuses as to why this is NOT an issue, and of course, complete silence from Prayut, unless he too decides to defend this bent copper.

On my last visit to Soi 80 Hua Hin, bar staff informed me that local police visited all bars once a month to collect their "tea money". So, when will authorities own up to this practice, which presumably occurs in all entertainment areas, and do something about it....?!