Residence Certificate at Jomtien Immigration - Extension of Stay issued in Bangkok

Or, like in my case, it was on finance and you now own the vehicle, they now force the change.

If jiust paying the tax then it is no problem, that happens when there is a change in circumstances.

Edited by Mattd
additional

@Mattd  you didn't post page 7  I can understand you don't want your name or address revealed  only asked to see as it would help understand the situation better..but anyway nevermind.

So on the 21st of October they changed ownership details  from BMW leasing ( Thailand )

I can only assume the bit about  "for use in the Jatajuk area of Bangkok"  just means this was done at the DLT in Jatujuk ?

On the 30th November they initiated the transfer to Chonburi province  and approval was granted for the move

did they make these 2 entries at the same time ?  on 21st October  or did you go back again in November ?

In any case it would seem correct that you now have to go to Chonburi DLT and  register it there  as the car has been "moved" out of Bangkok

and is currently  "province-less"  in limbo as it where.

22 hours ago, johng said:

@Mattd  you didn't post page 7  I can understand you don't want your name or address revealed  only asked to see as it would help understand the situation better..but anyway nevermind.

Hi John, sorry for the late response, busy day yesterday, anyway yes, correct I did not post page 7 for the reasons you state, I will PM this part to you.

I think that the Jatujak part is where the DLT main place is in Bangkok.

The difference in the dates is, I assume, because BMW leasing originally sent the paperwork off around that time in October, however, DLT wound not accept my Bangkok work permit for the address, so had to go and get a residence cert from the British Embassy to complete the change.

Planning on going to make the change next week.

Edited by Mattd
add

As an update, no issues getting the residence certificate from the Jomtien immigration office, was a formality.

Documents needed:

1 each copy of the following:

Passport cover page

Change of passport page with original visa information etc.

Extension of stay page

Re-entry permit page

Last entry stamp page and TM6

Copy of a Tisco provident statement as proof of address

2 x photos.

Was very busy there today, all up it took about 1hour 45 minutes, received the residence certificate about 30 minutes after submitting the paperwork.

Next battle, Chonburi DLT................

• Like 1