Honest Phuket taxi driver reunites Italian tourist with his lost possessions

snoop1130

Honest Phuket taxi driver reunites Italian tourist with his lost possessions

Eakkapop Thongtub

1481625547_1-org.jpg

Taxi driver Mr Dusit Somprayoth (2nd left) said that Mr Valluzzi (left) gave him a cash reward but declined to say how much. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- An Italian tourist was today (Dec 13) reunited with his belongings which included over B100,000 in cash and a passport after he left them in a taxi.

The man, Mr Francesso Valluzzi, 71, reported to airport security and Sakoo Police that he had lost his bag after being dropped off by taxi at his accommodation in Kamala.

Mr Valluzzi told officials that among the lost items were over 3,000 Euro (about B111,000), a notebook computer, camera, passport and B5,000 in Thai currency.

While police were investigating the incident, a taxi driver, Mr Dusit Somprayoth, 37, came forward with the lost items which he said had been left in his taxi.

Mr Dusit went to the Kianseng Guesthouse in Nai Thon Beach and returned the items to Mr Valluzzi.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/honest-phuket-taxi-driver-reunites-italian-tourist-with-his-lost-possessions-60215.php#uuJBGTkGcCJJ5ehl.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-13

What bad news about the taxi or tuk-tuk drivers were there in the past week? These news normally come just after there has been some serious issues with the taxi or tuk-tuk mafias.

I didn't notice any.

28 minutes ago, oilinki said:

What bad news about the taxi or tuk-tuk drivers were there in the past week? These news normally come just after there has been some serious issues with the taxi or tuk-tuk mafias.

I didn't notice any.

Good! Maybe because there was none!

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Good! Maybe because there was none!

Maybe so, then again there was this story emerging 

I don't really care how many people the mafias kill, as long as they don't spread their 'I don't care about anyone' attitude on Phuket's roads.

Unfortunately they do so. This means that each of us, living in Phuket, have to be afraid if some of these maniacs is going to kill us. 

Many of us refuses to use scooters, as it's far too dangerous to drive in Phuket today. I have reduced my trips around the island for the same reason. 

Ho fair is that? Do we all have to be protected all the time? For what? For people who drive like crazy and then pay for the police to be quiet? Or to pay for the police and the media to produce these kind of news?

The 'News' say: Everything is in order, don't be afraid, we have been paid by our advertisers. We are not too honest. 

22 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Maybe so, then again there was this story emerging 

I don't really care how many people the mafias kill, as long as they don't spread their 'I don't care about anyone' attitude on Phuket's roads.

Unfortunately they do so. This means that each of us, living in Phuket, have to be afraid if some of these maniacs is going to kill us. 

Many of us refuses to use scooters, as it's far too dangerous to drive in Phuket today. I have reduced my trips around the island for the same reason. 

Ho fair is that? Do we all have to be protected all the time? For what? For people who drive like crazy and then pay for the police to be quiet? Or to pay for the police and the media to produce these kind of news?

The 'News' say: Everything is in order, don't be afraid, we have been paid by our advertisers. We are not too honest. 

Its not not just Phuke the Whole of Thailand is dangerous...., nutters everywhere on Thailands Roads.....

1 hour ago, robertthebruce said:

Its not not just Phuke the Whole of Thailand is dangerous...., nutters everywhere on Thailands Roads.....

But it's not really that. This out of the control phenomena is special to Phuket. 

The roads up north are much free from the sad behaviour we see everyday on Phuket roads. 

People can behave well in traffic, generally people do so in Thailand. 

Phuket traffic is specially bad and that is a thing that should be investigated. 

7 hours ago, oilinki said:

I didn't notice any.

Yes happens every single time right on Cue.  I always look at these stories and think, yea right another damage control story produced by TAT.