Run In With A Thai

dave111223

My first almost violent run in with a Thai person:

I was cleaning the walls of one of my balconies with my wife, as we're going to repaint it tomorrow. Some of dirty water ran over the side of the balcony and down the building, and landed on a pickup truck that was parked below.

We had not noticed this until the angry owner (a guy about my age; early 20s) came to our door demanding 2000 baht.

We went downstairs to take a look, and the truck was quite dirty, so we understood his frustration, apologized and offered to clean the truck for him.

He was still yelling, and i didn't understand most of what he said, but my wife later it was mostly swearing.

So we washed the truck off until it was spotless. And the guy comes back outside still yelling...saying that now he wanted 250 baht (i have no idea why it was now 250 instead of 2000). At this point i kind of switched into "What the <deleted> is this pr*ck's problem" mode.

As we'd been down apologized and cleaned the dirt? But apparently this was no enough for him.

He kept demanding 250 baht, which i kept saying no too. The whole time my wife was saying to me, maybe we should just give him the money.

He then went into his truck and got a stick.

Bare in mind that this bloke is literally half my size, and it was going to take a lot more than a stick to beat 250 baht out of me (a gun or knife would probably have done it).

I still said no to his 250. My wife was worried at this point, and his hooker-looking g/f had now come outside to join the party.

After about another 15 minutes of his standing there yelling. My wife managed to convince me to just fork over the 250 baht and be done with it.

I wish he had actually tried something with his stick so i could have had good reason to kick the sh*t out of the little pr*ck.

Really pissed me off though, and then when we went back to the room my wife started crying as he was a "bad man", and she was scared, which pissed me off even more.

I still feel like going to his room and beating the crap out of him, but as my wife says (and i've read at TV many times), Thai people like this will probably get all their friends involved.

There, just had to get it off my chest...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They guy was scum and you owed him nothing, but he probably won't bother you again with no reason and 250 baht isn't much to pay.

If some dirtbag at home pulled this on you, you would be forking out forever, but here, it is probably over and finished.

I'm not sure if I would have paid, or not, but, from experience, if you didn't and he decided to crank things up a few notches, I can see how you would wish that you had. :o

I was cleaning the walls of one of my balconies with my wife, as we're going to repaint it tomorrow. Some of dirty water ran over the side of the balcony and down the building, and landed on a pickup truck that was parked below.

We had not noticed this until the angry owner (a guy about my age; early 20s) came to our door demanding 2000 baht.

We went downstairs to take a look, and the truck was quite dirty, so we understood his frustration, apologized and offered to clean the truck for him.

He was still yelling, and i didn't understand most of what he said, but my wife later it was mostly swearing.

So we washed the truck off until it was spotless. And the guy comes back outside still yelling...saying that now he wanted 250 baht (i have no idea why it was now 250 instead of 2000). At this point i kind of switched into "What the <deleted> is this pr*ck's problem" mode.

As we'd been down apologized and cleaned the dirt? But apparently this was no enough for him.

He kept demanding 250 baht, which i kept saying no too. The whole time my wife was saying to me, maybe we should just give him the money.

Bare in mind that this bloke is literally half my size, and it was going to take a lot more than a stick to beat 250 baht out of me (a gun or knife would probably have done it).

I still said no to his 250. My wife was worried at this point, and his hooker-looking g/f had now come outside to join the party.

After about another 15 minutes of his standing there yelling. My wife managed to convince me to just fork over the 250 baht and be done with it.

I wish he had actually tried something with his stick so i could have had good reason to kick the sh*t out of the little pr*ck.

Really pissed me off though, and then when we went back to the room my wife started crying as he was a "bad man", and she was scared, which pissed me off even more.

I still feel like going to his room and beating the crap out of him, but as my wife says (and i've read at TV many times), Thai people like this will probably get all their friends involved.

What a tw-t! I think that you showed great restraint in this ridiculous situation, but i agree with your missus let sleeping dogs lie. The rules are different when your playing away from home.

Stay cool mate!

What a tw-t! I think that you showed great restraint in this ridiculous situation, but i agree with your missus let sleeping dogs lie. The rules are different when your playing away from home.

Stay cool mate!

You handled the situation as best you could. Be patient, wait until you move somewhere else, and then back into the truck on the way out of the parking lot.

Stay cool mate!

You handled the situation as best you could. Be patient, wait until you move somewhere else, and then back into the truck on the way out of the parking lot.

Or re-wash your walls before you go, then he'll know it was you :o

This isn't the same guy who re-wrote the immigration rules is it??

Stay cool mate!

I agree. As the Sicilians say "revenge is a dish best served cold"

Wait untill you move then take out his truck. I would make ###### sure he knew about it too.

Bide your time mate.

Wait until you move out and spray his pick up with some strong paint stripper or run it with a key. What an ######.

Qualtrough is right, patience is the key. :o

bkkmadness, I always thought that you were a nice, sensible person -paint stripper? Hydraulic brake fluid is more effective! :D

I had a run in with a Thai guy in my building about 2 years back, it was over a trivial thing but he made a meal of it.

I was living on the 8th floor and him and his wife were on the 5th, she was also a total cow.

I knew that she went to work early in the morning and returned early evening, i also knew that he went to work around 1pm and returned late in the evening.

Once i knew they were both at work i went down to the 5th floor and flicked a condom under the gap in the door.

I suspect when his wife came home she would see it on the floor and think that her husband had dropped it.

Hopefuly this caused a stir when he arrived home.

Brake fluid sounds good. So easy as well, just pop back there a month after you moved out, go with a friend in a car, pull up alongiside it, spray the pick up and off you go, nice and discreet.

I love the condom story, be nice to have been a fly on the wall when the hubby got home. :o

Top tip!! WD-40!! spray product on to glass surface(windscreen) leave product on for about a minute, wipe off, then leg it,

Clever thai man will not notice any residue on his windscreen untill about 10 hours later, product will penetrate surface of the laminate and leave a impregnated smear on chosen windscreen FOREVER Ha ha haaa!

Shouldn't know that really should I??

Mis-spent youth!! mark

Revenge is indeed a dish best served cold but I would treat him to a warm buffet by feasting on corn, cabbage, raw onions, peanuts, spicy som tam, a few Changs and then drop a klinker from the balcony once all this food has been processed. '' How do you like THAT hood ornament?''. :o

Maybe that`s why so many falangs fall off balconies, trying to get revenge by taking a dump on the neighbour`s car.

Top tip!! WD-40!! spray product on to glass surface(windscreen) leave product on for about a minute, wipe off, then leg it,

Clever thai man will not notice any residue on his windscreen untill about 10 hours later, product will penetrate surface of the laminate and leave a impregnated smear on chosen windscreen FOREVER Ha ha haaa!

Shouldn't know that really should I??

Mis-spent youth!! mark

Never knew that one ! I hav'nt graduated beyond putting flyers on windscreens, with a suitable amount of Superglue on the underneath of course. :o

stick a potato up the guys tail pipe & pour sugar into his gas tank.

Pouring the raw sugar granules in the gas tank has a minimal effect, as it will just sit in the bottom of the tank below the fuel line pick-up, or is likely to be caught by the fuel filter. Of course it will clog the filter and cause a problem, but it is a minimal repair.

If you really want to screw someone and do some serious damage, the way to do it is to get a bottle of cheap whiskey or rum (Sang Som would probably be perfect) heat it gently in a pot on your stove, and stir in the sugar, dissolving it in the booze until the booze is saturated. Pour this cooled mixture into the gas tank.

This ensures that the sugar will get past the fuel filter. When this sugar / alcohol mix hits the hot fuel injection system and valve train / cylinders, it will turn into instant treacle.

The result is nasty and expensive. In most instances, a new engine is required.

I had a run in with a Thai guy in my building about 2 years back, it was over a trivial thing but he made a meal of it.

I was living on the 8th floor and him and his wife were on the 5th, she was also a total cow.

I knew that she went to work early in the morning and returned early evening, i also knew that he went to work around 1pm and returned late in the evening.

Once i knew they were both at work i went down to the 5th floor and flicked a condom under the gap in the door.

I suspect when his wife came home she would see it on the floor and think that her husband had dropped it.

Hopefuly this caused a stir when he arrived home.

:o classic.

should've smothered it in chocolate spread - that would need some explaining. :D

stick a potato up the guys tail pipe & pour sugar into his gas tank.

Pouring the raw sugar granules in the gas tank has a minimal effect, as it will just sit in the bottom of the tank below the fuel line pick-up, or is likely to be caught by the fuel filter. Of course it will clog the filter and cause a problem, but it is a minimal repair.

If you really want to screw someone and do some serious damage, the way to do it is to get a bottle of cheap whiskey or rum (Sang Som would probably be perfect) heat it gently in a pot on your stove, and stir in the sugar, dissolving it in the booze until the booze is saturated. Pour this cooled mixture into the gas tank.

This ensures that the sugar will get past the fuel filter. When this sugar / alcohol mix hits the hot fuel injection system and valve train / cylinders, it will turn into instant treacle.

The result is nasty and expensive. In most instances, a new engine is required.

Rubbish, I take it you didn't watch "Mythbusters" when they did exactly that with no ill effects on the engine...

All the revenge (or rather, revenge fantasies) in the world won't get those chips off your collective shoulders or change the fact that you gave in to your own principles.

An alternative solution would have been to simply suggest to have the police mediate the situation, as if it were any accident type situation. You could even have suggested that he call his insurance agent or simply call his insurance agent for him so that an insurance representative would be sent to the scene. Not getting pissed IMO, but yes defending yourself if you HAD to, would have been the best way to make the guy feel and look like a total idiot.

:o

would it have helped to call the police when you could see the direction the situation was going ?

Would they have helped ?

I'd like to know from those who have experience

I have read all the wonderful stories about how to take revenge.

However think carefully, it is not worth risking the health of yourself, your partner, and your property.

Brush off the incident, it was only 250 Baht.

The best thing to have done would have been to let your Thai partner deal with the whole matter, and not have gotten involved, even in the cleaning or the financial pay-out.

The best thing to have done would have been to let your Thai partner deal with the whole matter, and not have gotten involved, even in the cleaning or the financial pay-out.

The guy was threatening violence with a stick, would it really have been best to run away and let your partner deal with a person like that. :o

Heng is right though, at the time you should have just told him to call the police and sort it out or called them yourself. You would have probably got a good result out of it though of course if you did the guy would still be on your back now.

Rubbish, I take it you didn't watch "Mythbusters" when they did exactly that with no ill effects on the engine...

You're right- I don't watch Mythbusters or a lot of other cr*p on TV, but I can assure you that this does work. I haven't done it personally, but I have seen the innards of an engine that has had this treatment.

Do you believe everything you see on TV? Do you really think that mythbusters are going to promote how to cause criminal mischief, or more likely tell people it is a myth so that they won't be inclined to try it in the first place?

Most of those 'revenge suggestions' were followed by a 'smiley' which seems to suggest that we, who posted them, were joking.

VanZam, Mythbusters is an entertainment program and they can prove or bust any myth. Do a search using 'sugar in a gas tank' and you get both the 'Yes, it will' and 'No, it won't' schools of thought.