Where to buy used scooters in Phuket?

SergioTh

Phuket has way overinflated prices for motorbikes.  I know I checked.   I had mine shipped from up north.  Not sure why you think it is difficult.  However, if you want to avoid shipping you can buy (not sure why Madmax is telling you where to rent which is not what you asked and renters rarely sell) at numerous shops that sell up and down Choa Fah East from Chalong to Phuket Town with a few more shops in Phuket Town.  I will eat my flip flops if you find anything less than 20k.  The starting price to seems everywhere is 30k regardless of actual value.  A for sale sign looks like this: 

ขาย

This guy is a farang who rents and also sells and is actually on Choa Fah East.

https://www.facebook.com/PhuketMotorbikes4u/?fref=nf

2 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Phuket has way overinflated prices for motorbikes.  I know I checked.   I had mine shipped from up north.  Not sure why you think it is difficult.  However, if you want to avoid shipping you can buy (not sure why Madmax is telling you where to rent which is not what you asked and renters rarely sell) at numerous shops that sell up and down Choa Fah East from Chalong to Phuket Town with a few more shops in Phuket Town.  I will eat my flip flops if you find anything less than 20k.  The starting price to seems everywhere is 30k regardless of actual value.  A for sale sign looks like this: 

ขาย

Madmax2. Was being Sarcastic, and I tend to agree with him, loads of Scooters everywhere, all waiting to be rented...., so as a new Buisness Adventure, maybe Not...

8 minutes ago, robertthebruce said:

Madmax2. Was being Sarcastic, and I tend to agree with him, loads of Scooters everywhere, all waiting to be rented...., so as a new Buisness Adventure, maybe Not...

Agreed.  I actually notice the same bikes sitting for sale in the sale shops I mentioned for over a year now.  They won't discount and could care less if they sell or not.  Much better off to buy from someone who actually uses the bike then one that has been rotting for a year or more.   Could also try https://www.facebook.com/SecondHandBikeforSalePhuket/

and  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1389741964573159/

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

ขาย

I suggested the OP approach people already trying to rent motorbikes because because of the huge oversupply of rental motorbikes and they may be interested in quitting their bikes at a reasonable price and look for another get rich quick scheme

Never mentioned renting 

I was told that often the factory dealers shops in Phuket town have 2nd hand bikes that at least have had a recheck and also a garanty for some month.

You can spend a day and have a look.

Or before the Sea Sun Sand hotel on the road going out of Patong in Kamala direction before the Kalim roundabout, there is a family repair shop on the right side and they have sometimes bikes 2nd hand of girls leaving Phuket that want to sell.

Before that shop there is also a 2nd hand shop that is a branch of a main Phuket town shop. They have some exposed and other on catalogue with pictures. Try, maybe u will find a good combination.

On fb there are 2nd hand dealers based in Bangkok, maybe they can also arrange shipments

I stay here in Bkk and have some shops arround selling 2nd hand but depends how much u want to spend for each and how old they have to be.

There is one that has 6month 1 year old with 3-4,000km on board. This are bikes taken back from buyers that couldn't pay monthly and are in good shape. And last longer without need of repairing for long time. Who spends more will spend less...