Disrespect me or not ?

pumpjack

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

So you're perpetuating the time-honoured double standard whereby a man receives a slap on the back for his "prowess" and a woman who enjoys having multiple partners is maligned and ostracised?

That attitude hails from the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth and is rooted in male insecurity.

Maybe we should go back to the days when they didn't have the vote, eh?

I did not say anything of the sort. I suggest you read things properly and not adjust the meanings to suit your own idea of the world.

Just now, YeahSiam said:

I don't remember women not being able to walk outside alone and I'm no spring chicken.

You said

Your comment made it sound as if a woman partaking in sexual activity with more than one partner somehow had negative connotations.

As if "they have enough power already"

If you don't want to be taken literally, choose your wording more carefully.

Wasn't your original quote replying to a guy who did have a negative view on women partaking in sexual activity? Therefore, displaying that there still is some sort of imbalance of power in society. Unless, of course the original author of the comment has a disgust of all creatures great and small partaking in sexual activity involving more than two people. So as for my language, I believe your own set conclusions jumped the gun a little bit.

16 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Wasn't your original quote replying to a guy who did have a negative view on women partaking in sexual activity? Therefore, displaying that there still is some sort of imbalance of power in society. Unless, of course the original author of the comment has a disgust of all creatures great and small partaking in sexual activity involving more than two people. So as for my language, I believe your own set conclusions jumped the gun a little bit.

Believe what you like. I never said anything that could be remotely construed to mean what you said I mean. I dont take offence as English is clearly not your native tongue. If it is I suggest you go back to school.

Just now, lungnorm said:

Believe what you like. I never said anything that could be remotely construed to mean what you said I mean. I dont take offence as English is clearly not your native tongue. If it is I suggest you go back to school.

" Dunno about you but I do not have any respect for women who partake in threesomes. "

Was this not what you said? 

42 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Does a man receive a slap on the back for having a threesome with another man? I don't think so. If anything this context is actually giving more power to women. As many see it as 'gay' if guys did it, but it is more socially acceptable if girls do it. Wasn't that the context, two same sex (i.e. man would have to choose another man) and one opposing sex?

Willie I believe a high 5 is performed during the event when it's 2 men and a lady. 

13 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

His comment had nothing to do with "an imbalance of power".

Your comment did

His comment only indicated his lack of respect for women engaging in threesomes, just because he's discriminating (one assumes that as he didn't mention a disapproval of men engaging in threesomes, he has no issue with it) doesn't mean he sees them as weaker; only that he doesn't mind espousing double standards.

Edited by YeahSiam

16 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

" Dunno about you but I do not have any respect for women who partake in threesomes. "

Was this not what you said? 

Yes but that's all I said. I never said all the rest of the crap you inferred or included.

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

I think a more likely one is "kee dork", as in how many more hits or punches. Her nail being broken on the bus is the first "hit". Probably, asking her how many more "hits" she wanted.

You sure it was not kee nok? that would have been highly disrespectful. grounds for dismissal defo

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

You sure it was not kee nok? that would have been highly disrespectful. grounds for dismissal defo

Just thought of possible homophones of "ee dork". I don't think kee nok fits that bill. The pronunciation of "kee dork" is much closer. But why not? He could have been called a tight arse for traveling by bus rather than taxi. 

16 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Give the guy a break: he's a bit jealous rather than worried about respect.

His thread title specifically says "Disrespect me or not".

Personally if I was getting my leg over for nowt, I wouldn't give a toss what some chimp mutters under his breath.

2 hours ago, paulsingle said:

I think jealousy is almost inevitable in open relationships. Whether she disrespected you or not I think you should move on.

Either find someone that you want a committed relationship with or stick to one night stands.

That's my tuppence worth.

I know many couples who have so called open relationships not a hint of the green eyed monster between them most of them have a moto. What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't  grieve over.

Plenty of Swinger out there and I would put thousands of pounds on a bet you would never realise. Could be your  best friends or couples you drink with. 

As for 3 some why the hell not 2 girls one man yes please I'll have some of that. So it follows 2 men one woman why the hell not. In both cases the women would be in complete control therefore empowered.

The old saying don't knock it till you've tried it. So all those so called straight friends you have may not be as lily white as you belive and it isn't confined to so called ladies of the night/bar girls/hookers whatever you want to call them. 21st century now people not the 1900's. Which most of you seem to be stuck in.

Edited by Deepinthailand

If you want M.H.O. I would drop her like I was holding a dead cat in my arms! If she wants to flirt with other men while with you then by all means lets her do this on her own. She does not need you as a witness and you do not need her at all. Plenty of far better ones out there no matter your age. 

As for me, my Thai Wife still gets jealous just from another Thai Woman talking to me. Even when it is only business. Why don't you take this woman to some bar and show her what you can pick up if she likes playing this game so much.

Yes! I think it is disrespectful unless she is paying for everything. In that case who cares!  

8 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

A grown man asking why a woman in the flesh trade does not respect him. What's next,  the question as to why  he is treated like dirt by those around him?

It is obvious that many here have never been with a Bar Girl before. Before I got married I was with plenty of them. Lots of times we would go back to her bar to play pool or something and have a few drinks.

There were times with others there tried to pick her up while she was with me and even offer more money. I can not think of even one time and from many different Bar Girls that they ever left me for someone else. Out of respect for there customer.

It was always sorry I am with somebody right now. It was never setting up future dates or exchanging telephone numbers or flirting with somebody else or even sitting with them for a drink. So if a Bar Girl can show this kind of respect for a customer I surely can't see why she can't do this to.  

13 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yes! I think it is disrespectful unless she is paying for everything. In that case who cares!  

Wow some double standards there then.

Not really!

As I said if she pulled the stunt with me in a cab I would drop here then and their. Wouldn't matter to me who is paying. It is just so many people here don't seem to care about that, or say they don't, and all they seem to see here is free sex. So that answer was for them. 

Dating countless Thai-women and being married to one for 6 years now, has learnt me this... Never spend time over-analysing a Thai-woman og reacting as you are jealous. (and dont throw away your money, while she is around)

First of all you will never be able to figure out what a Thai-woman is really thinking. (like most other women on this planet). The more jealous you seem, the less attracted you will be to her and the more she will disrespect you. And if you waste your money on stupid stuff (meaning not her), she will just see you as a stupid farang buffalo. 

Keep it cool. Be a MAN and you will be just fine :-)

Edited by khunpa

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

I know many couples who have so called open relationships not a hint of the green eyed monster between them most of them have a moto. What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't  grieve over.

Plenty of Swinger out there and I would put thousands of pounds on a bet you would never realise. Could be your  best friends or couples you drink with. 

As for 3 some why the hell not 2 girls one man yes please I'll have some of that. So it follows 2 men one woman why the hell not. In both cases the women would be in complete control therefore empowered.

The old saying don't knock it till you've tried it. So all those so called straight friends you have may not be as lily white as you belive and it isn't confined to so called ladies of the night/bar girls/hookers whatever you want to call them. 21st century now people not the 1900's. Which most of you seem to be stuck in.

I'd have loved to have a three some with 2 ladies but I just want it to happen by accident. setting up such an event does not appeal one bit. 

She openly flirts and translates the conversation: she's provoking jealousy from you. She's testing your reaction to see where you are in the relationship.

Or you 2 are friends who've reached the extent of the relationship, and she's comfortable to be herself in front of you.

Or she doesn't have the awareness to realize the situation she put you in.

Your pick.

Edited by cncltd1973

12 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

It is obvious that many here have never been with a Bar Girl before. Before I got married I was with plenty of them. Lots of times we would go back to her bar to play pool or something and have a few drinks.

There were times with others there tried to pick her up while she was with me and even offer more money. I can not think of even one time and from many different Bar Girls that they ever left me for someone else. Out of respect for there customer.

It was always sorry I am with somebody right now. It was never setting up future dates or exchanging telephone numbers or flirting with somebody else or even sitting with them for a drink. So if a Bar Girl can show this kind of respect for a customer I surely can't see why she can't do this to.  

I think there is a bit of a difference if she isn't a bar girl though. A bar girl at the end of the day is relying on the customer as that is her income. It is purely a business deal (even though most on here seem to think the girls actually want them). This guy said that she wasn't a bar girl and have known each other for a while with a less than serious relationship it seems. She is aware that she is a 'holiday gf'. She just seems to use that to her advantage, maybe some free travel so she can post on her Facebook to all her friends to see (who knows). Why should she have to show any more respect than a bar girl/customer type situation? They apparently knew each other for a while, he says they do their own things in terms of sleeping around. He cant have it both ways. He cant be a control freak when with her but <deleted> around on her at the same time lol. It is a simple solution, either make the relationship serious or find someone else who fits his needs a little better. 

Edited by wildewillie89

5 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

I think there is a bit of a difference if she isn't a bar girl though. A bar girl at the end of the day is relying on the customer as that is her income. It is purely a business deal (even though most on here seem to think the girls actually want them). This guy said that she wasn't a bar girl and have known each other for a while with a less than serious relationship it seems. She is aware that she is a 'holiday gf'. She just seems to use that to her advantage, maybe some free travel so she can post on her Facebook to all her friends to see (who knows). Why should she have to show any more respect than a bar girl/customer type situation? They apparently knew each other for a while, he says they do their own things in terms of sleeping around. He cant have it both ways. He cant be a control freak when with her but <deleted> around on her at the same time lol. It is a simple solution, either make the relationship serious or find someone else who fits his needs a little better. 

Respect is Respect My Man!

Have you ever taken a woman out for a meal then later to a pub or some place else, and she ran off with some other man she so happened to like better at that time, or spent the night talking and flirting with him? Well I haven't! But if it did happen to me you can be sure that is her last date with me. 

I don't care what name you want to attach to her like Holiday G.F, or Part-time Lover, or whatever. She still needs to show you respect while you are out on a date with her.

But then there are some guys who let woman take advantage of them and wipe their feet all over them, so I guess if you are that type of person it is up to you. But it seems to me this bothered the OP or otherwise he would not have brought this up here. 

4 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Respect is Respect My Man!

Have you ever taken a woman out for a meal then later to a pub or some place else, and she ran off with some other man she so happened to like better at that time, or spent the night talking and flirting with him? Well I haven't! But if it did happen to me you can be sure that is her last date with me. 

I don't care what name you want to attach to her like Holiday G.F, or Part-time Lover, or whatever. She still needs to show you respect while you are out on a date with her.

But then there are some guys who let woman take advantage of them and wipe their feet all over them, so I guess if you are that type of person it is up to you. But it seems to me this bothered the OP or otherwise he would not have brought this up here. 

Respect also goes both ways. We don't know the full story. Maybe this girl has tried pursuing something a little more serious but the guy is continuously just leading her on to get his rocks off, so out of desperation she is trying a new tactic to get his attention. Seems likely, as if this is the type of woman she is, then why does he keep going back to the situation if he sees it as so disrespectful? Again, he hasn't showed her any sort of respect it seems, so there is absolutely no onus on her to show him respect. You cant have your cake and eat it too. If you are both not tied together, and both happy to have fun, and refuse to be together then you cant expect her to put her life on hold for you. It's not even a matter of respect actually, it's a matter of living.  

I don't understand your comment about taking advantage? Isn't that exactly what is going on with the OP. She did something, he got a bit annoyed, he couldn't express his feelings directly to her so he has come to talk to 'the boys' on a forum? Like, come on, we are all adults aren't we? I am sure if we have insignificant troubles like this with someone we say is 'just a bit of fun', then surely he can discuss that with her face to face cant he? I dont know why you directed the comment at me when the OP and, in theory your support of him, are the people who are letting the women walk all over them lol.

As for the going out part...I don't recall i have had that happen to me. And you're exactly right, if it did happen you do one of two things....you say what is going on directly to her? Or you leave. Does the guy ask her what she wants for dinner through this forum too? lol. If the communication is that bad no wonder she is talking to other people. 

Edited by wildewillie89