This is what cancer can do - Facebook user hits back at claims she is a fake

webfact

This is what cancer can do - Facebook user hits back at claims she is a fake 

a4.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A Facebook user who posted before and after pictures and a video about her struggle with cancer has hit back at people who said she is a fake. 

The pictures show her with no hair and one side of her face seriously contorted, reports Daily News

She said this was as a result of the cancer and its treatment. 

Some said she had photo-shopped her image for sympathy. 

On the Facebook page of Jennie Yoo the woman - believed to be Thai - said in response to the fake claims that this was not a subject to make a joke out of. 

She said everything she posted was true and thanked the many members of the Thai public for their support in her struggle with the consequences of the disease. 

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-14

Strange. No hair which can be a sign of long term chemo but no sign of a scar. Chemo does not normally start until after surgery to remove a growth. Would be nice to know in English what her treatment was/is she has undergone. 

OK, I need to ask this for piece of mind; why is this even in the news? Unless it is addressed directly to the Daily news (I don't know)?

My viewpoint on articles like this would tend towards an invasion of privacy towards Jennie Yoo. Obviously something like this would be considered to be extremely private due to both physical and emotional ramifications of the cancer. Even if she didn't know how to tweak the FB filters, surely broadcasting this to a much larger audience isn't right?

Or is this just me?

If you want to post a real news story, go take photos of people being treated for lung, mouth and throat cancer as a result of tobacco use. Then have them willingly give accounts of the pain they are experiencing. 

At least do some public good with your stories. This is just pure sensational garbage with no proof that the source is giving an accurate account.

Edited by jaltsc

10 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

OK, I need to ask this for piece of mind; why is this even in the news? Unless it is addressed directly to the Daily news (I don't know)?

My viewpoint on articles like this would tend towards an invasion of privacy towards Jennie Yoo. Obviously something like this would be considered to be extremely private due to both physical and emotional ramifications of the cancer. Even if she didn't know how to tweak the FB filters, surely broadcasting this to a much larger audience isn't right?

Or is this just me?

It long ago became too much.

Mel C from the Spice Girls today sharing her eating disorder from the 90's (I only saw the headline on CNN). Outside of immediate family, does anyone really give a toss about 'news' such as this? Yes sad, but there are millions in this world suffering in silence the way people did before it before it became 'the norm' to air just about everything personal in public.

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

Or is this just me?

Well, it seems that she put up a video on YouTube with the understandable intent of silencing her doubters. Having her story (her proof)further shared on social media would seem to be consistent with her intent.

7 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Or is this just me?

It's just you...

7 hours ago, freebyrd said:

It long ago became too much.

Mel C from the Spice Girls today sharing her eating disorder from the 90's (I only saw the headline on CNN). Outside of immediate family, does anyone really give a toss about 'news' such as this? Yes sad, but there are millions in this world suffering in silence the way people did before it before it became 'the norm' to air just about everything personal in public.

Maybe...just maybe...it gives others like her HOPE or COURAGE or just the feeling, that they are not alone?

What do you care?
No one forces you to read these stories!

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Maybe...just maybe...it gives others like her HOPE or COURAGE or just the feeling, that they are not alone?

What do you care?
No one forces you to read these stories!

Indeed no one does, but that won't stop me giving an opinion, which doesn't hurt the individual(s) concerned. Conversely, why do you care what my opinion is?

No one forces you to read my posts! Actually, I scroll past yours many times each week.

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:39 AM, DGS1244 said:

Strange. No hair which can be a sign of long term chemo but no sign of a scar. Chemo does not normally start until after surgery to remove a growth. Would be nice to know in English what her treatment was/is she has undergone. 

Sorry I have to correct you. It is not correct that you must have a surgery before Chemo.

I know what I am speaking about, since my 12 year son has Lymph node cancer and just finished his second Chemo without surgery before. My Son lost his hair but he has no deformations through the chemo.