Police hunt for maid after Bt7m stolen from home

webfact

Police hunt for maid after Bt7m stolen from home
By The Nation

1d7e3514e2170c40534ae77a8a228f7a.jpeg

Khin Myat Upu

BANGKOK: -- Police have issued an arrest warrant for a 30-year-old Myanmar maid who allegedly stole valuables and cash worth Bt7 million only four days after she started working for her employer in Bangkok’s Thon Buri district.

Bukkhalo police superintendent Pol Colonel Jinnawat Konthongdee said medical equipment importer Thanaphak Jiradechdamrong, 30, told police that the maid started working at his house on December 8 and asked for permission to leave on December 12 to visit her boyfriend whom she said had been in an accident.

The maid, identified by police as Khin Myat Upu, left the house with two plastic bags and Bt500 advance pay. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30302129

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-15

$200,000 USD worth of cash and valuables?  Really? 

Sounds to me like someone is running an insurance scam.  Probably gave the gap $10,000 USD to go back home and disappear so he could file an insurance claim for $200,000.  

10 minutes ago, digibum said:

$200,000 USD worth of cash and valuables?  Really? 

Sounds to me like someone is running an insurance scam.  Probably gave the gap $10,000 USD to go back home and disappear so he could file an insurance claim for $200,000.  

Being so penny wise, I doubt they bought insurance... ?

Maybe it's karma ! Taking advantage of someone by paying measly wages ends up biting you straight on the arse !! Clean your own mess up in the future . 

Wind your head in! Where's the advantage and how do you know what wage was paid? If you take on a maid you will pay them well over the 'going rate' because you believe their wages are measly? Do you also tip 7-11 staff because they are similarly underpaid? She was a maid and was likely paid the going rate. There's only one victim here.

25 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Wind your head in! Where's the advantage and how do you know what wage was paid? If you take on a maid you will pay them well over the 'going rate' because you believe their wages are measly? Do you also tip 7-11 staff because they are similarly underpaid? She was a maid and was likely paid the going rate. There's only one victim here.

Maybe you too like to take advantage of the disadvantaged? 500 baht advanced wages is just over one day of minimum wage . Do you think for one moment the creep was even paying that ? Trust me I know plenty of bangkok ladies of leisure that do nothing but eat and shop and pay the Burmese maid 6-7 k baht a month .  Every now and then they take a hit . Oh dear life's tough . 

Edited by chrisandsu

Just now, zaphod reborn said:

A medical equipment importer wouldn't be able to operate without insurance.  That insurance would probably cover property in his personal dwelling.

Equipment imported under CIF terms, nothing to do with personal dwellings.

Leaving 7 million around the house with a new cleaner just employed? Either they don't know the value of money because they have so much or are just plain moronic and stupid. My money's on both options.

:partytime2:Good on ya, Khin Myat Upu.:intheclub: