Where do you get all your home appliances at one go in Pattaya ?

thairookie

I have read about Numchai but it's a bit out of the way from Jomtien, especially with the ongoing construction works at Sukhumvit.  I have been there once and they are not exactly big.

Would you consider Power Mall or Power Buy, whatever it's called ?  Are they more expensive than Numchai.

I would never buy everything in one go from one store. I would take my time and look around as new offers come and go every week and can often save you 20% or more. I certainly didnt pay anywhere near full price for my fridge-freezer or washing machine.

Also you dont say what you mean by "all". Is this very fancy imported stuff or just run-of-the-mill equipment?

If I did want to buy everything at once I might be tempted to look at BigC.

I've bought most of my white goods from Home Works Power Buy. But you can save quite a bit shopping around even between Power Buy stores. I've snagged several bargains by comparing prices. I would suggest Power Buy Homework, Home Pro and then the big Power Buy shop in Pattaya Klang. I went to Numchai once and didn't like it. I bought a new 55 inch TV a couple of weeks ago and saved about 5,000 Baht.

9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I would never buy everything in one go from one store. I would take my time and look around as new offers come and go every week and can often save you 20% or more. I certainly didnt pay anywhere near full price for my fridge-freezer or washing machine.

Also you dont say what you mean by "all". Is this very fancy imported stuff or just run-of-the-mill equipment?

If I did want to buy everything at once I might be tempted to look at BigC.

Good reminder, I must say.  

I need to get new furniture plus home appliance, but trying to cut down to time and the number of trips.

Try the Hafele store on Suk across from Tesco.  They'll give you a good discount and have a good selection.  Worth a peek.

As others have mentioned, it's worth your time to do some serious shopping around.  One store might have an item for 15,000 while another has a promotion on the same thing for 11,000. 

HomePro, HomeWorks, Numchai, PowerBuy (store on Klang), Boonthavorn, HomeMart.  All are worth a peek.  Ya never know.  I've bought something from every one of them! LOL

You might even try the new Index store.  Quite big and seems to have a great selection also.  It's a long day, but start at Hafele, go to HomePro on S. Pattaya, then to PowerBuy on Klang, then to Index, hit Boonthavorn, U-turn back to Numchai and you've got them pretty much all covered! LOL

Negotiate hard.  They do offer discounts.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Try the Hafele store on Suk across from Tesco.  They'll give you a good discount and have a good selection.  Worth a peek.

As others have mentioned, it's worth your time to do some serious shopping around.  One store might have an item for 15,000 while another has a promotion on the same thing for 11,000. 

HomePro, HomeWorks, Numchai, PowerBuy (store on Klang), Boonthavorn, HomeMart.  All are worth a peek.  Ya never know.  I've bought something from every one of them! LOL

You might even try the new Index store.  Quite big and seems to have a great selection also.  It's a long day, but start at Hafele, go to HomePro on S. Pattaya, then to PowerBuy on Klang, then to Index, hit Boonthavorn, U-turn back to Numchai and you've got them pretty much all covered! LOL

Further south  on Sukhumvit on the west side just before Chaiyapruek, there's also Thai Watsadu.

Where is the new Index Store?

The new Index store is just North of Klang on Suk, West side and almost opposite Numchai/Soi Siam Country Road.  Definitely worth a peek!  Nice store.

Many times, these stores have specials that are not advertised.  I got a great deal on a last model 55" LED TV.  About 1/2 off.  Not advertised.

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

The new Index store is just North of Klang on Suk, West side and almost opposite Numchai/Soi Siam Country Road.  Definitely worth a peek!  Nice store.

Many times, these stores have specials that are not advertised.  I got a great deal on a last model 55" LED TV.  About 1/2 off.  Not advertised.

I think we're talking about the same Index Living Mall (where Bo Concept is occupies an adjacent building). 

Thanks for the tip on non-advertised deals.

There is a world of difference in dealing with staff at Numchai & the other appliance stores especially Powerbuy who I found to be particularly difficult to get straight answers from.

Numchai will do the installation & back service as well & seem to deliver on their promises.

You may have to pay slightly more but they supply the added value & don't just pay lip service as some do.

13 hours ago, SidJames said:

There is a world of difference in dealing with staff at Numchai & the other appliance stores especially Powerbuy who I found to be particularly difficult to get straight answers from.

Numchai will do the installation & back service as well & seem to deliver on their promises.

You may have to pay slightly more but they supply the added value & don't just pay lip service as some do.

Pay a little more up front or spend a lot later on, up to you since it is your money,  but every time I try the cheap route I end up spending more in the long run, especially true here in Thailand 

• 2 weeks later...

I need a multi-point bathroom heater, and this Numchai sales lady recommended me Stiebel Eltron.  The cheapest is AEG though.  I can't go for the one with a huge water tank.  I remember using Fagor some 10 years ago when I was still in Bangkok.  I couldn't fill up my bathtub.

What do you guys go for ?  Stiebel Eltron ?

Just now, thairookie said:

I need a multi-point bathroom heater, and this Numchai sales lady recommended me Stiebel Eltron.  The cheapest is AEG though.  I can't go for the one with a huge water tank.  I remember using Fagor some 10 years ago when I was still in Bangkok.  I couldn't fill up my bathtub.

What do you guys go for ?  Stiebel Eltron ?

I have 4 of them.  Never a problem and they work fine.  Plenty of hot water.

On 12/17/2016 at 7:58 PM, SidJames said:

Wow..that surely must be a ringing endorsement for Numchai.  I have decided to get my smart TV, fridge, water heater, microwave with Numchai. 

6 minutes ago, thairookie said:

Hafele is a German brand.  Do they sell only Hafele products ?

They also stock FRANKE which is Swiss I believe & gorenje which is Slovenian.

Presently there's a very sleek gorenje range of Starck designed appliances if you really want to up your game.

6 minutes ago, SidJames said:

They also stock FRANKE which is Swiss I believe & gorenje which is Slovenian.

Presently there's a very sleek gorenje range of Starck designed appliances if you really want to up your game.

Nice to know.  Will pop in another time.  They seem to close early.  I was at Tesco the other night, and by 8 pm the Hafele lights were off.

1 hour ago, thairookie said:

Hafele is a German brand.  Do they sell only Hafele products ?

I'm pretty sure only Hafele products.  But not 100% sure. Huge selection of hardware.  Not tools.

You can negotiate a bit. The more you buy the more they will negotiate.